Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

$25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they're starting to realize that most players that were awarded big amounts of Crown Points haven't been spending their points, but are instead waiting for real DLC content to spend their Crown Points on. This means there won't be a big revenue bump from the DLC, because the Crown Points being spent were given away for free. So they've decided to fix this by throwing out cheap items to drain the current pool of existing Crown Points, so that people will need to buy Crown Points to buy the DLC.

agree 100%. unfortunately for me I love leopards and bosmer. I have 3 bosmer vet chars and the fact valenwood is crawling with them makes them a cool and not too lore breaking mount for me (as bosmer traditionally can control the woodland creatures). unlike the daft shadowmere knock off that is the nightmare mount.
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    Not sure what world some of you reside on, but $25 for a MOUNT is A LOT of money. It's especially a lot of money for pixels that do nothing extra beyond CHEAPER pixels.

If I'm going to spend cash on such a mount, it really has to have some sort of advantage over other, less expensive mounts in the Crown Store. The color scheme is just not enough for me to justify the purchase.

Even a 5% speed boost above and beyond every other mount in the store would probably be enough to tip the scales for me.

Right now however, I cannot see a reason to purchase this mount and acquiring it as some sort of status symbol just doesn't appeal to me as a 42yr. old gamer.

Side Note Unlreated to this Conversation: Crown Store advertisements on my screen while I am gaming is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I'm on earth how about you ? Over here on this blue marble over the last at least 5 years $20-$30 mounts have been a standard range for unique looking mounts. Also over here in earth there is a dirty evil thing we call pay to win, paying for any type of statistical bonus is clearly in that territory. So what world do you reside on ? Over here on earth things are just as usual :)
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't mind the price for the mount. I would probably never buy crowns with the intent to get a mount with them- but I will definitely be using some of my ESO+ allotment on the senche-lioness when it's released.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the senche - they knew it would be desirable so they upped the price and made it limited time. This is pretty obviously designed to generate a quick boost to cash flow - it will no doubt work :/

Look for more of the same (perhaps repeat offers) any time the cash flow needs a boost.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    I fully understand that ZOS is in this, in part, to make a profit. However, 2500 crowns for a leopard mount that a couple of guys spent a couple of days working on? How about you charge me 2500 for the Imperial City instead and make the mount something a little more reasonable, like 500 ($5). Honestly, that's like your local grocery store selling packages of ramen noodles for $5 a piece. Part of a product's worth is how much work and effort went into it's production and the leopard mount simply isn't worth $25, sorry.

Well, the leopard is going to travel in a 200 million dollars world. I'm sure the leopard itself costs less than 50 cents per customer but if put in the context of ESO it costs much more.

And you can still subscribe to the game to get free CPs and get the mount for a much lesser cost.

• Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    I fully understand that ZOS is in this, in part, to make a profit. However, 2500 crowns for a leopard mount that a couple of guys spent a couple of days working on? How about you charge me 2500 for the Imperial City instead and make the mount something a little more reasonable, like 500 ($5). Honestly, that's like your local grocery store selling packages of ramen noodles for $5 a piece. Part of a product's worth is how much work and effort went into it's production and the leopard mount simply isn't worth $25, sorry.

crybaby u know how much money people spend on archeage to get lockboxes to get the donkey mount? probably $500 or more and you crying over a $20 mount
    I'm outta here
  • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
    Expecting luxury goods you don't need to be free is more redunkulousness if you ask me.

Entiteled much?
    If i was them I would jack it up to 100$ JUST FOR YOU ^^ and another 10$ everytime you complain.
  • PurpleRosa
    PurpleRosa
    ✭✭✭
    $25 for a mount is actually a steal.
    Go look at the Aion store if you want a permanent mount it's like $50
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The price is fine with me because it's something I want and will get a lot of use out of - just as I have with the nightmare. My main guy has ridden a nightmare since Morrowind, through Oblivion and Skyrim (modded in by me in each game) so for me it was a no-brainer to grab it for him in this game, - especially as modding it is not possible. His vampirism and nightmare steed are what define him as a 10+ year-old character. In MMOs I have to buy the things I want because I can't mod them in.

But, that's OK - I really want the leopard anyway, and my money goes towards keeping the game going. If something came along that I didn't want, under these same circumstances ($25 or 'limited edition') then I wouldn't buy it. Simple as that.

Things I can come across naturally in the game, or make myself, are items I wouldn't pay for in the shop. So far there are no quests that offer an exotic mount as a reward, therefore I turn to the crown shop to get it.

Chances are that I will end up with a variety of cat mounts and pets because I'm a crazy cat lady in real life! ;)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prices are good, cause if they are to cheap every player will buy every mount. So people think more about which mount or pet they should buy. So we have more diversity of different pets and mounts cause only a few people will have them all. Only for collectors which want to have them all the prices are a problem.

It's a tricky time the leo comes out. Many people already used their free crowns and will not get free crowns from renew right in time. :) So they have to buy extra crowns, to buy the mount. A short time for the offer will make this the first really rare mount. I think there will be more senche tigers out there as senche leos will be.
    Edited by frank.bindb16_ESO on April 15, 2015 9:19AM
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    I fear for how much they're going to charge for DLC
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AH93 wrote: »
    I fear for how much they're going to charge for DLC

Doesn't fear me, cause I will continue to pay my monthly fee for eso+ and so I have no need to buy them.

• Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    You Americans are probably alien to the concept of asking for discount whenever you have to pay for something. So I guess asking for discount won't get me a cheaper mount... :(
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Americans are probably alien to the concept of asking for discount whenever you have to pay for something. So I guess asking for discount won't get me a cheaper mount... :(

I've tried asking for one at Walmart, but they always just look at me with this funny face.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got my flatscreen from walmart for a discount but all cash payment :) bravia 46 inch flatscreen. I would advise if you want to haggle go in with cash. Cant haggle with credit or debit cards.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a European, the concept of haggling in these circumstance is entirely alien to me. It isn't a flea market or a local antique shop, I'm not buying in bulk, why the hell would they give me a discount?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets play entropia universe
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    As a European, the concept of haggling in these circumstance is entirely alien to me. It isn't a flea market or a local antique shop, I'm not buying in bulk, why the hell would they give me a discount?

It never hurts just to ask. Asking for discount on anything eventually becomes a habit. The worst answer you can get is no. When I had to pay for parking today, I asked for a discount, so they credited my parking ticket without having to pay for a cent.
    Edited by Parrotbrain on April 15, 2015 12:24PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this idea of "Well it's the same/worse in other games therefore it's ok here." There are games with worse bugs than ESO has ever had, that never get fixed, so should we accept them not fixing the bugs we have, since that's how it works in other games?

Shouldn't we want ZOS to at least try to make this game better than the competition instead of settling for being mediocre at best?

Especially when it comes to cash shop items where I wonder if some people realise just how bad it can get. Other games have "limited time" mounts where the limit is how long you can use it. Pay $25 for your leopard? Ok sure, you've got 14 days to use it, then you pay again or go back to your horse. Since it's fairly standard in a subset of other MMOs maybe it should be introduced here too? How about lock boxes that not only contain some of the best items in the game but award even better items to the person who spent the most money opening them that day/week/month. And splash their name and reward across the screen of every single other person playing when they get it.

Personally I'd much prefer ZOS and ESO to become an example to other MMOs and their customers of what a B2P game can be and how it can be profitable without screwing over players at every opportunity.
    Rosveen wrote: »

I'm not sure about all of Europe but in the UK you can ask for a discount on any product in any shop. The problem is if it's a big chain the regular staff are probably very limited in what they can do and the managers know it's usually not worth their time to haggle.

But I've worked in a few different places, all part of big (non-franchise) chains and even then it varies. In one place anyone with a till login could charge whatever they wanted for any item, but if it was a big change from the displayed price or otherwise unusual you'd have to justify it to a manager and may have to pay the difference yourself. At the other extreme another place I worked only allowed us to give a 10% discount max and only on 3 items a day, anything else had to be approved by a manager.

Even when it is an option it's not as simple as asking and they'll do it. Simply saying "So, what discount do I get?" will probably get you nothing at all. If your reason is simply that you're spending a lot you need to make sure it's a lot for them, not just for you. I'd agree that spending £200 on games in one go is a lot for a customer, but when I worked in GAME I'd regularly run through transactions of over £500 so unless you can convince me you'll be doing this regularly I wouldn't even bother asking the manager.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Circuitous wrote: »
    My advice, then, would be to not buy it.

Well said!
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • AvalonSkye
    AvalonSkye
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    How do people have the money for stuff like this?

They have jobs IRL.
  • henryabelarwb17_ESO
    The only thing I would pay that amount for is if we ever get a fire breathing flying dragon mount :)
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay just about anything for a fire breathing dragon mount!
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭

And you can still subscribe to the game to get free CPs and get the mount for a much lesser cost.

This statement is only partially correct. For those of us that ARE subscribed, but currently do NOT have enough crowns to purchase the mount now, we will miss out on this mount, possibly forever.

If this mount does NOT appear in the future, then we will never be able to get it UNLESS we shell out $25 now. Next month when my recurring 6 month sub goes into effect I will have plenty of crowns. But alas they will come to late.

If you ask me, this is a devious marketing ploy. Any current player that has a sub, when the game switched over to Tamriel Unlimited, got crowns. Some may have gotten quite a few of them. I would imagine that a great number of people spent a lot of those crowns, if not all of them. I myself have 500 crowns left at this time. ZOS know that and ZOS knows full well how many people went and spent all of their crowns.

So now, they release a "limited offer / limited time" mount. It's is hyped this way to garner MORE interest, even though this mount offers NOTHING special over any other mount. It is then priced at a STEEP $25 / 2500 crowns. This price IS steep, don't fool yourself into believing otherwise. This is a luxury that I would have gotten FREE if this game had not gone FTP (sort-of).

With this special limited time offer, they PREY upon those out there that do not have the crowns, baiting them into spending $25 for this mount. Make no mistake, this IS predatory advertising. No more FREE crowns are available until next month. By then this mount WILL be gone and may NEVER come back.

This was a well timed, pre-meditated release of this specific mount, and a limited time offer designed to prey on the players desires and take their money.

Don't ever think otherwise.
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With this special limited time offer, they PREY upon those out there that do not have the crowns, baiting them into spending $25 for this mount. Make no mistake, this IS predatory advertising. No more FREE crowns are available until next month. By then this mount WILL be gone and may NEVER come back.

This was a well timed, pre-meditated release of this specific mount, and a limited time offer designed to prey on the players desires and take their money.

Don't ever think otherwise.
    So are you saying that announcing well in advance of anyone ever getting their "free" crowns that they were planning on doing some limited time items in the crown store, and then later doing what they said they were going to do and putting a limited time item in the crown store... You're saying that's predatory advertising? I mean, we've known there were going to be limited time items almost as long as we've known there was going to be a crown store in the first place! If you didn't plan for that when splurging and spending all of your "free" crowns then I don't really see how you can blame anyone but yourself.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes you wonder how much a full DLC will cost. I'm expecting no less than $150-$200 at this point with little gear slot unlocks and subtle things whittled in here and there that become mandatory in order to remain competitive, if you're a competitive kind of player.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay just about anything for a fire breathing dragon mount!

Now that you've said it, they are probably thinking on doing it. >:)
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be buying it (just like everything else that eso throws at me) and I feel bad for anyone that considers this, a lot of money to spend.

I'm more confused at the thought of spending real money, on something that"s already part of the game i.e motifs!

Honestly what would be the point in playing if I was just gonna buy from the store, the few items in-game to actually play and hunt for.

Maybe you don't have the time? Then I say ESO is not for you, and I hope it never is, because eso is not a game that should show you everything on the first day ( like COD or some garbage like that).

Went a little of topic there, sorry folks... bring on the leapord mount : ) even though I'll probably hardly ever use it lol ( hurry up and give me first person mount riding zos, so I can actually enjoy my mounts lol).
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today was the tax deadline. If it were me I would drop a ton of new stuff in a few weeks, about the time the returns start coming in.

I hope that they turn the XP pots into a gold dump. Allow people to buy them at some ridiculous gold price like 200k a pop or something. I hope they aren't limited to the crown store.
    Edited by timidobserver on April 16, 2015 3:13AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we send the OP to the Star Citizen sight to get some perspective? My 350R, Super Hornet, Carrack...never mind, I don't want to talk about what's in my hangar.

It's less than my friend who has spent over $5,000 now. It all started with the Idriss and got out of hand from there...

My point is that there are people who want to fund games they love and want to have around for a long time. I would have paid a triple monthly subscription to ESO myself if it meant quicker development. I'm thinking of collecting every mount in game now just to be a supporter.

Edited by Elijah_Crow on April 16, 2015 4:26AM