Legerdemain - The path of Thievery

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a separate thread on this already, but I have noticed that not all regular chests give regular experience even though they do give legerdemaine experience for me. Has anyone else had that happen?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I started a separate thread on this already, but I have noticed that not all regular chests give regular experience even though they do give legerdemaine experience for me. Has anyone else had that happen?
    That's correct, it's level based similar to NPC's you kill. The only thing in the game that gives the same XP regardless of the level disparity between you and it is Quest turn ins. If you are VR14 then all Safeboxes/Chests will give you 915 XP down through VR1 iirc, then it drops roughly in half for your own Faction's 5th Zone and roughly half again by the time you get to your own Faction's 1st main Zone (not the noob island).

• farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh. I was wondering if there was any disadvantage to looting low-level areas. The guards are considerably easier. But vet Shornhelm is just so nice, I can't give it up. The guards are so polite!
    Edited by farrier_ESO on March 30, 2015 2:55PM
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    I have some strange behavior to report regarding pickpocketing.

Whenever I have an extremely low success rate (10%) I almost always succeed at it.
    Whenever I have an extremely high success rate (95%) I almost always FAIL.

Am I just not understanding something here?

My burglary skills are pretty nice and my total Ledger skill is - um 10 or 11 by now. I only put 2 points into sneak and 2 points into lightfingers.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10421601_10153117107860630_4210781124041052833_n.jpg?oh=c06c6050d72a028ef4d0b7ea6aa0bc7f&oe=551C691F&__gda__=1427854281_d84326958be8dbf4305344d0027b6155
    Edited by MorHawk on March 31, 2015 12:42PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Vixrow
    Vixrow
    ✭✭
    Just adding my bit of experiment here :
    You can deconstruct any stolen piece of armor/weapon, and those scale to your level as standard (unless you're lucky enough to get a green) which is kinda good if you're not a crafter/newbie with no mats.

Now it gets interesting when you level up your crafting skills, i'm talking about blacksmithing/woodworking/clothing. Let me explain,
    First point : again, the item SCALE to your level, so you're going to get a whole TON of craftXP by deconstructing the stuff you steal, and trust me in zones like shadowfen it's easy and quick. This way you can grind your skill line to 50 in a few hours if you're V14.
    Second point : Once you got advanced in crafting equipment AND max wood/metal extraction and/or unraveling, (and of course bought bag slots) you can easily get full stacks of mats to sell in a guild store, and these are like 1.5K for 200p cheapest. And you can still sell them to regular merchants for 800g a stack if you lack time. No daily cap, fast, easy & clean.
    Last point : as mentioned before, since it's scaled you can stuff your low level characters pretty quick in case you"re kinda low on mats, better than keeping the first set until you can craft/drop one.

Oh yeah also, thieves den is considered a dungeon so when you enter it, it resets the solo zone which means once you get out, all crates/items/barrels etc. are back

Enjoy you're thieving days mates
    Edited by Vixrow on March 30, 2015 9:56PM
    Shadow hides you.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    should also add that once you unlock a locked box and log out for 3 - 4 minutes then jump back in it will respawn...
    Edited by Anoteros on April 1, 2015 10:38AM
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    Where can I steal a belt, a sash, and a girdle ???

I've looked on many vendor tables, outfitter stores, and armorers ... and crates and cabinets.

Where are these items hidden ?

???
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    I just KNEW it !!!!!

As soon as I posted the question ... guess what I found !!!

B)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies, I have been unable to respond recently to answer questions so I will do so now.
    Anoteros wrote: »
    should also add that once you unlock a locked box and log out for 3 - 4 minutes then jump back in it will respawn...
    I have not found this to be true as Safeboxes act exactly like open World Chests in that they're first come first served and have their own respawn timer. I will say that Safeboxes have a faster respawn timer than Chests do, somewhere between 25-45 min. However it IS true with all Containers if you log out/in and/or Zone.
    Vixrow wrote: »
    Just adding my bit of experiment here :
    You can deconstruct any stolen piece of armor/weapon, and those scale to your level as standard (unless you're lucky enough to get a green) which is kinda good if you're not a crafter/newbie with no mats.
    This is indeed a good way to level alt's Professions, especially as you say if you have a VR14 doing the Thievery, then Laundering items for decon. It's also MUCH cheaper than crafting them yourself to decon on alts.

Grats @MorHawk on your Mastery
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livestock Mass Murderer achievement in a VERY fast time, check HERE to see the thread that @QuadroTony made.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    I can recommend the sprinting skill from Assault Alliance war skills. Awesome to get away from guards :)
    use that skill, sprint, break free, sprint on, live. Rarely get killed nowadays.
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding @Anemonean's "Rogue's Folio" to the OP. It's a very cool mapping system for all your Thieving needs.
  • wilsonirayb16_ESO
    I have a 30sh heavy armor character with 10 Legerdemain, and then I have a lowly level 7 NB that is a Legerdemain virgin.
    Briefly I considered that I would dedicate the NB to thieving and forget about levelling him like a normal character.
    This idea was also reinforced by taking into consideration that Shadow would be helpful for moments when NPCs or Guards were particularly obstinate and wouldn't move out of the way/field of view.

However like you, I found that inside homes, Shadow/stealth is useless. Is this also true for other buildings or just private homes?

Really I just want to know if NB has any specific/inherent advantages and I should start my Legerdemain again on him, or continue on with the 30 character.
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering if the thieves guild DLC will tie in with the ledgermain skill line?
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    is there similar topics for Thieves Guild too? please