The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Uninstalling PTS, without uninstalling the Live Game

Fordd
Fordd
✭✭✭
Hi,

I just wanted to check...using the uninstall option on the game launcher, while the PTS game is selected, will it ONLY uninstall the PTS, or does it also remove the Live Game?

Thank you.
Fordd / Ford Trucks
VR14 Templar (AD)
VR14 DK (AD)

Decibel Heals
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless someone tells you from their own experience whether it does or doesn't affect the live tree, what I'd do is copy the live folder tree so somewhere else on the drive (say the root directory) and then try it. If it does delete the live tree then you can simply copy it back.

Alternatively simply manually delete the PTS tree, I know of no reason that'd break anything. The ESO client has no registry settings, DLL registrations etc. that are 'undone' when you uninstall so brute-force deleting would seem to me to pose no risk: but on the safe side I do image my disk when I try something like that. ;)
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 25, 2015 8:04AM