Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Palomino Horse gone for good?

IrishGirlGamer
IrishGirlGamer
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed with the implementation of 1.6 and Tamriel Unlimited, the Palomino horse has bee removed from the game store. It is also not available in the crown store. Is it gone for good or can I still buy it?

Thanks.
Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    oh interesting question. Did you check the stables? You can still buy horses.
    It would make sense that they removed it from the store, quite wxpensive for a mount look.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, there! The Palomino Horse is a mount that was available for a limited time. As of March 17, 2015, it is no longer available for purchase.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, there! The Palomino Horse is a mount that was available for a limited time. As of March 17, 2015, it is no longer available for purchase.

You are contradicting existing information, can you explain please? What you posted makes it sound like it will never be available again.
    Yes, the palomino horse will be available in the Crown Store for purchase.
    Edited by Paulington on April 4, 2015 11:20PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was just about to link this thread, though that response was from 2 months ago.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/149887/palomino-horses-in-crown-store
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    Paulington wrote: »

You are contradicting existing information, can you explain please? What you posted makes it sound like it will never be available again.

Well if it was available on the crown store until march 17, what's contradictory about that?
    Edited by Earthwardzilvox_ESO on April 5, 2015 12:08AM
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would've been nice to have some warning about it being limited. Unless I'm just daft?
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the post by AmeliaR back in February, which is why I was looking for the horse in the store. But, wow, it couldn't have been available for more than a few days or a couple of weeks at most, right? :(
    vrine wrote: »
    Would've been nice to have some warning about it being limited. Unless I'm just daft?

I didn't see any warning that it was only available for a limited time, either, so I must be daft, too ...

This feels like the appropriate time to ask: Are all the items in the Crown Store limited time only? And how can we tell when the time is about to run out?

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on April 5, 2015 12:29AM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MichelleA I didn't buy The Palomino horse SPECIFICALLY because @ZOS_AmeliaR said it was gong to be available for purchase in the Crown Store. If it wasn't going to be available I was ready to buy it... but I held off to pay with Crowns.

What gives?

Oh, and @IrishGirlGamer, I really don't think it was ever in the Crown Store.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 4, 2015 11:48PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭

Well it was available on the crown store until march 17, what's contradictory about that?

It was never available in the crown store.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it was available on the crown store until march 17, what's contradictory about that?

The crown store didn't exist until March 17th.

(Not counting the one on PTS, and it never had the Palomino.)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, if they remain steadfast on this it will be the RAREST mount in the game.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Earthwardzilvox_ESO

Ashigaru wrote: »

It was never available in the crown store.

Ah, well then yes, that's contradictory. I keep forgetting how recent the crown store is.
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually asking about how much it was going to be back on March 3rd... I would think the MOD team would have told us then that it wouldn't be available if they changed their plans.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154667/how-much-will-the-palomino-horse-be-in-the-crown-store
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Will it cost the same as the other horses or will it cost like 1,500 Crowns (Assuming 100C = $1)

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Par for the course tho eh? lol
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MichelleA I didn't buy The Palomino horse SPECIFICALLY because @ZOS_AmeliaR said it was gong to be available for purchase in the Crown Store. If it wasn't going to be available I was ready to buy it... but I held off to pay with Crowns.

What gives?

Okay, this is frustrating. If the dates are correct, then it never was in the Crown Store, which is exactly why I didn't pay real money for it.

C'mon, @ZOS_MichelleA : who is going to pay $15.00 cash for a horse after being told by representative of Zeni that the item would be available in the Crown Store?? I have 5200 crowns, an active subscription for more crowns (yes, I'm still paying $15 per month), and there's not a lot in the crown store I want to buy yet. But the Palomino horse would be one such item.

Please?
    Valar Morghulis.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What gives?

Okay, this is frustrating. If the dates are correct, then it never was in the Crown Store, which is exactly why I didn't pay real money for it.

C'mon, @ZOS_MichelleA : who is going to pay $15.00 cash for a horse after being told by representative of Zeni that the item would be available in the Crown Store?? I have 5200 crowns, an active subscription for more crowns (yes, I'm still paying $15 per month), and there's not a lot in the crown store I want to buy yet. But the Palomino horse would be one such item.

Please?

This is the same reason I didn't buy it. If I was told it was going away, I would have paid the $15 for the horse but I knew I'd have plenty of crowns to pay for it once the Crown Store was released. So I held off.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic ZOS.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to assume the lack of a follow-up to this is because they are discussing options.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to assume the lack of a follow-up to this is because they are discussing options.

Just to be safe, I just bought everything from the Crown Store that I wanted before ZOS decides to pull it without warning ...
    Valar Morghulis.

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did not want to annoy players who paid 15 dollars for the horse by putting it up for crowns but if they put it up for 1500 crowns it would be the same price and no issue
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Palomino horse was never available int he crown store - yet. Here are the mounts coming to the crown store according to the data-mining:

http://imgur.com/a/ePJZk

They wouldn't create the Crown Store imagery if they weren't going to sell it.
    Edited by Dominoid on April 5, 2015 4:53AM
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    The Palomino horse was never available int he crown store - yet. Here are the mounts coming to the crown store according to the data-mining:

Thank you!!!

I knew saw a picture of the Palomino horse in the Crown Store - I just couldn't find it! Which is why I didn't buy it in game store ....

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on April 5, 2015 5:49AM
    Valar Morghulis.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of those data-mined images are "subject to change without notice".
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Thinly veiled justification for bringing this thread back to the front page so the MOD team will see it and hopefully respond]

:wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Thank you!!!

I knew saw a picture of the Palomino horse in the Crown Store - I just couldn't find it! Which is why I didn't buy it in game store ....
    Natjur wrote: »
    They did not want to annoy players who paid 15 dollars for the horse by putting it up for crowns but if they put it up for 1500 crowns it would be the same price and no issue

Yes, this would take care of the problem nicely. Just put it in the crown store for 1500 crowns. Problem solved.
    Valar Morghulis.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actuality find it usual that it wasn't one of the first items in the store. and it's quasi whale bait! 15 bucks. Whew!
    Edited by Gidorick on April 6, 2015 8:04PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I didn't buy it pre-Crown store because I was waiting to buy it with Crowns. I figured it'd be one of the first horses in the Crown store since it was previously purchasable. It seems ridiculous to have made it "Limited Time Only" without warning.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Shinon
    Shinon
    ✭✭
    okay, seriously.. if palomino should somehow get in the crown store for less then 15 bucks, i want my money back. o.o
    Alpträume existieren außerhalb der Logik. Es bringt wenig sie erklären zu wollen. Sie sind die Antithese der Poesie der Angst. In Horrorgeschichten fragt das Opfer immer nach dem warum. Aber es gibt keine Erklärung und es sollte auch keine geben.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. If the Palomino was introduced to the Crown store, they would likely put it in for the same "price" as they had it pre-Crown store.
    2. Even if they didn't do that (which is reasonable), it wouldn't be that bad, the change in price would be minimal at best. (If 1500 Crowns = $15, then 800 Crowns = $8, 15-8=7...so you'd be out $7...) While any loss sucks, it's nothing compared to the huge sale they had when they first released the game on Steam shortly after release (plus offering a Steam-purchase-only bonus pet. Even then, we really had no reason to complain (other than feeling shafted), because it's no different than any other purchase. Sometimes you go to the store and buy a TV for what you consider a reasonable price, and then you find out a week later that they're selling it 50% off. Are you furious? Yeah. Can you go back and demand they give you back the difference? No. That's just commerce.

Edited to fix typo.
    Edited by Bookwyrm on April 6, 2015 8:43PM
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to be safe, I just bought everything from the Crown Store that I wanted before ZOS decides to pull it without warning ...

The alarm just went up at ZOS headquarters.

"Thar she blows!!"

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1