Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafted Sets

ShadowMage
ShadowMage
✭✭✭
Do crafted sets need to be all armor? I have two pcs of armor and an axe from the Death's Wind set, but am only getting the 2-item bonus. I also have one armor and another axe from Night's Silence, but I'm not getting any of the set bonuses.
PC / NA
Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)

Best Answer

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor, weapons and jewelry bonuses all count. I assume you're dual wielding axes, are they currently equipped? It doesn't work when you swap to your secondary weapon that is not part of the set. All parts need to be in your active setup.
    Answer ✓
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was all supposed to count towards the set, which is why I was surprised to see that I wasn't getting the full bonus. I am indeed dual wielding and they are both equipped. I didn't even give a thought to the secondary weapon, though I thought I did have the axes active. I will double check next time I log in and verify.
    PC / NA

Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frequently your going to be swapping between a single 2 Handed Weapon and dual one handed weapons. Most people pick a set for the 5 piece bonus, then pick a set that gives good 3 and 4 piece bonuses that compliment the other set or their character's base stats. This way under Dual Weild you 5 plus 4 pieces, and with say a Bow, you get 5 plus 3 pieces.

Then you have the Dropped sets which offer Jewelery that you can mix into this. Sometimes you can find 3 pieces of jewelry to wear, sometimes you have to use a piece of armor. So, that can change the mix too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do crafted sets need to be all armor? I have two pcs of armor and an axe from the Death's Wind set, but am only getting the 2-item bonus. I also have one armor and another axe from Night's Silence, but I'm not getting any of the set bonuses.

If I am reading that correctly, you have 3 items of Death's Wind and 2 items from Nights Silence. With those equipped you should be getting the 3 item bonus from DW and 2 item bonus from NS. Each piece your using has to have that named set on it to apply to the item bonus. If your wearing those set items and not getting a bonus submit a bug report showing the items equipped and the bonus not lightning up in the set.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

If I am reading that correctly, you have 3 items of Death's Wind and 2 items from Nights Silence. With those equipped you should be getting the 3 item bonus from DW and 2 item bonus from NS. Each piece your using has to have that named set on it to apply to the item bonus. If your wearing those set items and not getting a bonus submit a bug report showing the items equipped and the bonus not lightning up in the set.
    Yes, you are reading correctly. The issue is that I am getting only the 2-item bonus from DW and nothing from NS. Rosveen reminded me that the weapons need to be active (ie, I cannot have my staff as my active weapon) to get the bonuses from the axes. I am not sure which weapon set I had active when I was looking at my bonuses and need to double check. What I was looking for was confirmation of whether both weapons and armor would count towards the set bonuses, and I have received that confirmation. Now I just need to make sure if I am experiencing a bug, or if I was just being a bonehead and had the wrong weapon active. ;)
    PC / NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (ie, I cannot have my staff as my active weapon) to get the bonuses from the axes.

If you need a Death Wind Staff or a Night's Silence staff, let me know. I will help you out with that. Heck, if you give me the clothing mats, I would make a complete 5 + 4 set for you. I have the trait and style gems so don't worry about those.

Or, a 100 gold each and I can make you the items you need to research so that you can make the stuff yourself. If your interested, send me a message in game to @Nestor (NA Server)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    (ie, I cannot have my staff as my active weapon) to get the bonuses from the axes.

If you need a Death Wind Staff or a Night's Silence staff, let me know. I will help you out with that. Heck, if you give me the clothing mats, I would make a complete 5 + 4 set for you. I have the trait and style gems so don't worry about those.

Or, a 100 gold each and I can make you the items you need to research so that you can make the stuff yourself. If your interested, send me a message in game to @Nestor (NA Server)
    Appreciate the offer. :) But I'm still leveling and probably won't stick with either set for too long (depends on whether I find a better one ;) ). Also, I'm working on my crafting lines, and I have enough traits on my staves, just haven't gotten back to either of the crafting stations yet to make one. Well actually now that I think about it, I might be short on traits for the lightning staff...I'll check it out next time I log in and if I need some, I'll take you up on the offer.
    PC / NA

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you are reading correctly. The issue is that I am getting only the 2-item bonus from DW and nothing from NS. Rosveen reminded me that the weapons need to be active (ie, I cannot have my staff as my active weapon) to get the bonuses from the axes. I am not sure which weapon set I had active when I was looking at my bonuses and need to double check. What I was looking for was confirmation of whether both weapons and armor would count towards the set bonuses, and I have received that confirmation. Now I just need to make sure if I am experiencing a bug, or if I was just being a bonehead and had the wrong weapon active. ;)

You can have more than one set active at a time. It's all based off the number of items equipped and active so as long as you have them all on at the same time you should get all of those bonuses. I am currently getting two 5 set bonuses from Healers Habit(with jewelry) and the Seducer. When you submit your ticket, take a screen print of the item from your character slot showing that it's grayed out. That will help ZOS see that your wearing it and the item detail doesn't reflect the bonus.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are both those weapons on the same bar or 1 primary and the other secondary? it only applies to the one you are actively using at the time so make sure you have the right weapon slotted.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the durability of the armor? If it is completely weared off and not repaired, you will have no bonus from it.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vovus69, you may be on to something there.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    What is the durability of the armor? If it is completely weared off and not repaired, you will have no bonus from it.
    Oh, didn't know that either. Thanks for the tip.

I didnt get a chance to log in last night, so I haven't been able to check on anything. Hopefully I'll get in tonight and can check this out.
    PC / NA

• ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    So, it turns out I was just being a bonehead and didn't have the axes as my active weapons and so they weren't counting towards the set bonus.

Thanks for all the input guys.
    PC / NA