Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS, please reconsider how Dungeon Quests work

Katinas
Katinas
✭✭✭✭
Whenever I am in a dungeon group I always find it that people never have the time for fellow players if they want to read/listen to the dialog of the NPC quest giver. Some stages of the quests require your entire party to listen to an NPC but others are individual. I do enjoy this very much and I always listen to all the dialog but so often find it that other guys think I am "afking" or "wasting time" because they just want to skip through and "just get it done with".
ESO has done a wonderful thing giving dungeons fully voiced and interactive quests and we should appreciate it. Why not go one step further and make it that we cannot skip through the dialog (at least the parts that matter, that update the quest and tell you what needs to be done in order to complete the quest). Or make it so that the group leader clicks the appropriate dialog lines and the entire group listens to his dialog. If that cannot be technically implemented then I am a milkdrinking Nord, mad as a box of frogs.
What would it add to the game, the pros and cons.
Pros.: Pretty much read above. This system would allow people to experience the Elder Scrolls way of gaming, to appreciate what the game developers wanted us to experience.
Cons.: Some people would complain that they are wasting their time. Inded that would "force" you to spend 3-5 minutes more of your precious time inside a dungeon.
  • Hellorush
    Hellorush
    ✭✭
    Totally agree. That is frustrating that noone wants to explore the corners of the dungeon that are not on the main railroad path. And ofc they are hurrying for their bunch of new blue pixels for inventory screen. No time to read or listen for a quest. No idea whom we are helping or killing. Hell, we need a guild for a slow dungeon runs and kick people from it for finishing single dungeon in less then 40 min :).
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need...
    1 mercenaries
    2 guild mates that aren't arses.
    3 zos to remove storylines from group instances
    ...take your pick.

Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    You need...
    1 mercenaries [ZOS believes mercs aren't necessary in MMO...because MMO]
    2 guild mates that aren't arses [if you are into that and they areant asleep/busy/done it got t-shirt]
    3 zos to remove storylines from group instances [in which case it may as well be a trial run]
    ...take your pick.

Edited by Rune_Relic on April 4, 2015 10:18PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you, although I like to run dungeons smoothly and relatively quickly, I like to understand the story behind them, so I'm happy to wait for anyone wanting to read/listen to NPCs.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After everyone has done the run once, option to skip. First run for someone (or more than one someone), last individual should be finished with dialogue before the next trigger.

It's not that they don't know it's going to take a little longer - they see you have the quest, and there is little more irritating than trying to take in the dialogue only to be kicked out of it by combat.

Regarding exploration of the far corners, after you have cleared the bosses from the dungeon, all of the bosses from the dungeon, your group members should be clear to depart without you getting kicked from the instance - the main content is over, explore at your leisure.

Sometimes it's nice to take in the sights. If the group is really intent on that, it's their responsibility to let you know this run may not be for you.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate when you run a dungeon for the first time and people skip listening to the quest Grr! :(
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played since beta, and I STILL have absolutely no idea what the story is in the vast majority of dungeons, lol.

I personally make up my own story, wherein I am the mighty hero and every single enemy I come across is some version of unsavory character.

I'm probably not too far from the mark.