Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Switching to NA from EU

jailmaker
jailmaker
Soul Shriven
Hi i just wanted to know if its possible to play NA server with my friend while using the progress i've gained on my NA server?
Thanks

~jail
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    I am pretty positive that any characters you've created on the EU servers are exclusive to those servers and NA servers are separate.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vexian is correct, the regions are totally separate including 'account wide' items such as Collections items, pre-order map packs etc. I can't be 100% positive Store-bought items are also per-region but I suspect they are as the Store is only available after you log into a character.

Also you need to install an entirely separate client for the second region.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 31, 2015 12:22PM
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the regions are totally separate including 'account wide' items such as Collections items, pre-order map packs etc.

*Account wide player appreciation items (vanity pets) as well as anything purchased from the online store, are indeed accessible on both servers, as are the explorer pack maps.

*Anything bought from the Crown Store is server specific and not accessible on both servers, nor are crowns server specific. If you have 1000 and spend 500 on EU, you will have 500 left to spend on NA.

*Any champion points you have from veteran characters, or costumes from level rewards, are server specific, and will not be available to new characters on a different server.

And, yes, if you want to play on EU, NA, and PTS you will need 3 complete files of the game.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    the regions are totally separate including 'account wide' items such as Collections items, pre-order map packs etc.

*Account wide player appreciation items (vanity pets) as well as anything purchased from the online store, are indeed accessible on both servers, as are the explorer pack maps
    Hmm, that wasn't my experience on launch they were delivered to the first character that logged in on one region and I didn't get them on the first character I created on the other server, and I hadn't read anything to indicate it had changed.

Your comment on Crowns surprises me, so ITEMS bought from the Store are per-region but CROWNS are game-wide .. I guess ZOS' inconsistency is what I wasn't factoring into my thinking,
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 1, 2015 11:30AM