The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch failed → Relaunched as Administrator → Patch failed → Repaired → Game deleated itshelf

Lightbird
Lightbird
Soul Shriven
So here is what happened:

I've patched my Game whith an 2,4 MB Patch which failed to unzip. Than i relaunched the game as Administrator to try again, this time whith an 54 MB Patch, which also failed to unzip. I was thining: Ok, than let it repair again.

After it finished i had an installation button right in front of me and the Elder Scrolls Online EU folder was empty.

Luckly this time i had a Backup, but now i get the Error 210 after restoring. This is the 3rd time this happened (Beta, Patch 3 [Unable to play from there till Patch 5, because it deleated itshelf after closing and now it happened again...).

Am i the only one who has this Problem?

Greedings

Lightbird
  • Lightbird
    Lightbird
    Soul Shriven
    lunareast wrote: »
    you're not the only one my friend.

look at my posts in the other threads.

uploaded scrrenshots too..

Did the game also deleated itshelf?

EDIT: Aw well nevermind, it's not only me -.-
    Edited by Lightbird on March 31, 2015 1:07PM
  • lunareast
    lunareast
    Lightbird wrote: »

YUP.. deelted all 80GB of itself... now it's downloading ALL OVEr AGAIN across the REALLY MORBIDLY SLOW servers of ZOS at 100kb/s......
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me today too.. Though it did not delete itself..

What i did was..

I browsed to [Drive letter]:[Optional path]\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client

Then located ESO aplication executable there and launched the game from that. Works!

It seems that though launcher wanted to downloiad a patch, there is not really any patch to download.. At least game seems to work just fine when launched without launcher..
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightbird wrote: »

YUP.. deelted all 80GB of itself... now it's downloading ALL OVEr AGAIN across the REALLY MORBIDLY SLOW servers of ZOS at 100kb/s......

This, to me, indicates another issue. ZOS does not run the "REALLY MORBIDLY SLOW servers" that you are complaining about. These files come from big cloud services companies like Akamai and they don't run morbidly slow servers. If you are getting anything less than 1MB/s downloading patch files, you need to take action to see if you can correct it. PAUSE the download, let it sit for a minute or so, then RESUME and watch it for a minute. Repeat to see if you can get something over 1MB/s.

I want to be very clear. Your slow download speeds have nothing to do with the server and everything to do with what is between you and the server. Some of this you have little to no control over, other parts you can poke with a stick. Pausing and resuming is poking with a stick. If that does not work for you, then there are other issues.

I can always get better than 1MB/s and frequently much faster.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lightbird
    Lightbird
    Soul Shriven
    in fact: ESO is a great game, but a great game isn't great, if the launcher makes us unable to play :(.

Please fix your Launcher.

started now the older version using my backup files.
    Edited by Lightbird on March 31, 2015 2:54PM
  • quanta84
    quanta84
    Soul Shriven
    It is good to know that I'm not the only one who managed to delete the whole game by following the KB article :smile:. I had no backup. I won't make that mistake again :smile:.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi, all. We are closing this thread because there is already a thread about this issue.
    Keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to that thread to continue your discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.