The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

do i need to do anything to use inspiration

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
gained by crafting writs? is it automatic or do I have to do something once I receive inspiration from craft quest
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think of Inspiration as the crafting equivalent of experience points for your character. Actions you perform gain either ISP or XP. One levels crafts, the other levels your character.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Think of Inspiration as the crafting equivalent of experience points for your character. Actions you perform gain either ISP or XP. One levels crafts, the other levels your character.

I think 10% of your ISP is gained in XP too
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait, what? No.

It's possible to max crafts from 1-50 at an extremely low level. If this were the case, inspiration-exp conversion would cause you to level up, but that simply doesn't happen.

Inspiration is the crafting level version of experience points. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vandril wrote: »

Wait, what? No.

It's possible to max crafts from 1-50 at an extremely low level. If this were the case, inspiration-exp conversion would cause you to level up, but that simply doesn't happen.

Inspiration is the crafting level version of experience points. Nothing more, nothing less.

*shrug* When I turn in a writ I get *scratches head* 10,000 ISP and 275 XP (comes up in "combat cloud"), so you're both right (it's not 1%) and wrong (it's 2.75%). Perhaps I don't get any XP and "Combat Cloud" reads the API incorrectly *shrug*.

#edit: I'll compare tomorrow night before I submit the Provisioning Writ what my XP is before and after. All of my characters have maxed out provisioning.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on March 30, 2015 11:56AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, lol. You meant from turning in the writs? Now I understand what you were trying to say.

Yes, you do get some EXP from completing writs. Just like any other quest. In fact, I just recently gained my first CP since 1.6 having done nothing that gains me XP except for my daily writs. Btw, this takes around 30 days to do (if I remember the XP gains correctly) at highest level in all crafts, doing each writ every day.

I thought you meant gaining Inspiration in general will also grant you XP, which is just untrue.
    Edited by Vandril on March 30, 2015 4:58PM
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Short answer no. Inspiration is the name of crafting experience.