Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hybrids in 1.6

Vil
Vil
✭✭✭
Can it be done!?

I have always played hybrids: shaman, paladin, witch hunter, spellsword...

In 1.6, as I understand. Weapon damage scale off of stamina, class abilities from magica..Do we have to choose?

I want to make a spellsword that uses melee and magic.. I guess this build wouldn't be very effective (2 bars + overload bar)? (PVE first, PVP second).
Tonight I was trying to make a hybrid based around summoning :neutral: I'd have my useless pets.. then go into overload for burst/aoe damage.
esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.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

I am also looking for a werewolf build if there are any out there.
Edited by Vil on March 30, 2015 9:14PM
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll not be good neither at spell damage(magicka) nor at weapon damage(stamina).
    Edited by LameoveR on March 30, 2015 9:22PM
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    You'll not be good neither at spell damage(magicka) nor at weapon damage(stamina).

Yeah I know, gotta find a way around it... That build I posted there is not just crappy in that regards, it lacks synergy between the abilities...

I just want to make a hybrid build somehow :(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be Hybrid too, now I go all in on one attribute. Nice because I am more deadly using the skills that scale from that attribute, but now I can't use up one resource, then use the other until the first one regens. Well I can, it's just those attacks are more distractions to the enemy than taking them down.

However, I solved this by cranking up my regen to insane levels using Warlock or Syrabane jewelry. Neither my sorcerer or templar run out of magic, and Templars were never very good with this before. I had a hard time maintaining Stamina on my DK, so I specced him back to Magic and he is working much better now. Problem with Stamina is just getting to the fight uses up your main resource. My DK in Heavy Armor seems to do OK with this, but I need some more testing.

I am still running Stamina on my NB, but that might change too. But, his weapons really benefit from Stamina, and he is in Medium Armor, so it is a quandry.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Depends on your definition of "good". To some people, good means topping all the DPS meters and killing dungeon bosses in less than ten seconds and anything not meeting those standards is utter crap. To others, good just means something closer to just killing the opponent without too much trouble.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Depends on your definition of "good". To some people, good means topping all the DPS meters and killing dungeon bosses in less than ten seconds and anything not meeting those standards is utter crap. To others, good just means something closer to just killing the opponent without too much trouble.

That is a good point. Aren't "hybrids" usually lacking in some way compared to a "focused" class/build anyway?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vil wrote: »

That is a good point. Aren't "hybrids" usually lacking in some way compared to a "focused" class/build anyway?

Like all things, it all depends. Prior to 1.6, what something scaled from was all over the place. So what I would do is load up my bar with a split of Stamina and Magic skills, use the Stamina skills until the Stamina depleted, then used magic while Stamina regened, or vice versa.

Now, things scale from what they should scale to. This means your damage is going to be much less based on the attribute you do not not build up. You can see how much the difference is by respeccing your attributes, then looking at your skills, then adding in the attributes and seeing how much more the effectiveness is.

Also, PvE leveling is more forgiving of builds, where PvP is a little more brutal to not being up to snuff in the areas you need. For PvE Trials, it all depends on who you run those with and why. Just want to finish them, then you can bring almost whatever to the party, want to get on the leaderboards, you need a more focused build. Just remember, the Trials are 3 Dungeons and Dragonstart, so a small part of the game.

Build your character for leveling, then respec them to PvP when you get there, then if you do the trials, respec them for that.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only option would be to focus in health as a tank build. and use magicka/stamina as bonus weapon/spell damage.

Or do something insane like use a redguard NB for massive stamina regen and append magicka regen on top.

Or you could try a pure light/heavy attack build using CS. Something that popped to mind but never really delved into it.
    So rather than using stamina/magicka skills you just need the stamina for dodge/break/block etc.
    This is of course compatible with option 1.
    [magicka and stamina become reserves for cc and passive buffs "when slotted"]

Should be quite fun to play if you aren't playing whackamole with the 1-5 keys all the time.
    Let you focus much more on the action rather than your finger location.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 31, 2015 3:40PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on March 31, 2015 3:53PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!