The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Player Need Help

SynisterScent
SynisterScent
Soul Shriven
Hey there, I'm just looking for some help. I am currently level 6 and loving the game but I'd like to know, at what level or when can I join my first instance dungeon group. Right now it's grayed out or something, and when can I join pvp and how do I join it? Is that the alliance war? Thanks.
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the instance dungeon group but you can enter Cyrodiil PvP at level 10. Once you hit lvl 10 hit 'L' and select a campaign. Once you've selected a home campaign, select it and press 'E' to enter it. I'd select the non veteran campaign to begin with.
  • SynisterScent
    SynisterScent
    Soul Shriven
    KleanZlate wrote: »
    Not sure about the instance dungeon group but you can enter Cyrodiil PvP at level 10. Once you hit lvl 10 hit 'L' and select a campaign. Once you've selected a home campaign, select it and press 'E' to enter it. I'd select the non veteran campaign to begin with.
    Do you get xp?
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    KleanZlate wrote: »
    Do you get xp?

There are tutorial quests when you first enter Cyrodiil. They're worth some XP and you get 2 skill points. Then there are quest hubs and delves scattered in Cyrodiil that give decent XP. You also get XP for killing players and doing Alliance war quests. These are explained in the tutorial quests.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first instanced dungeon I came across (Spindleclutch) has a recommended level of 12 but my guild talked me into doing it at level 8 (they told me it scaled to the lowest level member and since I only died against the boss I assume that's true).

On that basis I'm not sure what the actual minimum level is, it could even be level 3 (as soon as you get out of/skip the Wailing Prison) but you wouldn't have many skills available so it would be much harder than normal.

PvP is in Cyrodiil and it seems to be completely impossible to get there before level 10, but after that you can come and go as you like.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"