The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcerers. It's time to gut them.

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone

Imagine playing WoW, that is not exactly THE skillful game. There - like in most MMOs, mages can bolt around.
    Meleers use gap closers and similar to get to them. But in WoW, mages can also cast real shields on them, can unstun (twice, if undead if I recall correctly) AND can root AND can slow down. At least this is how I played my mage in there.

If warriors etc. they still PvP in WoW with that much more CC given to mages, it's possible in ESO.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not only Sorcerers, it's still Dragonknights too. Their Green Dragon Blood is a better heal than the Templar heal (go figure).

Lol no you are crazy ... You might get a 8k heal if you are almost dead lol.... If you are in PvP dropping below 30% is suicide lol.... DKs dragon blood is extreamily overrated I hardly use it these days....dragon blood is inferior to Templar heals....

I can be at 30% health then Green dragon blood to 60% health for about 3800k magicka .... Then hit it again to 70% health then again to 80% health... That's 13k magicka which most of us no longer run ... A dragon knight that spams gdb is a dead one....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make one of the Bolt Escape morphs a targeted area spell called "Grounding Totem". It would have a 10m radius and an extremely obvious visual of a giant electrified totem. Any Sorc who Bolt escapes within its radius will have it completely short-circuit, draining all their Magicka. The fact that its a BE morph means a Sorc cannot have both Grounding Totem and Bolt Escape.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PvP nerf crys have really hurt this game, especially in PvE. A great game, how sad...
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    13.4k shards is a crit damage that requires the opponent to have zero resistance, zero defense, no block nothing. I am glass cannon PvE spec with gold min maxed gear and do about that damage against VR 10 soft NPCs in Reaper's March.

It can crit much higher than that. I regularly see Crystal Fragment crits for 18-20k in vDSA and when using Might of the Guild have even hit 25k Crystal Fragments crits also in vDSA. Even in Cyrodiil I often see 15-20k Crystal Fragment crits against enemy players. I have ~52% crit so these numbers come up more often than not too, I think my average Crystal Fragments damage is around 15k as my non-crit damage easily hits 11k.

I'd check your build if it is only critting for 13.4k.
    Edited by Paulington on April 1, 2015 4:23AM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    bg22 wrote: »
    Sorcs are out of control... The shields are insane. The magicka never ends somehow. I've fought several today where I dealt 0 dps the entire fight.

I also watched an entire zerg chase a sorc for over 5 minutes across the map never to drop him below 90% health.

Sorcs corny. No way around it.

If that is true, sounds like Sorcs need some balance changes.

Oh my, an entire zerg chasing one Sorcerer? Sounds anecdotal to the point of being a fairy tale to me.

You play a sorc... Of course everything that actually happens "sounds like a fairy tale to you".

You'll scream that you're balanced, just as the DK's did at launch.

But, you'll eventually get nerf, just as they did. So, enjoy it now. you'll eventually have to learn to play like every other class.

Actually, I play all four classes on 16 alts between NA and EU servers. I don't scream for balance or Nerfs for any of them! I'm not a whiny child! So Try to peg me again why don't you? I'm currently owning as a NB on both servers!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have a restriction placed on accounts that die in PvP, something to not allow them to post on the forums for the next 20 minutes or so to prevent deathrage threads.

I don't know if this was made because of that but it did remind me of the idea, so many hate posts could be prevented if people took some deep breaths and had some time to think instead of letting their anger out into ragethreads.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* Not another one of these...

I play nb and dk, but I defend sorcs in that since their class heals are quite poor, they deserve an OP shield, and their BE needs to be left alone. They're getting nerfed far too much as it is. Each class has their own op abilities; let sorcs have theirs.
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    my sorc does not have unlimited magika. I have only one shield that I use sparingly and bolt escape is a massive magika drain.

Save your anecdotes. Come back when you've experience the game.

I am guessing that you need to experience the game. I have played well over a year now and have killed and been killed by sorcs.

Also none of what I originally mentioned was in the least bit anecdotal it was in fact just the plain simple truth of the matter.

Actually what you said is the very definition of an anecdote. Look it up.
    Take your forum PVP to the PVP forum where it belongs.
  • Kruseid
    Kruseid
    I'd say sorc shields are -slightly- OP. That said, I personally had a majorly fun time against a sorc in a delve today.

It was their light armor sorc and their templar friend vs my nightblade tank and my templar healing ally.

My friend went down first, then theirs did.

After that, it was a long, but incredibly fun battle between my tank and their resources. We were so evenly matched, we eventually stopped attacking each other for awhile and laughed, bowed...and then his friend showed up and I went down.

I do think the shields are too much, but from a tank perspective, the concept works well. Since Light Armor is so much weaker than Heavy, they need SOME way to be somewhat tanky. It just needs some adjustment.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do think bolt escape needs to be completely remade. ive literally only fought 1 sorc who used it right to FIGHT me (not run away as soon as the odds seem less than sure). it also is annoying they can run over terain and u cant use any other non ult dash in the game to gap close that. the ability only adds frustration and rarely adds to the game imo. ill fight a dk over a sorc anyday. major defile a dk. u cant do alot to a sorc if he wants to run
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with shield problems sorta kinda but idk really. and bolt escape is fine. its your fault you go full potato and chase a sorc who only wants to escape.

That is a learn to play issue.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is not a problem. His skills are not a problem. Spell penetration is a problem. If my DK tank with over 30k spell resistance gets smacked for 19k from a shard - something is not right.

For bolt escape i have critical charge and Petrify. For shields - wrecking blow but something is not quite working with the spell penetration.
    Edited by WhiskyBob on April 1, 2015 7:04AM
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    i agree with shield problems sorta kinda but idk really. and bolt escape is fine. its your fault you go full potato and chase a sorc who only wants to escape.

That is a learn to play issue.

the spell is anti fun. someone doesnt get a kill they deserved, has a crap time cuz the sorc runs away. the person running away is also not having a fun time, as they just got whooped so they too are not happy. it is a toxic skill in my oppinion.

i think if you could get on a mount during combat it would probably be alot more balanced. alternatively. it could be targeted. say a 0-whatever its blink distance is metre skill. but u need a target. HOWEVER u always jump the same distance. eg if u are 28(?)metres away and aim at someone, u jump onto them. if they are ontop of u and you activate it, you still jump 28 metres. u could still kite, but u cant spam it without a target. there fixed your skill zos and it wasnt even hard;)
    Edited by Kronosphere on April 1, 2015 7:25AM
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

More accurately, two of their abilities.

1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
    2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.

ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

My 2 VR14 chars are sorcs - I don't use the spells you mentioned. I never used that shield (was not even slotted once), and I just tried Bolt Escape which I removed from the skill bar not long after.

I'm also not one of these sorcs which said they were nerfed in the last update (or before?). I still think it's good as it is or as it was, which means for me: even without these skills.

I'm playing all 4 classes, and I couldn't say one class would be stronger than the other; they are just different.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or nerf jesus beam from templars, cloak from NBs and scales from DKs while you're at it. Each classes has strengths and weaknesses, learn them and find a way to counter them. Clearly a L2P issue, the classes are more balanced than in 1.5 imo.

They did nerf DKs scales! Just saying.

Also the constant use of BE is extremely frustrating to counter even when you know what you are doing. Its not a L2P issue when you have no choice to use up your resources just to get to them to attempt a CC. Personally if I am fighting a Sorcerer that BE's more than 3 times in a row I leave em to it.

Shields are OP and any truthful Sorcerer will tell you that. Not that i'm expecting anybody whose main is a Sorcerer to reply here truthfully that they need to be nerfed. If a Sorcerer chooses to bug out of a fight they simply can. NBs can too with stealthing in combat.

Yup, Templars have their heals and Jesus Beams (which are OP btw) and DKs have GDB and Scales but that comes with no choice but to stay in the fight and no get out of Dodge moves.
    Edited by Laggus on April 1, 2015 7:38AM
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »
    Or nerf jesus beam from templars, cloak from NBs and scales from DKs while you're at it. Each classes has strengths and weaknesses, learn them and find a way to counter them. Clearly a L2P issue, the classes are more balanced than in 1.5 imo.

They did nerf DKs scales! Just saying.

They nerfed Bolt Escape too - just sayin'
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot be bothered to refute the 25K myth with details, except to say it's a myth...
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on April 1, 2015 8:03AM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever thinks sorcs aren't op are sorcs who think they'r e skilled.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where does that put dragonknights then?
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

whoever thinks specs are op are players who have never played a sorc.
    Edited by Iago on April 1, 2015 8:09AM
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop whining please...
    Edited by Malmai on April 1, 2015 8:09AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see postings of the "nerf sorcerors" flavor and I see postings of the "oh, noes, sorcerors are the worst now" flavor. The balance of the two tells me the sorcerors are doing fine... which is also what I experience playing my sorcs. Some advantages, some disadvantages... generally doing better then my nightblades, worse then my templars... -shrugs- I have fun with all of them.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my sorc does not have unlimited magika. I have only one shield that I use sparingly and bolt escape is a massive magika drain.

then you should switch builds if you want to abuse, uhm play, your char to the fullest
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    The only solutions are:
    - Getting rid of all classes in the game and make every skill available for every character.
    - Make the skills work differently in PVP

I think only the first one will stop all the whining.
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    leave all classes alone , k thx
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Nysticc
    Nysticc
    ✭✭✭
    Its as simple as this, Harness Magicka... as long as the is magicka user the sorc will have a constant supply of magicka.
    If the devs put a cap on harness look at the difference it will make.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    PvP sorcs are op, however dks are more op

LOL!
    ...but only in huge groups maybe :wink:

DKs suck, weakest PvP class since update 6
    My NB is farming AP on DKs :tongue:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Faharrah
    Faharrah
    Soul Shriven
    "Nerf rogues!"..."No, nerf warlocks!" Sorry, for a minute I thought I was back in WoW...
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nysticc wrote: »
    Its as simple as this, Harness Magicka... as long as the is magicka user the sorc will have a constant supply of magicka.
    If the devs put a cap on harness look at the difference it will make.

Yeah, 6 months spent at removing all caps from the game and the best new idea now is to introduce a cap!
This discussion has been closed.