The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

$25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

• pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Crown Store prices are appropriately high. The people who are going to consistently buy things in the Crown Store are going to pay whatever ZOS is asking for the stuff in there no matter how high the cost. The rest of us are going to play the game and get stuff that way.
  • Surrepo
    Surrepo
    I do not see where is all this fuss about. Those of us who pay their sub as normal, those items are a nice bonus to get.
    Also the expansions going to be for free to the subscribers, so who cares a horse costs 25 or 250 or 2500 or 25000 crowns. We do not spend real money to buy those things either way, but the subscription to the game as normal, with the added BONUS of having currency to spend to the crown market.

For those who want to play on the cheap without subscription, they have to cough up realy money (if they can afford it) to buy such vanity items. After all thats how F2P/B2P model is working. But is them who "outright" dismiss to pay for a subscription. Huh. Hypocrisy......

You should be happy that ZoS hasn't implement on the non subs the restrictions similar to SWTOR. Like not been able to use something better than blue gear without sub, significantly reduced rewards, restriction on crafting skills (down to 1 from 3), no access to many areas of the game, until you either buy a sub or pay for those "certifications". And there regardless if you have a sub you have to buy the expansions.

At least in TESO the expansions are included with the subscription package and those of us who have the sub, dont have to pay for it extra (hehe).

So you either pay the sub as game service, and get full access everywhere and as bonus the currency for the crown market, or spend real money on digital items.

However ZoS was damned because of the subscriptions, but damned because of using B2P/F2P model? Huh.
    They are business and has to make money to keep the game running and develop new stuff. Not a charity.

This all day long. They are a business, they have to make moeny somehow to keep the game going, quit whining.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The subtext of the complaint, really, is a concern about paying $25 for something in a game that has changed so much in a year.

Nobody can forecast what the game will look like a year from now. Nobody really wants to pay $25 out of pocket for a mount if the server's going to be offline by this time next year. You can't take anything when you die, and you can't take anything from a game when it dies.

Even when things are free, server shutdown stings. All those people on Tentacl who took time to create a character look and style only to have it disappear when the site closed, for instance. You can get just as attached to a digital thing as a tangible thing. So you're going to fear losing it from the moment you buy it.

I'm all for a cash store and whatever comes with it. But the future of the game is uncertain, so cautious, conservative purchasing isn't a bad strategy. Only put in today what you are lovingly willing to lose tomorrow.
    signing off
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hehe OP, sure others have said, but tbh I did not bother to read through 6 pages, but don`t buy it, simples...

Although tbh some will, there is always people who will.

As the saying goes...

"Build it and they will come", or in this instance, "Create a gimmick and some will buy it".

Fact of life.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The subtext of the complaint, really, is a concern about paying $25 for something in a game that has changed so much in a year.

Nobody can forecast what the game will look like a year from now. Nobody really wants to pay $25 out of pocket for a mount if the server's going to be offline by this time next year. You can't take anything when you die, and you can't take anything from a game when it dies.

Even when things are free, server shutdown stings. All those people on Tentacl who took time to create a character look and style only to have it disappear when the site closed, for instance. You can get just as attached to a digital thing as a tangible thing. So you're going to fear losing it from the moment you buy it.

I'm all for a cash store and whatever comes with it. But the future of the game is uncertain, so cautious, conservative purchasing isn't a bad strategy. Only put in today what you are lovingly willing to lose tomorrow.

The server is not going to shut down. If it did, no one would ever buy another title from the studio again.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    People have got to understand. $25 is a lot of money for some but not for others. There are people out there with more money then they know what to do with and parents who buy their high school kids BMW's for their birthday to drive to school. So it's all relative. There are also people out there who regularly buy stuff they can't afford. It's all relative to the person.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also come the holidays there may be deep discounts on all that stuff or rotating discounts when sales slow down.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    It makes you wonder how much a full DLC will cost. I'm expecting no less than $150-$200 at this point with little gear slot unlocks and subtle things whittled in here and there that become mandatory in order to remain competitive, if you're a competitive kind of player.
    Assuming that there's any relationship at all between the prices of cosmetic items and the prices of DLC is a mistake. They are different target audiences (with overlap between them, of course), and require different pricing/marketing strategies.

Most people playing the game will want to purchase any DLC that comes out (unless they subscribe and don't need to), because if you want to keep playing you're going to want that content. In order to maintain and (hopefully) increase your player base, you need to price DLC reasonably so that the majority of players feel like it's a worthwhile purchase. Depending on the size of the DLC, the price that the majority of players would feel is reasonable will vary, but unless it was truly massive (and maybe not even then) I couldn't see it being anything but an utter marketing failure if it was priced at or above the box price for the base game. Pricing DLC too high could literally kill the game.

The same cannot be said of cosmetic items, because there's a big segment of the player population that flat-out doesn't care about cosmetics. Cosmetic items are marketed to the people who do care about them, and are priced accordingly. People who care about cosmetic items will either fall into the "must get all of them" whale category, or the "I'll get only the things that I think are cool" category (well, there's also the "impulse buyer" category, but that's more relevant when talking about micro-transactions). People in the first category will generally spend whatever the price is, but they are a smaller segment. People in the second category are much more numerous, but pick and choose items based on whether they like them, and also somewhat based on the price. If you only care about the smaller whale category, you'll price items really high. If you care about both categories, you'll price items along the lines of the prices we've been seeing in the crown store. High enough that the whales who buy everything will bring in decent profits, but low enough that the choosier players will still be willing to shell out the money to buy items if they like them enough.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I might buy one, I'll have to see how it looks. I have like 5K crowns after the game went buy to play. Those to me are basically like free money so I might spend it on something like this.

But if I had 0 crowns, I would not buy this mount. I would only buy possibly it was like a 50% sale or something.

But ESO also said this was going to be a rare mount, only available for a few days, then it will be gone from the store till they bust it out again I guess.

Overall though, I thought the prices were reasonable. 900 crowns for a regular horse is a good price compared to mounts in other games and just other games various DLC's in general to me.
    Edited by wolfydog on April 16, 2015 6:58PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed the prices are way out there i dont mind paying 5 dollars for a mount but not 25. But hey its up to them lol the numbers should lower in time i hope.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I guess you're upset because you want one of these $25 mounts but don't want to spend that much money on it? Because if you don't feel the mount is a must-have, then why on earth would you care how much they're charging? Personally, I don't intend to ever spend anything more than what I get from my ESO Plus membership, and I don't need anything cosmetic, so I could care less how much they make this stuff. In fact, I prefer the prices to be particularly high so that there's never any real competition between the crown store and equal items found in the actual game, like motifs.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade