Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK Healer and Dual Weild

Dumac
Dumac
✭✭
Hey, am pretty new to the game, played a bit after launch and am back now the game is btp
Anyhoo, I know the whole 'you can play any class anyway you want'- which is why i Want to make a DK healer. But, do you have to have two resto staff bars to be a proper healer? My first lvl1-15 weapon was DW and dont really want to give it up because my DK is a Khajiit and like him to have some sneaky snaeky stabby stabby...
Any advice?
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    You don't need to have both hot bars with resto staves and healing abilities on them to be a good healer. I can usually keep a group healed in my Templar with my destruction staff out while dpsing.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vexian wrote: »
    You don't need to have both hot bars with resto staves and healing abilities on them to be a good healer. I can usually keep a group healed in my Templar with my destruction staff out while dpsing.

This. You can do it without 2 resto staves... but you won't be able to do a stamina weapon efficiently without swapping your gear to stamina based gear anyway. If you want to have one bar as heals and one as dps, then I would recommend magika based dps instead.

If you are going to be changing your gear anyway, then you might as well get an addon like wyykyds that will swap your gear and skills with one button.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Templar heals all the time and has never carried a Healing Staff. The main difference is you can target healing with the Healing Staff where the native Templar Healing is a skill you cast that affects nearby allies. Both are effective, it's just how do you want to go about Healing.

And, who are you healing? If just your self and the occasional ally, then Repentance is a great skill for that. So is Breath of Life or the other healing spell whose name escapes me, but those you can use before the mobs die. There is also Puncturing Sweep, (IIRC) the skill that gives you 4 hits. One of the Morphs will also heal you. I got the 1,000,000 Dungeon Healing achivement from that skill alone. Note this last skill only heals the player, no allies.

I also tend to only keep one healing spell on my bar for my Templar, as they are otherwise DPS.
    Edited by Nestor on March 31, 2015 3:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"