Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Palomino Horse gone for good?

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genomic wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I am going to assume the lack of a follow-up to this is because they are discussing options.

Just to be safe, I just bought everything from the Crown Store that I wanted before ZOS decides to pull it without warning ...

The alarm just went up at ZOS headquarters.

"Thar she blows!!"

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1

Nice ... :) Honestly, though, there wasn't much I wanted from the Crown Store so far. Just horses and one set of the costumes.

Pets? No. My cat already tries to lay on the keyboard when I'm in a fight. Either that or walk right in front of my monitor and stop ...
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to pop in and clear up some confusion. While the Palomino horse is no longer sold on our website, we do have plans to sell the Palomino in the Crown Store at some point in the near future (though we can say it won't be this month as we've already revealed what those items will be).

This feels like the appropriate time to ask: Are all the items in the Crown Store limited time only? And how can we tell when the time is about to run out?
    Not all items, though we may sell limited-availability items in the future. If that's the case, we'll let you know ahead of time so you have time to plan for a purchase.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification. :)
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop in and clear up some confusion. While the Palomino horse is no longer sold on our website, we do have plans to sell the Palomino in the Crown Store at some point in the near future (though we can say it won't be this month as we've already revealed what those items will be).

This feels like the appropriate time to ask: Are all the items in the Crown Store limited time only? And how can we tell when the time is about to run out?
    Not all items, though we may sell limited-availability items in the future. If that's the case, we'll let you know ahead of time so you have time to plan for a purchase.

Thank you very much for clearing this up. I'll look for it in the crown store.
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. That's good to know!

*sets 1500 crown aside*
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• "The Bravil Retriever is a master skeever-hunter, a strong swimmer, and clever to boot."
    • "Often trained as guard dogs, Shornhelm Shepherds will fiercely defend their master and domain, even to the death. Any hero would be lucky to have such a companion."

From the above bullet points quoted from the pet page linked by "ZOS_GinaBruno" :

Are we to understand that "ZOS_GinaBruno" is telling us that the Retriever can/will swim with us in water that horses can't be coaxed into, as well as fight skeevers that we find are attacking us in our exploring?

Likewise, The Sheperds will: "fiercely defend their master and domain, even to the death." if we are attacked out in the world somewhere?

If so, I'm thinking that these would be boon companions.
    Otherwise, I'm thinking that it's just empty suit-talk rhetoric from the higher-ups who want to foist off useless pets that watch us die while taking back the crowns we either bought with realworld money or were given in exchange for having forked over realworld money while betatesting the game for our yet-to-be-named console using overlords.....

I'm just sitting here wondering, and the answer I keep coming up with is: Potato.

ETA: I'm glad I bought my Palominos for my account a long while ago.
    Edited by twev on April 7, 2015 4:50AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only pets that aid you in combat are the sorcerer ones and that is how it should be. The rest is flavor test. It's a vanity item, you won't get combat use out of it - and thank Vivec for that.
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only pets that aid you in combat are the sorcerer ones and that is how it should be. The rest is flavor test. It's a vanity item, you won't get combat use out of it - and thank Vivec for that.

While I understand your point completely, the ad copy that was in the link posted by "ZOS_GinaBruno" really does say differently.

I'm not questioning you, I'm just pointing out the flip side as presented by the people who sell us stuff in the game.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do the different-priced horses actually have different stats? That is, it it worth buying the expensive ones, when there's a cheap one?
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the different-priced horses actually have different stats? That is, it it worth buying the expensive ones, when there's a cheap one?

They are all the same. Mounts are just "skins"
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Why the price differences, then? Just to maintain the sense of "having something special" for those who bought the colored horses?
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ Colorful luggage.
    Valar Morghulis.

• farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Colorful luggage.

If they had the Luggage, I'd buy it whatever the price.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they had the Luggage, I'd buy it whatever the price.

^ This. So this. :)

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why the price differences, then? Just to maintain the sense of "having something special" for those who bought the colored horses?
    People pay for cosmetics. They always have, and they always will. Not everyone, mind you, but a lot of people. Personally I've got a different mount for each of my 8 characters on my main account, just because I wanted to give each of them a mount that I felt was appropriate for that particular character. My Khajiit nightblade (who happens to look like a striped tiger) has my striped tiger senche, my Imperial dragonknight has a black horse (the 42K stamina one), my Argonian nightblade has a striped guar, my Dunmer dragonknight has a tasselated guar, my Redguard templar has a Yokudan charger, my kind of eveil power-hungry Altmer vampire sorcerer has a Nightmare, my Breton sorcerer has a light brown horse (the 42K speed one), and my Orc templar has a piebald destrier.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the same @UrQuan. One mount per character. I only have 3 characters though...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

While I understand your point completely, the ad copy that was in the link posted by "ZOS_GinaBruno" really does say differently.

I'm not questioning you, I'm just pointing out the flip side as presented by the people who sell us stuff in the game.

It's called "Flavor" and it presents the item with a bit of role playing. Don't take it so literally.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Calluna
    Calluna
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am kind of disgruntled that I paid for exclusive this horse along with a sub just because I liked it way back when the game started. I guess that is a lesson nothing is exclusive. Just like the play any faction with Imperial... I do kind of feel like it is a bait and switch but I guess I knew because *** got to make bank.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high price horses originally actually had better stats on them. The fact that they converted them from actual stat bearing horses to just skins shows a decided lazy factor on ZOS's part. The skins certainly aren't worth 42K gold! The Crown Store skins look much nicer for much less.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high price horses originally actually had better stats on them. The fact that they converted them from actual stat bearing horses to just skins shows a decided lazy factor on ZOS's part. The skins certainly aren't worth 42K gold! The Crown Store skins look much nicer for much less.
    42k in game gold vs 1200 crowns (or $12 dollars real cash)

42k in game gold is worth a lot less to me then $12 dollars real cash. I prefer they do not change the price, its just a vanity item now so leave it at the current price. Gold is easy to get. But the crown store horses look better.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

42k in game gold is worth a lot less to me then $12 dollars real cash. I prefer they do not change the price, its just a vanity item now so leave it at the current price. Gold is easy to get. But the crown store horses look better.

It's easy to get at my levels, but not for beginners it's not.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

It's easy to get at my levels, but not for beginners it's not.
    Which is fine, because even for beginners 10K in gold is easy to get (or at least, since the justice system came in it is - it should only take a few days), so they can still get a fully functional horse quickly without having to spend cash. If you particularly like the look of any of the 42K gold horses, well at high levels that's not a lot of money. If you're a low level, then it's something to work towards while you tool around on your 10K horse.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So just to double-check: someone has changed between a draft horse, and an imperial horse, and has confirmed that their inventory capacity definitely does not change, not even as a bug, despite what the flavor text states?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @farrier_ESO no one needed to confirm anything. There is ZERO functional difference between mounts now. None.

Which is unfortunate.

Edited by Gidorick on April 8, 2015 1:12PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @farrier_ESO no one needed to confirm anything. There is ZERO functional difference between mounts now. None.

Which is unfortunate.

I've not noticed this - not saying you're wrong, I've just not paid attention - but why would horses be implemented this way? Because the in-game horse still sell for different prices. And last night on zone chat, some was saying the 40k horses were faster.

But if they are, indeed, the same, they they should all sell for the same price.
    Valar Morghulis.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is unfortunate.

I've not noticed this - not saying you're wrong, I've just not paid attention - but why would horses be implemented this way? Because the in-game horse still sell for different prices. And last night on zone chat, some was saying the 40k horses were faster.

But if they are, indeed, the same, they they should all sell for the same price.
    The 42K horses used to each have a stat bonus (one was +10 speed, one was +10 capacity, and one was +10 stamina, which allowed you to get as high as +60 on the boosted stat, while other horse stats could previously only get as high as 50), but that's gone.

Now because it's all based on rider skill rather than on the horse itself, no matter what horse (or other mount) you ride, it will be at a base +15% speed over your on-foot movement, and then have bonuses based on your riding skill, with up to +60 on each of speed, capacity, and stamina.

Now the only difference between the different mounts is cosmetic. Some are still different prices than others (in gold, and in crowns) partly as a holdover from before (for the ones that can be bought with gold), and partly because people are often willing to pay more based on cosmetics anyway.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHOOHOO! I finally own a rare mount!

See mom, I told you I would accomplish something one day!
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @farrier_ESO no one needed to confirm anything.

Nobody *needs* to confirm, no: it's hardly life and death. But I am asking whether anyone actually *has* confirmed it empirically (and inventory capacity seems the most clear measurable for that), and that this is working the way that you believe the documentation says it should?

That is, that the in-game descriptions of the three 42k horses are now completely incorrect?

This is not at all a personal slur on your honesty, just my natural caution about claims made on the forums. Without an explanation of why you believe a thing, I can't know how much weight to give that belief.

Edited by farrier_ESO on April 8, 2015 5:39PM
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭

Nobody *needs* to confirm, no: it's hardly life and death. But I am asking whether anyone actually *has* confirmed it empirically (and inventory capacity seems the most clear measurable for that), and that this is working the way that you believe the documentation says it should?

That is, that the in-game descriptions of the three 42k horses are now completely incorrect?

Let's look at it this way:
    * All mounts are now placed in the Collections tab, making them accessible to all characters on your account/server.
    * Riding skills, however, are now character-based (instead of feeding mounts to raise skill levels, you're training each skill on each character).

So while mounts are account-based, skills are character-based. If mounts had individual skill boosts on them, that would directly conflict the character-based riding skill mechanic. Also, if someone bought all mounts with "boosts" (like I have), then all my characters would have that extra advantage. I can attest that this is not true--upon creating a new character, for instance, I did not have an extra 10 bag slots from owning the "Draft Horse" (I don't believe its named that anymore). My other characters created pre-patch also do not have an extra 10 bag slots, not even the character upon which the horse was purchased. The same is true for the other two horses and riding skills--I have received no bonus on any character.

And if it were true that the character that purchased the horse would receive the skill increase, it would be extremely frustrating, since all of your characters are locked out of purchasing a mount once its been purchased and unlocked in your Collections tab (to prevent you from wasting your hard-earned gold).
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not at all a personal slur on your honesty, just my natural caution about claims made on the forums. Without an explanation of why you believe a thing, I can't know how much weight to give that belief.
    I can tell you for sure that on my main, with every riding skill maxed out to 60, switching between mounts makes exactly zero difference to any of those stats. It's possible that a newly purchased 42K horse will give you a +10 boost to whatever stat it used to increase (although I really doubt it - that extra +10 was converted to a +10 to your riding skill when 1.6 came in, but I think that was a one-time thing), but when your riding skill is at max it makes absolutely no difference.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)