Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rare Recipes - Which are Badly Needed for the Writs. Which should be Posted in Guild Stores?

redwoodtreesprite2
I have two characters on each account that are my provisioners. Already seeing the incredible rarity of any recipes below the highest tier at guild stores.

So I have finally found a couple decent spots to farm low level recipes. My two provisoners learn them all as I get them. But after that, it would be good to know any that are really needed for the writs, so I don't vendor those. There are only 30 slots per guild store, and I want to use those slots efficiently.
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    So take writs and write down what it asks you to make each time. Do this on each alliance. Problem solved.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two characters on each account that are my provisioners. Already seeing the incredible rarity of any recipes below the highest tier at guild stores.

So I have finally found a couple decent spots to farm low level recipes. My two provisoners learn them all as I get them. But after that, it would be good to know any that are really needed for the writs, so I don't vendor those. There are only 30 slots per guild store, and I want to use those slots efficiently.

I use the Sous chef add-on, and it puts a checkmark beside a recipe if none of my characters know it, and a faded checkmark if one of my characters know it (it states in the tool tip what characters know said recipe). Super handy. Theoretically all green recipes CAN be used for writs, so learn any you don't know.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, any Green Recipes are used for Writs.

I use Sous Chef and Master Merchant for this. If two or more of my characters know the recipe, then I sell them if they sell for more than 100 gold. If my main two provisioners don't know the recipes, then they get learned.

With Blues and Purples, if my main provisioner knows it, and it sells for more than 500 gold, they get sold. Otherwise they are learned.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redwoodtreesprite2
    So basically, once everyone knows the recipe, just vendor trash it. (Not likely to get all characters a particular blue anyway.)
    Unless purple, which I don't bother learning as the mats are so ridiculously rare...
    Just post purple.
    Edited by redwoodtreesprite2 on March 30, 2015 11:39PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The writs at each level will ask for any and all of the green recipes in that level band. Eventually you will get a writ that requires one of the recipe you don't have unless you already know them all.

I guild sell every recipe I don't need, with the influx of B2P players and the Justice changes, even the Level 1 recipes can sell and you will always get more than 9g per.
  • RealRobD
    RealRobD
    ✭✭✭
    So basically, once everyone knows the recipe, just vendor trash it.

Or be a nice person and give it to someone who could use it.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RealRobD wrote: »

Every recipe I get that my main provisioner already knows goes in my guild's store for cheap. At least I'm assuming my prices are cheap (50 for a green, 75 for a blue, 100 for a purple regardless of level), as they always sell within 2 days.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any tier 1 green recipe that my provisioner knows goes into guild store for 50g. They sell in a day, sometimes as soon as I switch characters. 60 for tier 2, 100 for tier 3, because not a lot of people farm at those levels. Even so, I still think I'm at the cheaper end. Low tier blue for 200g.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Um; all level 1 recipes can be looted without repercussion from your starting zone house or ship; repeatedly: so you should never be without a start. for level 2 recipes you can add a point to your skill and do writs; remember, you do not need the recipe, just a hand made product and it will do... so if a guildie or a kind person will craft it for you, you can fulfill the writ...:)
  • redwoodtreesprite2
    Jofish wrote: »
    Um; all level 1 recipes can be looted without repercussion from your starting zone house or ship; repeatedly: so you should never be without a start. for level 2 recipes you can add a point to your skill and do writs; remember, you do not need the recipe, just a hand made product and it will do... so if a guildie or a kind person will craft it for you, you can fulfill the writ...:)

Actually, this is not the case in any but the Aldmeri zone. The houses in the other two were set for steal on the containers last I checked.

And many here seem to miss the point. I was not asking for my characters. I was asking about whether there were low level green recipes I should not vender. General response here seems to indicate there are not. They are so easy to get. So my thought then is, if they are so easy to get by those silly writ things, then I should just go ahead and vendor any that all my characters already know.

As for putting them in the shared guild vault, well usually those are not actually share. And I also don't want to get in trouble with the large trade guilds I have joined by putting low level green recipes in their vault.

Edited by redwoodtreesprite2 on April 3, 2015 7:57AM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I would certainly recommend at least putting them on a Guild Store for a small amount. You will certainly be able to sell some of them for more than the 9g you get from vendor. If you use Data Daedra or Market Master add-on, they will tell you which ones are selling for lots more, and which are common vendor trash.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jofish wrote: »
    Actually, this is not the case in any but the Aldmeri zone. The houses in the other two were set for steal on the containers last I checked.

Then you must have a bug because I checked on my characters and the Patheirry House in Daggerfall is definitely accessible and the furniture within is not part of the "Justice System"
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ellorienne
    So far for no skill points spent in provisioning, I have needed

carrot soup
    fishy sticks
    baked apples
    lemon flower mazte
    golden lager
    surilie syrah wine

I've done all of those twice now.

As far as rare recipes, I had to BUY the fishy stick recipe - for 500g no less (outrageous!). Grilled Hare was taking a while to drop, but I found one in guild bank, and Isinmate Infusion is still MIA. I don't know if any of the blue recipes are rare. This is on a character that I started after 2.02 patch.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I am willing to sell batches of 5 of the PITA foods like Lemonflower Mazte, Clarified Syrah Wine and Four Eye Grog because they pop up all the time for the Providioner 1 Writs and they are more rare than the blue recipes.

#Edit: I forgot to say that the only thing that prevents me from doing so is access to a guild with a kiosk.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on April 6, 2015 12:04AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    RealRobD wrote: »

Every recipe I get that my main provisioner already knows goes in my guild's store for cheap. At least I'm assuming my prices are cheap (50 for a green, 75 for a blue, 100 for a purple regardless of level), as they always sell within 2 days.

Just For your information, selling those recipes at that price makes no money for your guild. Anything priced under 100g collects no fee for the guild. It's just goes into Oblivion (the fee) as a gold Sink. I suggest everyone price their items at 1200 g and up. They will still sell. Or use Price Tracker to get the sale price.

Edited by SLy_Kyti on April 6, 2015 12:17AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-