The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Returning player in need of advice.

yvanbroeckpreeb18_ESO
Hey folks,

After briefly touching the game about a year ago I decided to give it another go and I like what I'm seeing. I don't have a lot of experience in ESO and the combinations you can create with these classes are confusing to me so I decided to ask around here on the forums which road I should take.

In previous mmo's I've always opted for either a tanking character or a healing one. This time round tho I would like to be able to dish out some serious ranged damage. I guess that would mean somewhere along the lines of a Sorceror or a Nightblade with a bow. Something like a glass canon would be nice.

Also my main focus will be PvP in Cyrodiil. I won't be soloing and picking off single opponents. No I want big sieges with lots and lots of players.

Again, I don't know anything about builds or classes here in ESO so I really would like some thoughts on this matter because honestly, I don't know where to start :-)
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    I am also a returning player and I recently made a new character to ease myself back into the game. Now obviously this game's class system has no restrictions on how to play them, even though they do kind of push you into a general direction (Templar is heal, do is tank, ect) but since my return I've been playing a bow wielding stamina based Templar and have been loving it. I put out pretty decent dps and have the Templar heal as an emergency backup of things get too crazy. And I also can switch to my twin daggers if I want a more in your face touch
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    This time round tho I would like to be able to dish out some serious ranged damage. I guess that would mean somewhere along the lines of a Sorceror or a Nightblade with a bow. Something like a glass canon would be nice.
    Nightblade with Bow and Medium Armour would probably be most appropriate. While levelling up you'll probably want the Fighters Guild "Silver Bolts" to knock down the pesky weak daedra/undead. "Wind walker" from Medium Armour for the stamina cost reduction. "Scatter Shot" from the Bow, then "Snipe". Concentrate on building Stamina and Stamina based damage. I think that's the general path.
    Vexian wrote: »
    I've been playing a bow wielding stamina based Templar and have been loving it.
    It's easier to do that now than it used to be. Magicka Templars with Restoration Staves used to be the only way to run a Templar because Stamina was weak and the Templars didn't have any Magicka refreshing skills. Now I think the Stamina is strong enough to support any class, but I'm not certain because my favourite character is the Healer Templar :D
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • yvanbroeckpreeb18_ESO
    Thank you both!

Decided to roll with the Nightblade bow/2hander combo. I might switch the two handed to dual daggers if I feel it's not working like I want it to :smile: