The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advice for first character.

DeLaVega86
DeLaVega86
✭✭
so as im waiting for the 32GB update to finish i thought id come here and ask you guys some things :)

first of all, my class.

my life as it is, doesnt allow me to play for hours and do raids and sieges like i used to, a few years ago.
so i will most probably play solo. a couple hours per day with frequent breaks.

what i want from my class is:
-i want to kill things really fast in PvE. (from what i've read NB is the best at this, or is it Sorc?)
-i want to be able to stay AFK in random places, when RL calls. (afaik all classes can stay in sneak right? but bosmer/khajit have bonus)
-i want to be able to do some RvR, while solo. meaning, when i come across some siege or zerg fight, to be able to get some action then escape (i think that would be a NB archer?)
-and i also want my class to generally be quick. i want to be able to escape easily and move around the battlefield quickly.

correct me if i'm wrong. and give me your suggestions.

thanks!
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, you want a khajiit or bosmer nightblade dual-wield or two-hand and bow
    Edited by skeletorz_ESO on March 29, 2015 8:06PM
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is a really easy one to level and has the nice advantage of having lots of heals available without a resto staff. Dragonknight is a very powerful and versatile class. Sorcerers can do a lot of damage, but currently they're a little more restricted then the others. I've yet to play a nightblade, but I hear their good.

Q: i want to kill things really fast in PvE. (from what i've read NB is the best at this, or is it Sorc?)
    A: PVE is easy. Most classes can handle this. My favorite is Dragonknight, but Templar is good at this as well. Sorcerer might take a little more work, but can do some pretty decent stuff when combined with weapon skills. I've solo'd a lot of group bosses with my Sorcerer.

Q: i want to be able to stay AFK in random places, when RL calls. (afaik all classes can stay in sneak right? but bosmer/khajit have bonus)
    A: I do that all the time with all my characters. Sure, some classes/races are sneakier then others, but it's doable by about everybody.

Q:i want to be able to do some RvR, while solo. meaning, when i come across some siege or zerg fight, to be able to get some action then escape (i think that would be a NB archer?)
    A: Sorcerer is THE master of Running Away; with their spammable Bolt Escape, they can be across the field before you blink. Nightblades are super sneaky. So it's a matter if you want to streak away like lightning, or sneak quietly into the shadows.

Q: i also want my class to generally be quick. i want to be able to escape easily and move around the battlefield quickly.
    A: See above.

Since you want to be nimble and quick, I'd say either Sorcerer or Nightblade. The thing about Sorcerer is they can get toggle-heavy, but they can do a lot of damage, have great magic management, and with Critical Surge, they can be gods when in crowds of enemies, especially if you go melee. I don't have a lot of experience with Nightblades, but I know they're quiet, fast, and deadly when paired with a bow.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea sounds like your going to want a khajit archer or a sorc (prob altmer) for your PvP stuff.

In terms of PvE I found it easier to nuke mobs with my sorcerer. NBs are great damage but a little squishy (unless going with a siphoning specific build).

All in all don't worry about sneaking, it's almost pointless in this game (keyword: almost), except for the occasional gank in PvP. With that said Sorcs bolt escape (aka streak) is the probably the best evasion skill in the game.
    Edited by Cuyler on March 30, 2015 4:35PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]