The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerf sorc!

Detector
Detector
✭✭✭✭
For sorcerer with 30-35k magicka combination spam-class-shields + spam-Streak + spam-Crystal Fragments = imba (mini-boss) with high damage. ZOS, stop it!
I'm old pvp-player (NB,stamina,duals) with top-dps in pve. But vs Sorc i'm noob. Where is the balance?
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    For sorcerer with 30-35k magicka combination spam-class-shields + spam-Streak + spam-Crystal Fragments = imba (mini-boss) with high damage. ZOS, stop it!
    I'm old pvp-player (NB,stamina,duals) with top-dps in pve. But vs Sorc i'm noob. Where is the balance?

hidden behind the L2P door.

pvp unlike Pve is not about dps but either attrition or the ability to coordinate your burst - you are obviously unable to utilize any of the both ways and thus whining like a small child.
    i would suppose you actually contact some of your realms active pvp Nbs for some information and knowledge about how to PvP as a NB.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could work on combining CC and burst damage -- the same combination 'old PvP players' have been using to down healers in MMO's for more than a decade. As for the Bolt Escape, every gap closer in the game has a longer range.

Or, you could hit the 'post new thread' button, and hope that works.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me guess. You came to pvp thinking people behave like pve mobs. Sorcs do not hit as hard as any stamina builds. Your higher dps comes at a cost. You must learn to utilize the many skills and mechanics awarded you.

My advice to you is simple: Learn to Play.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

All know that sorcerers are OP, and they try to defend it like crazy. Think about em like PvP miniboss. ZoS always screw up balance. DK was not even bad as this.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

Let me guess. You came to pvp thinking people behave like pve mobs. Sorcs do not hit as hard as any stamina builds. Your higher dps comes at a cost. You must learn to utilize the many skills and mechanics awarded you.

^ Dont belive the lies. Magic attacks hit hard as stamina, and you can spam spells like crazy, but you can do less stamina attack. Think about it why, you will know. Spell damage > physical damage
    Sorcs can behave like a mob, no need much brain. You described it why. ("For sorcerer with 30-35k magicka combination spam-class-shields + spam-Streak + spam-Crystal Fragments = imba (mini-boss) with high damage."...
    Edited by Kypho on March 27, 2015 2:45PM
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

All know that sorcerers are OP, and they try to defend it like crazy. Think about em like PvP miniboss. ZoS always screw up balance. DK was not even bad as this.

And yet everyday my kill sorc quests is the fastest and easiest to complete. Any chance you're just not a really imaginative player and someone who refuses to adapt?
    Edited by Vis on March 27, 2015 2:45PM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^ Dont belive the lies. Magic attacks hit hard as stamina, and you can spam spells like crazy, but you can do less stamina attack. Think about it why, you will know. Spell damage > physical damage
    Sorcs can behave like a mob, no need much brain. You described it why. ("For sorcerer with 30-35k magicka combination spam-class-shields + spam-Streak + spam-Crystal Fragments = imba (mini-boss) with high damage."...

Magic attacks hit as hard as stamina? And you can spam spells with high spellpower? Lol.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    As for the Bolt Escape, every gap closer in the game has a longer range.

But no gap closer in the game has enough range to cover the distance of two bolt escapes. And you cannot use the gap closer after the first bolt escape, because you are busy breaking the CC applied by said bolt escape. And even with perfect reflexes it takes longer to break free of the CC (because of the break free animation) than it takes for the sorc to hit the bolt escape button again.

Thus the fact every gap closer in the game has longer range than a single bolt escape is irrelevant, because the sorc is always two bolt escapes away from you.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

But no gap closer in the game has enough range to cover the distance of two bolt escapes. And you cannot use the gap closer after the first bolt escape, because you are busy breaking the CC applied by said bolt escape. And even with perfect reflexes it takes longer to break free of the CC (because of the break free animation) than it takes for the sorc to hit the bolt escape button again.

Thus the fact every gap closer in the game has longer range than a single bolt escape is irrelevant, because the sorc is always two bolt escapes away from you.

another L2P issue you know you have this funny second mouse button, it is not exiting to relax your middle or ringfinger wich ever you preferr but it can actally be used to preventively negate the cc by streak or bol. wich you would know if you would have learned to play accidently as the unblockable streak cc has been removed in 1.6.0.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 27, 2015 3:31PM

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You haven't learned to blockcast vs. a melee sorc?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak is a disorient. Disorients go through block.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That runs exactly counter to my experience, using Ball of Lightning (Bolt Morph - the one that leaves the shiny orbs) to escape melee. If they're already on me and I start bolting away, about half of them drop off instantly, as you describe, and I'm out.

The other half keep up, and I eat a Crit Charge with every single Bolt, in succession, until I die or formulate a different plan. If I still have stamina, Bolt-Dodge helps a lot. But I can't dodge very often.

Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

hidden behind the L2P door.

pvp unlike Pve is not about dps but either attrition or the ability to coordinate your burst - you are obviously unable to utilize any of the both ways and thus whining like a small child.
    i would suppose you actually contact some of your realms active pvp Nbs for some information and knowledge about how to PvP as a NB.

It is not a l2p issue - Sorc = Can dps/tank/escape by stacking 1 pool. So obviously bs unless your a sorc ofc like yourself.

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope its not, it was but as i said that has been changed in 1.6.0.

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

And yet everyday my kill sorc quests is the fastest and easiest to complete. Any chance you're just not a really imaginative player and someone who refuses to adapt?

um actually I find this to be the complete opposite.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

nope its not, it was but as i said that has been changed in 1.6.0.

I see it has indeed been changed.

However, i have been chasing bolting sorcs holding block and spamming invasion for months. It worked, because disorient was blockable.

After 1.6, it no longer works. Holding block the same way i have been doing like forever results in me being CC-ed when the sorc bolts. I (incorrectly) assumed this was due to disorients now going through block. I see streak no longer has a disorient, but it does apply CC through block. It happened to me on several occasions (and it wasn't because of being out of stamina, my NB is a stamina monster).

I will pay attention and try to catch it on video. Whatever the reason for it - streak still disorienting, or some other bug - the CC is being applied to a blocking target.

[edit] Okay so i spent some time on the NB and it now seems to be working correctly (as in, blocking now prevents CC from bolt escape being applied). Whatever it was that was causing the CC to be unblockable before seems to be gone.
    Edited by Sharee on March 27, 2015 4:32PM
  • pmacisback
    pmacisback
    ✭✭
    Yeah, because nerfing any class's survivability always goes over well and is good for the health of the game...

Just stop.
    I'm 12, and what is this?
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    It is not a l2p issue - Sorc = Can dps/tank/escape by stacking 1 pool. So obviously bs unless your a sorc ofc like yourself.

Stamina builds can dps/ tank/ escape by stacking one pool, too. Stamina increases damage, enables block, dodge roll, sprint and retreating maneuvers.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so much disinformation from non sorcs in one thread its mind boggling. this really is a learn to play issue, what you should have titled this thread OP is, 'How do i kill a sorc HELP!!!!!!' then people wouldnt see you in such the light that they are right now. i get owned by night blades all day long, i get owned by dks all day long, i get owned by templars all day long. im not a bad sorc, they just know what to do to kill a sorc, burst or outlast stats, infact thats the same for every class. if you cant find a way yourself to get your class to perform optimally then you should have asked for help, not whine.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sorc since forever. We're strong on a magicka build no doubt about it, but we're peanuts on a stamina build. No doubt about that either. I don't want to be the one to tell you what's good and bad about a certain class, I don't even care that much how strong or weak we are when it comes to my personal gameplay, I'll still play the class.

But what I do care about, is balancing it as closely as possible for everyone's sake. So please, do not take one class and say it's the most OP thing ever, all classes have certain imbalances about them, so instead of opening one thread per each class, let's just open a thread and compare absolutely everything in raw power by default. Once you mix in gear and specialized items and stats it becomes difficult to compare realistically because people will try and benefit off of something and it's their right to do so if they choose to, meaning that they will probably be gimped in another department.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    If built correctly, there is no class that cannot destroy a Sorc with relative ease. This is a L2P issue.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, all.
    We are closing this thread because there is already a thread on this topic. Keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to that thread to continue your discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.