The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcerers. It's time to gut them.

• Eekshnerf
    Eekshnerf
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Oh, so this is nerf please, because I got killed in pvp.

^^Agree. So many problems would be solved if ZOS just gut PVP all together ;)

Or you know, have skills work one way in pvp, and one way in pve...

This does exist on at least a minor scale. Ambush stuns NPCs and only immobilizes players.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell Him he's dreaming.
    You better roll a Sorc and find out exactly how it is.
  • Triddle
    Triddle
    ✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

"my sorc does not have unlimited
    magika. I have only one shield that I use
    sparingly and bolt escape is a massive magika
    drain."

A short narrative about the topic of interest.

This is in fact not an anecdote. an anecdote is defined as. : a usually short narrative of an interesting,
    amusing, or biographical incident.
    So again not an anecdote at all.

A contradiction.

When you're presenting arguments and you start pointing at particular cases (such as your personal experience) for evidence, its anecdotal.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triddle wrote: »
    Also none of what I originally mentioned was in the least bit anecdotal it was in fact just the plain simple truth of the matter.

What you said was 100% anecdotal. I agree with you on the issue, but to claim that your post was not 'in the least bit anecdotal' when the post was literally just an anecdote is a little absurd.

What I said was

drain."

This is in fact not an anecdote. an anecdote is defined as. : a usually short narrative of an interesting,

Lago is correct. His statements of facts regarding his sorcerer are just that. Facts!
    last night i cornered a sorcerer and worked on him trying to damage him even half and all he did was heal himself and spam his shields untill i had zero stamina left and then he killed me. thats not skill when you take a skill that is unbalanced and use it to win 100% of all fights thats just abuse of game mechanics.

The above tale is an Anecdote! So, in retrospect, if you can't l2p, at least learn to use the language in which you are typing.

Edited by SteveCampsOut on March 31, 2015 11:13PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Building a Sorcerer through L1-L50 is horrible. I've built many characters in this game, the most frustrating is the Sorcerer, the second most annoying was the NB and the Templar was by far the easiest. Here you are complaining about the Sorcerers highest levelled skills, the ones it takes the longest to reach when you get to faceroll through PvE proclaiming "it's easy" with a DK?

Moderator note: Post edited per our rules on baiting.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on April 1, 2015 12:02AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about pvp that much, but I will say this.

If I was fighting someone in pvp, and felt it was a good fight, close, or looked at myself and learned what I could have done better. That to me would be a enjoyable fight.

If I face a class, that it becomes one sided, that I feel like I am getting no where, when I am using all my skills, and when I am rewarded for playing well, for that person able to escape. Balance or not, that sounds like the worse.

I stay away from ESO pvp, because if they can't fix normal skills outside of pvp, how can I trust them to have a fun and fair pvp system?

Sounds like I am right on this, as I watch some twitch players do some high rank pvp.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monumental movement of vocal sorcerers screaming in defense of their blatantly overpowered class is only trumped by ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them.

More accurately, two of their abilities.

1. Shield spam. Unlimited magicka = unlimited shields = unlimited health.
    2. Bolt escape. Yeah...bolt escape.

I have no issue with their burst potential, as I feel they should be capable of such.

ZOS. Play your game. Purge your inept staff. Balance this fiasco.

ZOS's vast gullibility in believing them. ??????????

Get your head out from the sand you've had it in since you started playing the game and take a look at the long procession of nerfs ZOS has hit the Sorc. with relative to other classes from the end of 1.5 onwards.

Better yet - play one, you'll find it takes real skill to do well in PvP, and being strong there as a Sorc. is not as easy as spamming 'flappy flappy' by a long shot...

Then let this thread lapse and try not to blush too hard if you are forced to read it again...
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on March 31, 2015 11:25PM
  • atrioxcub18_ESO
    atrioxcub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have nothing of useful benefit to add to this thread, my message fits right in here perfectly.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

drain."

A contradiction.

When you're presenting arguments and you start pointing at particular cases (such as your personal experience) for evidence, its anecdotal.

it was not a short narrative, rather it was a list of facts. a narrative is a story a story has a beginning a middle and an end. It also has a plot and characters. since my briefed list of facts had none of these things there was no narrative. If the was no narrative there was no anecdote.

Please if you are going to argue definitions please make sure you are using a dictionary so you can be certain that you are correct. Also I wonder why you had no valid arguments against my counterargument to your post? could it be you have no evidance to support your nerf thread?

That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are out of control... The shields are insane. The magicka never ends somehow. I've fought several today where I dealt 0 dps the entire fight.

I also watched an entire zerg chase a sorc for over 5 minutes across the map never to drop him below 90% health.

Sorcs corny. No way around it.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not constantly. A lot maybe but not constantly you will run out eventually. And if you are bolting "constantly" then you didn't build to do damage at all and thus you will hit like wet paper (except your overloads of course but that skill is strong no matter what).

The OP is obviously overreacting, but it does seem like it's much easier to get to a point where you can BE pretty much indefinitely again, just like at launch. I imagine it has a lot to do with the removal of caps. And if someone builds to do this, they're inherently building for damage, too, considering that your damage stat can be magicka. Whether it matters is of course questionable, especially when the game is now set up so that you can build to almost indefinitely do many defensive things, like block, dodge, cloak, scales, etc.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    Sorcs are out of control... The shields are insane. The magicka never ends somehow. I've fought several today where I dealt 0 dps the entire fight.

I also watched an entire zerg chase a sorc for over 5 minutes across the map never to drop him below 90% health.

If that is true, sounds like Sorcs need some balance changes.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my, an entire zerg chasing one Sorcerer? Sounds anecdotal to the point of being a fairy tale to me.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol sorcs are weakest class in game

Are crazy? Sorcs are very strong in PvP.

Anyways. I don't care about shield stacking, it just takes practice and timing to counter it. What I don't like is more and more sorcs are starting to use a known exploit because they are realizing ZoS doesn't punish cheaters.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is pretty OP in PVP, 13k odd crystal shards and bolt escaping like no tomorrow.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what is the real issue here: the high magicka pool of that sorcerer or the low IQ pool of the raid that would waste 5 minutes chasing a single enemy player?
  • SapphireThunder
    For me sorcerer in this game feel way under-powered and limited. There is only couple of skills that actually are useful.
    Leaving the build variety low and boring to play.

Now, it may be different in PVP where you rather need a proper strategy. But PVE? Way too linear.

Best thing to do, would be to give more Hotkey slots. 1-8 instead of 1-5.
    Have 9 and 0 be slots for secondary potions. Q for main potion for quick usage.
    Edited by SapphireThunder on April 1, 2015 12:29AM
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭

and noone thought to drop combat, mount up, get ahead and CC the sorc? In all of 5 minutes?
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Anyways. I don't care about shield stacking, it just takes practice and timing to counter it. What I don't like is more and more sorcs are starting to use a known exploit because they are realizing ZoS doesn't punish cheaters.

This ^
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »

So what is the real issue here: the high magicka pool of that sorcerer or the low IQ pool of the raid that would waste 5 minutes chasing a single enemy player?

EP is almost 10k points ahead of DC, and 25k points ahead of AD baddies... With less than 24 hours left in the campaign, we can chase our tails around Cyrodiil and still win if we feel like it.

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HarryWolfe wrote: »

and noone thought to drop combat, mount up, get ahead and CC the sorc? In all of 5 minutes?

He was caught, and CC'd 7-8 times during this goof fest. That's what was ridiculous about it.
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO

drain."

A contradiction.

it was not a short narrative, rather it was a list of facts. a narrative is a story a story has a beginning a middle and an end. It also has a plot and characters. since my briefed list of facts had none of these things there was no narrative. If the was no narrative there was no anecdote.

Please if you are going to argue definitions please make sure you are using a dictionary so you can be certain that you are correct. Also I wonder why you had no valid arguments against my counterargument to your post? could it be you have no evidance to support your nerf thread?

Ummm no,

The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes. In cases where small numbers of anecdotes are presented, there is a larger chance that they may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases. Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a generalized claim.

What was said was exactly this, evidence from someone's personal experience. Which is exactly what anecdotal evidence implies.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my, an entire zerg chasing one Sorcerer? Sounds anecdotal to the point of being a fairy tale to me.

You play a sorc... Of course everything that actually happens "sounds like a fairy tale to you".

You'll scream that you're balanced, just as the DK's did at launch.

But, you'll eventually get nerf, just as they did. So, enjoy it now. you'll eventually have to learn to play like every other class.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I created my sorcerer on the day that the game was released, and at some point she became terrible and I gave up on her for a while, but to be honest, since the update sorcerers have improved greatly and are now lots of fun to play again :) They do lots of damage and have good survivability. I am personally very happy with how sorcerer is right now, and my magic very rarely runs out! My boyfriend plays as a magic nightblade, and I think that they have it MUCH harder than sorcerers do at the moment... I am so thankful that they made some improvements to sorcerer in this update! I now get to play with my gorgie sorcy again! :D<3
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of sorcs are.....
    But there is a rediculous sorc spec where you cant hurt them. I am a high dps Nb and i cant even get threw their shields, but the fustrating part is they seem to have very high dps aswell and kill me very fast.

Just seems like a sorc shouldnt be able to have access to super tank damage shields and high DPS at the same time. And then on top of that Bolt escape that stuns you. And they never run out of magika.

Its just fustrating when your class cant compete against them and you even watch them take on 3 ppl at once and win.

Its NOT a LTP issue, i do very well against any other enemy class even DKs.
    Again its not most sorcs. But juts this one rediculous superman sorc spec that you will come across every night.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow another nerf sorc thread because some nub cannot figure out how to kill a sorc, let me help you since what your really asking for is not a nerf but help in killing sorcerers.

-Attack there stamina, they have minimal if they are magicka specced. cc them whenever the swirly stuff is off of there feet. they can cc break only twice or roll dodge only twice.
    -burst there bubble, a big burst will leave the the sorc unshielded and easily finishable.
    -outlast there damage, stack shields yourself, magicka harness, healing ward for magicka build, or roll dodge for stam (negating 90% of incoming sorc damage as only curse and detonation are the only thing a sorc can use to bypass dodge roll atm.)

any combination of these moves will kill a sorc, if he runs, dont waste your stamina sprinting after him because thats what he wants, to make you low on stats to own you.

the people who do kill sorcs, (as i do die all the time as a sorc) use a combination of any of these tactics, this is an obvious l2p issue and again another person starting a thread with the wrong title.

this person understands how easy it is to honestly kill a sorc if you put any thought into it.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is fine . ZOS did a great job making them perfect
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

This ^

I only see three sorcs using anything that could be considered an exploit. in fact I think it is because of those three that people think sorcs are OP. Sadly that's not the case. Are we good finally sure. takes a lot of skill to run a sorc decently. Yet these three that found a way to get 0 damage done to them are now giving the class a worse name then we had before. the sad truth is that two of the three have been doing it since April LAST YEAR. Look it up on the forums.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

Report and ban the chaters, why a thousands of guys playing a class have to get it nerfed because 3 guys exploit the game?

Folkb wrote: »
    Sorc is pretty OP in PVP, 13k odd crystal shards and bolt escaping like no tomorrow.

13.4k shards is a crit damage that requires the opponent to have zero resistance, zero defense, no block nothing. I am glass cannon PvE spec with gold min maxed gear and do about that damage against VR 10 soft NPCs in Reaper's March.

Also, excluding the cheaters, the shield I know provides 10k health. Considering an high damage sorc has to have 18-19k health with foods (can go higher but then the crits won't be spectacular, less mana leads to large DPS drop) we are talking about a 30k healh character with few k armor. VR 10 NPCs have 27k... If not for blinking (a spell basically every MMO assigns to mages) you'd 3 shot a sorc exactly like you 3 shot a CPs farm NPC in Reaper's March.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to learn How does one counter bolt escape ? because i have Stunned folks. they break it and then spam the utter *** out of bolt escape and i have no way of stopping them or catching them. The skill has the most mobility in the game and There's no way to stop someone when they are gone
This discussion has been closed.