Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When you started your way along the path of The Elder Scrolls?

Betahkiin
Betahkiin
✭✭✭✭
Feel free to comment.
Edited by Betahkiin on April 1, 2015 1:18AM

When you started your way along the path of The Elder Scrolls? 528 votes

Arena
9%
driosketchBenefactorJofishebo_bootsniffer_ESOizenkim_ESObosmern_ESOMongooseOneDiviniusJandoEsha76LionxoftOsteosMalnutritionDrasnzdkazzKendaricJD2013AllPlayAndNoWorkLava_CroftKnootewoot 48 votes
Daggerfall
9%
ZOS_AlanGMoiskormoimifosley_ESOben_ESO5GidorickObscurelordxyrax_ESONixesflamecloudskeletorz_ESOHippieTheGreatDogFaceInBananaPatchHolycannoliShadesofkinBeowulf_McCallumulkbar1b14_ESOBirdovicSantieClawsfromtesonlineb16_ESORainfeatherUK 52 votes
Morrowind
41%
cozmon3c_ESOKaynlorArgoniawindbillp_ESOTabbycatSigilspearmanyrabidratsElloaEQBallzzakredon_ESODaenerysCeltic_Wolfdeoch_laidir_ESOIagoTD5160_ESOKikazaruGilvothThymosSpidermonkWolfaen 220 votes
Oblivion
21%
Kalfisdaisy.spit_ESOZazaajiGrunimWintersagecoldreactive_ESOFat_Cat45c.p.garrett1993_ESOKoopak9mouseIlawyndeGalenSweetroll-BanditSythiasDobbaDeucePKMN12blairwolf_2000b14_ESOParadoxPsychobunniSpectre45 113 votes
Skyrim
14%
A247thesilverball_ESOSorianadeathmasterl_ESObigscoothb14_ESOEivarDirtySmeegs33Kevinmonssewallb14_ESODrOrpheusKilaraErdbeermuffinNeizirBloodzeusCoatmagicadamgoonb16_ESOSigunodijksmanmickeyb16_ESOzibanituThatRedguardGuy 75 votes
The Elder Scrolls Online
3%
joshisanonymousAlphashadoGrileenorItsGlaiveGoresnortGregCheloKildayenLivvyJaxsunDazin93bellanca6561nAllyhoo811CadenceRowanmoesmakerRomoItoqStorm1732LEGENDARYYYP3ZZL3 20 votes
The Elder Scrolls Online ¨Tamriel Unlimited¨
0%
  • Jroc
    Jroc
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    Started with the best of the series.
    It's all good Bollywood
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    as they say the 3rd times the charm that's why Morrownd is still the best.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind was the first game I got for the original xbox when it first got released and the rest is hissssssstory :)
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    I started with Skyrim.

Then, eventually felt curiosity and I got Morrowind and Oblivion, but after having played Skyrim turned me to continue these was difficult because the difference in gameplay and graphics is great.

I always wanted to explore the history of those games, but the contrast between gameplay and graphics took me to leave.

For Oblivion the difference is not as noticeable as with Morrowind.

The other key factor was that the only game with full translation into Spanish was Skyrim, which allowed me to link affinity generally much faster than the others.
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    I think for the moment I am the only Dragonborn here :#
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Betahkiin wrote: »
    Drem yol lok Dovahkiin :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I still go back to playing Morrowind on occasion. The story comes out of the world and even with out of date graphics, the world and story is lovely and immersive.

One of the things that annoys me most about ESO is how .... inadequately and inaccurately they 'translated' so very much of Morrowind.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    I backtracked to Morrowind though, and really didn't like Skyrim that much. (yeah, I said it. lol)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Hayuru
    Hayuru
    ✭✭
    Morrowind
    I can't believe at one point of my life I played Morrowing on Xbox!
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    Drem yol lok Dovahkiin :)

Morokei Stabbykitteh, Zeymah Dovah.

Zu´u Betahkiin, Ek Banaar Aar...

• cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    I started with Oblivion. I think its still my favourite in the series. :)
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I still go back to playing Morrowind on occasion. The story comes out of the world and even with out of date graphics, the world and story is lovely and immersive.

One of the things that annoys me most about ESO is how .... inadequately and inaccurately they 'translated' so very much of Morrowind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAV1F7DAlnU&index=12&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzB-qocScD0wPA5twwi1IM5p

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daggerfall
    Daggerfall. Brilliant game and I still find it the best of the series. There's just something about it.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    well, oblivion but that was a coincidence
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morrowind
    Good idea for a poll, not many have voted yet but i have a feeling these results will pan out pretty much as they are now. No can deny that the player base is fans of this series!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oblivion
    Jroc wrote: »
    Started with the best of the series.

I was so bored of the dungeons looking the same
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    I backtracked to Morrowind though, and really didn't like Skyrim that much. (yeah, I said it. lol)

I have to admit that at least in the case of Oblivion (the more I played, after Skyrim) I was surprised how complete is the UI, the mechanics of the game is more complex in some aspects and I like a lot, but the different language, mobility and how to handle the character, and more outdated look compared to Skyrim not convince me to change the game, so continue with Skyrim.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall
    Why aren't Battlespire and Redguard options?
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Good idea for a poll, not many have voted yet but i have a feeling these results will pan out pretty much as they are now. No can deny that the player base is fans of this series!

For now, we can say that without the Elder Scrolls series, if TESO had been the initiative of a new franchise he had stayed without public! :p
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morrowind
    I got Morrowind as a freebie with a video card. It sat unused for at least a year or more, then I decided to check it out. As they say, the rest is history. I hate to think how many thousands of hours I've spent on Morrowind and successors. But I blame my divorce on Diablo 1 & 2. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    Carnagan wrote: »
    Why aren't Battlespire and Redguard options?

The Elder Scrolls Legends: Battlespire
    The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
    The Elder Scrolls Travels: Dawnstar
    The Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold
    The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Mobile

The Poll only have 10 slots. I put the most relevant! :)
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I got Morrowind as a freebie with a video card. It sat unused for at least a year or more, then I decided to check it out. As they say, the rest is history. I hate to think how many thousands of hours I've spent on Morrowind and successors. But I blame my divorce on Diablo 1 & 2. >:)

Quiet, with the disaster of D3 there are no excuses for not marrying again!
  • Mordack
    Mordack
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind, though I played Daggerfall soon after and got really pulled into the series with that game.
    What do you call a Wood Elf who doesn't lie or cheat or steal?
    A dead Wood Elf.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morokei Stabbykitteh, Zeymah Dovah.

Zu´u Betahkiin, Ek Banaar Aar...

Drem ahrk lingrah laas, Zeymah :D
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I will never forget finally looting the Imperial vault in Morrowind. So much loot!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind

I started in Morrowind, went on to Oblivion and spent way too much time as Dragonborn. I finished Morrowind through the main quest twice and through Mournhold once. I finished the main quest in Oblivion twice but never finished Shivering Isles. In Skyrim I finished the main and all expansions4 or 5 times but I never even started the Civil War; I just didn't care for that story line.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    The only game I would ever rate 10/10.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I will never forget finally looting the Imperial vault in Morrowind. So much loot!

i think you are mistaken, (in vivec city) there was an hlaalu vault, a telvanni (upper storage) vault, and a redoran vault, that could all be broken into and stolen and robbed.
    the only imperial area or noteworthy place that comes to mind was the imperial library, and yes there were some very expensive old books in there but that was not a vault.
    altho i could be wrong, and if i am, please show me my error.
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall
    Absolutely amazing and years ahead of its time when it was released. Even today I still consider Daggerfall truly inspiring, and if we could have an updated version with "modern" graphics...

Daggerfall (and most of the "chapters" that followed) contains everything that is, sadly, missing from ESO, even if a "single player RPG". If only it could have been transformed into a MMO, if only...
    Edited by Ninnghizhidda on April 1, 2015 4:58AM