Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Future for crafting

timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
I hope that the crafting will eventually be much more useful than it is now . As I see it , having maxed all crafting forms through many mounths and now look what I can get out of it compared to group endgame contents and finished designed crafting sets. Then I feel that I have wasted my time.
FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
- Be Anyone.
- Do Anything.
- Go Anywhere.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm you can make a ton of money selling crafted gear, and you can also have complete versatility in terms of having everything you need at dirt cheap prices...I craft all my gear and then make between 10-50k a day making gear for other people. Last day I had an order for 7 pieces of set gear purple quality with the dwemer motif on all of it...that order cost them 46.5k......
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now look what I can get out of it compared to group endgame contents

Have you actually chased down complete dropped sets from group content? That's the real trick.

Edited by Nestor on March 30, 2015 3:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the real boost would be when crafting jewelry is introduced.

It would certainly give more flexibility to creating sets.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    Nestor wrote: »
    [quote="timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO;161764"now look what I can get out of it compared to group endgame contents

Have you actually chased down complete dropped sets from group content? That's the real trick.

[/quote]

No i dont think anyone has, It's from what I can see we can get ;)
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
    Umm you can make a ton of money selling crafted gear, and you can also have complete versatility in terms of having everything you need at dirt cheap prices...I craft all my gear and then make between 10-50k a day making gear for other people. Last day I had an order for 7 pieces of set gear purple quality with the dwemer motif on all of it...that order cost them 46.5k......

Its not for the money as first ;) Its for the abilitie to create something unik, and that cant be done :(
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uniques don't work in MMO's.

I agree that crafting should be able to make things that are on par, but do not have to be the same as, anything that gets dropped in the game. So, some dropped sets will suit some playstyles, where as crafted sets will suit others.

However, with the inability to easily complete a dropped set in this game, especially with BoP, crafting is still the most convenient way to make viable gear. You don't need the best gear in the game to be successful, you just need gear that supports your playstyle.
    Edited by Nestor on March 30, 2015 3:41PM

• duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Being able to craft jewelry would be a very good thing for improving the usability of crafted sets, right now you absolutely have to have at least one dropped set for any sort of competitive (not viable, doing ok, sort of) build.

What this one doesn't get though, why ZOS has not upgraded / varied the crafting stations in each Cadwell Silver / Gold area to provide something different from the base version?

Without even having to place more (hidden) locations on the map, they could tripple the amount of crafted sets or make some dropped sets craftable, after all someone had to craft these, sometime, somehow, right?
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    Endgame armor looks horrible imo anyways. I've also lvled the crafting profession's to 50 and I can only say total and complete disappointment in the "chin to toes" approach the Art department decided to take on female armor. Nothing Feminine, nothing sexy, nothing worth wearing. Might as well add "not worth wearing from a stat perspective" to the list.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a pretty good crafter(have only 2 more nirns to research on my BS and clothier), but it's never about how much money I can make; It's about what I can help people do... I already have too much "money"... what are you doing with yours?
    Edited by Jofish on April 1, 2015 7:29AM
    Money = respeceing and material for crafting. And again no money been like that, since the game came out :)
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Equipment crafting is not exactly a failure in this game, but it leaves a lot to be desired. This is my first MMO, I had to be 'sold' to convince me to buy it, and one of the lynchpins that convinced me were the pre-release hype about how valuable crafting would be and that crafted item would be as good or better than those found in game. Of course we know now that was a huge exaggeration if not an out-right lie. Rarely do you see someone suggesting 8 or 9 trait equipment in successful builds. Essentially, equipment crafting loses value beyond 6 traits. And end game gear exceeds crafted gear. It is true that the consumable crafts add a lot of value to the game, so half of ZO$ stated intentions is true.

Aside from meeting only half of what was promised (for want of a better word), crafting is very limited. We can only make things, never modify them. The latter would be really helpful. For example, when I reached VR12, then the highest level in game, I crafted legendary equipment. It became out-dated when VR14 was created, and there was no way to upgrade it, and most of the very valuable legendary mats were wasted.

I think ZO$ has a serious communication issue between the development team and the PR team. Or maybe it's just that the PR team thinks it has to oversell game features. In any case, it would be nice for the players if someone connected ZO$ mouth to it's brain so they stop disappointing us.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could go a long way to sorting the equipment imbalance by buffing the 8 and 9 Trait sets. We don't need to be able to offer the same sets, as most dropped sets from Trials and PvP suffer from not being able to complete the sets, or getting pieces with the Traits you want. So, Dropped sets are not better than crafted just because they exist in the game, only if they exist on the player. But we should be able to make sets that are on par with, but different than what is offered for Dropped. It still maybe that someone will want the dropped over the crafted for their build/playstyle, but that is their choice.

I am of two minds on being able to increase the level of gear without remaking it, while I would like it, it would be a big hit to the economy regarding Tempers. This could be resolved by giving us back a significant amount of the tempers used, like 25% of all of them, when we decon gear. For example, we decon a Gold piece, we get 1 Green, 1-2 Blues, 1-2 Purples, 2-3 Gold Tempers. I would limit to this to the gear we made ourselves and not dropped loot items for this payout. The dropped items give up tempers the way they do now, a chance to get one of the last tier used. This will reduce the Temper need, but at the same time keep the economy vibrant for Tempers.
    Edited by Nestor on April 1, 2015 8:36PM