The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just bought it. Crash + Huge download. (?!)

DeLaVega86
DeLaVega86
✭✭
hi! i just bought the game. the explorers edition as well.

i could have gotten it online but i thought i'd go to the local store and get a copy
in order to avoid waiting all that time for it to download.

i installed the game.
it did a bit of updating of course.
then whenever clicked "play" it immediately crashed. every time.
so i thought i should "repair" it.
i did repair it, but now i have to download 32GB of updates!
32GB, WHAT THE F***K !?!
and the speed is just around 500/s.
this will take forever! i am so dissapointed and disheartened.

is this normal or did i do something wrong??

thanks for your time.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you bought a copy of the original boxed Elder Scrolls Online which was released in April 2014, then the 32GB download sounds right.

I don't know what version of the game that ZOS includes in the new ESO: Tamriel Unlimited box but Amazon has a June 9, 2015 release for the PC and Mac version.
  • SapphireThunder
    The download amount is quite normal for the original version.

Also: what kind of pc specs do you have?
  • DeLaVega86
    DeLaVega86
    ✭✭
    The download amount is quite normal for the original version.

Also: what kind of pc specs do you have?

i5 3470
    5770 hd 1gb
    8gb ram
    win7 64bit
  • SapphireThunder
    DeLaVega86 wrote: »
    i5 3470
    5770 hd 1gb
    8gb ram
    win7 64bit

Well, even though your gpu fulfills the minimum requirement, I think it may be one part of the problem.
    You may want to upgrade it just in case.

Even if it isn't the reason, you will get a good performance boost to games.

If you have money: get GTX960
    If you have limited budget: get R9 270 or GTX750Ti.
    Edited by SapphireThunder on March 30, 2015 10:03AM
  • DeLaVega86
    DeLaVega86
    ✭✭
    DeLaVega86 wrote: »
    i5 3470
    5770 hd 1gb
    8gb ram
    win7 64bit

Well, even though your gpu fulfills the minimum requirement, I think it may be one part of the problem.
    You may want to upgrade it just in case.

Even if it isn't the reason, you will get a good performance boost to games.

If you have money: get GTX960
    If you have limited budget: get R9 270 or GTX750Ti.

thanks!
    but when the download finished i launched the game just fine, without it crashing.
    and the graphic settings were set all on High, by default (appart from water reflections).
    so i think i might be ok with my current gpu :)
  • Intervein
    Intervein
    I second SapphireThunder's suggestion for a new gpu. You will notice a significant decrease in fps when entering populated areas or when grouping where a ton of particle effects are going off.

Edit: For any other new players just buying the game. A huge download is to be expected. You're downloading about 10 months worth of patch data.
    Edited by Intervein on March 30, 2015 4:38PM
    Usually found in Tech Support somewhere.