Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS - Please Fix the Stygian Set for Magicka Melee DPS

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
And also make a V14 version...

Why on earth does the Stygian set give maximum stamina? The set should remove the current 3 piece bonus of Max Stamina. The set should do the following:

(2 items) Adds Spell Damage
(3 items) - Take your pick of (Max Magicka, Magicka Regen, Spell Critical, or even additional spell damage)
(4 items) Adds Max Magicka
(5 items) Stygian: While Sneaking or invisible, spells do an additional 20% damage.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

Why on earth does the Stygian set give maximum stamina? The set should remove the current 3 piece bonus of Max Stamina. The set should do the following:

(3 items) - Take your pick of (Max Magicka, Magicka Regen, Spell Critical, or even additional spell damage)
    (5 items) Stygian: While Sneaking or invisible, spells do an additional 20% damage.

Almost forgot... AND MAKE IT A LIGHT ARMOR SET!
    Edited by akray21 on March 31, 2015 7:13PM
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love rolling 2x daggers instead of destr for the extra spell damage
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question about the set: is sneaking only considered stealthed or could you be crouched, still discovered and still get the bonus?
  • frould
    frould
    ✭✭✭
    the set is weird.
    stamina set then buff spell damage?
    whie sneaking then also buff spell damage?

Why on earth does the Stygian set exist lol.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    I love rolling 2x daggers instead of destr for the extra spell damage

I do this too, but I would rather be rolling a 5 piece set of light Stygian with the 3 piece bonuses fixed. It would be more beneficial than my current 5 piece Magnus’ Gift...
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set was intended for hybrids. HYbrids don't exist anymore.... sooooo yeah.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

And on a Hybrid Dual Wield Nightblade who could use Shadow Cloak to activate the 5 piece bonus, it was stellar.

Now it just sits on my stash alt.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Says who?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frould wrote: »
    the set is weird.

Because it existed prior to 1.6 when it was just about the best set for a NB

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    frould wrote: »
    the set is weird.

Because it existed prior to 1.6 when it was just about the best set for a NB

With the removal of soft caps also came the removal of hybrids. There is not a single set for Magicka Melee users
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DING! DING! DING!

This is the answer. There are so many sets that mix stamina and magicka attributes. Almost all of these are useless now.

Thanks to the health attribute nerf and enchantement nerf, Hybrid builds are dead. You simply cannot get enough resources to get decent damage out of two resource pools. You have to stack one to be competitive.

I used to run 2H sorc with light armor and rely on two weapon damage enchants for weapon damage but NOPE! enchants are nerfed and a weapon damage enchant gives HALF or less of what a set bonus would give you.

Where it really hurts is the crafted sets. So many crafting sets are useless now. Here are a few examples.
    • Torug's Pact Why would you want spell and weapon damage anymore?
    • Night Mother This one is a double nerf. Not only are crit set's useless now but trying to stack weapon crit AND spell crit is ludicrous.

Crafted sets should let you pick the 2,3, and 4 piece bonuses. What makes a set unique is the 5 piece anyway. That way crafting would actually be useful.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DING! DING! DING!

This is the answer. There are so many sets that mix stamina and magicka attributes. Almost all of these are useless now.

Thanks to the health attribute nerf and enchantement nerf, Hybrid builds are dead. You simply cannot get enough resources to get decent damage out of two resource pools. You have to stack one to be competitive.

I used to run 2H sorc with light armor and rely on two weapon damage enchants for weapon damage but NOPE! enchants are nerfed and a weapon damage enchant gives HALF or less of what a set bonus would give you.

Where it really hurts is the crafted sets. So many crafting sets are useless now. Here are a few examples.
    • Torug's Pact Why would you want spell and weapon damage anymore?
    • Night Mother This one is a double nerf. Not only are crit set's useless now but trying to stack weapon crit AND spell crit is ludicrous.

Crafted sets should let you pick the 2,3, and 4 piece bonuses. What makes a set unique is the 5 piece anyway. That way crafting would actually be useful.

My buddy has been complaining about crafting being useless as well. That would be interesting to allow crafters to set the bonuses, with some restraints (like you can't just do spell damage fro 2, 3, and 4).
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost forgot... AND MAKE IT A LIGHT ARMOR SET!

NO