Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] VR1-9 Armor Stat Glyph Values Do Not Increase With Level

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
I posted this earlier today as a question. I filed a bug report. I have a ticket in.

Here's the problem in pictures. Thanks :)
Major%20Glyph_zps3ozgnqoj.png
Greater%20Glyph_zps8s69mcb3.png
Grand%20Glyph_zpsdvtr7svn.png
Splendid%20Glyph_zpsxyugaeju.png

Same value for all four. Don't want to see if it's a bug in what the UI is telling me because I don't care to burn Kutas to find out ;)

The Monumental Glyph of Stamina does show a higher value.
Edited by bellanca6561n on March 27, 2015 9:10AM
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if this is intended.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumnoch wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if this is intended.

It would shock the heck out of me.

Tried it with different aspect runes. Same result except the fixed value was lower.

Tried it at different enchanting stations. No difference.

It has to be a bug. Glyph values always increased with level. Saw nothing in the patch notes to indicate otherwise.

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I need an answer on this.

Is this a known issue?
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    You should ask in the support forum, if your ticket remains unanswered:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/customer-support-general
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this earlier today as a question. I filed a bug report. I have a ticket in.

This is the first report I have seen of this particular "bug".

Let us hope it is indeed a bug and not deliberately intended, as a lead in to removing the VR system.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Cath :)

This is the first time I've felt that odd feeling of wandering into a black hole or some strange phenomenon where you become invisible or, worse, nuts.

You would think that the fact that this breaks all other progression patterns of values rising with level would raise an eyebrow or two, and could not be what the developers intended.

Then again, they're online game developers in training in many ways. And we've been paying for their schooling which is a source of some frustration.

Remember, in the beginning, when they thought that putting enhancements on a timer at crafting stations was actually a game mechanic :o If you didn't hit R and E FAST then your enhancement chance would drop to 10% ;)

But I digress. The game has come a long way...and no game comes all the way.

EDIT: Your reply came in as I was typing this, Woolenthreads....and, yes, it would be very, very strange if it wasn't a bug.

I could understand it better if you didn't need different potency runes for each level bracket just to get the same value.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on March 25, 2015 10:36AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a known issue?

Have you actually made the Glyphs and applied them to your character to see if there is any difference? That will narrow down if this is a UI issue or deeper in the code. Most of these issues are just the UI not reporting things correctly. Some are not.

Edited by Nestor on March 25, 2015 3:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Is this a known issue?

Have you actually made the Glyphs and applied them to your character to see if there is any difference? That will narrow down if this is a UI issue or deeper in the code. Most of these issues are just the UI not reporting things correctly. Some are not.

Good point and you made it yesterday, Nestor. Don't get me wrong: I do appreciate your advice. I could use Ta aspect runes and experiment.

And I suppose I will. Thing is, each of us has that ONE THING that saps our motivation a little or a lot. God knows this forum is full of that....too much so.

This is that moment for me, though. I'd feel like I was working for them and I'm just not in the mood, alas....at least not today.

You don't want to be playing an online game when you're in a bad mood....in an online game you're interacting with other people and there are already too many players who've gone Fukashima and their toxins are leaking into the game environment :o

I'm always in TS when I play you see ;)
    Edited by bellanca6561n on March 25, 2015 3:32PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point and you made it yesterday, Nestor. Don't get me wrong: I do appreciate your advice. I could use Ta aspect runes and experiment.

Its just that UI Tool Tip issues show up like this all the time after a patch. If you look at most patch notes, you see where they fix "Tool Tip" issues of various kinds. 1.6 changed all kinds of stuff in the game, including Enchanting strength. So, hopefully it is just a tool tip thing. For the record, Enchanting got nerfed too much this time around.

The good thing is, if it is just a UI issue, then you can still make the stuff and use it and get the benefit you expect until they fix it. If it is not a UI issue, then obviously you don't want to waste even the Essences.

My current character just got VR5 last night, which unlocks the next level of Potencies. I did not have time to craft new gear for her last night, I probably will tonight although the VR3 stuff is serving her just fine right now. So, I now have a reason to test this.

Edited by Nestor on March 25, 2015 4:20PM

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Its just that UI Tool Tip issues show up like this all the time after a patch. If you look at most patch notes, you see where they fix "Tool Tip" issues of various kinds. 1.6 changed all kinds of stuff in the game, including Enchanting strength. So, hopefully it is just a tool tip thing. For the record, Enchanting got nerfed too much this time around.

The good thing is, if it is just a UI issue, then you can still make the stuff and use it and get the benefit you expect until they fix it. If it is not a UI issue, then obviously you don't want to waste even the Essences.

My current character just got VR5 last night, which unlocks the next level of Potencies. I did not have time to craft new gear for her last night, I probably will tonight although the VR3 stuff is serving her just fine right now. So, I now have a reason to test this.

That's it, Nestor. What started this for me was having a character hit VR5 ;)

The lower levels of glyphs progress with level as you'd expect.

For soloing, of course, you can stay with the same gear for ages just as you say. But I use her as a healer in groups too. Thus I felt obliged to upgrade her gear for the sake of the people I'm playing with.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's it, Nestor. What started this for me was having a character hit VR5 ;)

The lower levels of glyphs progress with level as you'd expect.

For soloing, of course, you can stay with the same gear for ages just as you say. But I use her as a healer in groups too. Thus I felt obliged to upgrade her gear for the sake of the people I'm playing with.

Played around with Enchanting a little this morning. It appears that the top level Monumental Glyphs appear to be scaling as expected. It is the mid VR tiers that are all the same. I did not have time to find one of the potencies in my bag (why can't they be in order of power?) but the VR3-5 and VR5-8 Glyphs have the same potency value with different Potency Runes, according to the tool tip. I did not make one (I was just doing some quick mule logging this morning to get hireling mails) and apply it to see if there is a difference.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can we have the Devs look at this issue please?

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did answer Nestor.....by shutting down my thread in General Help, made at another player's suggestion, when I received no response here.

They did not address the issue. Rather they said something regarding their policy and "thread consolidation."

Although it's natural for each customer to matter less when a subscription model is dropped, I was not prepared for that to become so evident so quickly after Tango Uniform was launched.

But I appreciate your help nevertheless. And I'll keep bumping this one until an official answer comes along. It's hardly a game breaking bug or anything, but it merits an answer I think.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, again, I did get a response - posts I made to bump the thread were deleted and I was told to stop that.

Hey, I'm not neither kid nor crusader....not Don Quixote or Sancho Panza.

But an issue of this sort requires a proper response. I must insist that it gets one, and not for my own gratification or amusement.

This issue is straightforward. It's not subject to interpretation and does not require corroboration or video evidence.

Pray tell, what Tango Uniform policy does this violate?

And just to give it a lighter touch, here's The Admiral - my pet Bantam Guar - stealing another scene in the game....The Admiral, of course, doesn't care care about stuff like glyphs....he's enchanting all on his own....

Scene%20stealing_zpsyhxv6ncu.png
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that the value of glyphs applied to items are the same for VR1 and VR4.

@ZOS please check the math.
    Edited by Gyudan on March 27, 2015 6:54PM
    Wololo.
  • Crunch
    Crunch
    Confirming this issue.

I used VR1 monumental magica glyphs pre 1.6 on some gear that I still have.
    I upgraded my gear last night at VR7, used both bought and crafted VR7-9 monumental magica glyphs.

Both my VR1 gear, and my VR7 have the same boosts from enchants.
    It was almost pointless to upgrade because my VR1 gear is still just as good... all those purples... wasted.

I assume ZoS knows about this, and are working on a fix. I haven't done a /bug
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    I have reported this via feedback and bug system for the past several months, nothing was said, nothing was done, it is what it is, and yes, it's frustrating that a gold veteran level 9 glyph has the same enchantment value as a gold veteran level 1 glyph, not to mention that a gold veteran level 14 glyph has the same enchantment value as a gold veteran level 10 glyph.

Addendum: The reason that I am focused on this is because I have no-one to educate me in the arts of "using game mechanics to the characters advantage", so, I look at how I can improve my characters chance of surviving a 35k+ damage from a single shot in Cyrodiil without the benefits of a buff server.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on March 30, 2015 4:55PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    We probably need to report it more frequently. Otherwise they will not take care of it. There is a long list of stuff which should be done and question is in prioritization - the more complains they will get the higher on the list issue will be. So I would recommend everyone to report it when in game.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is straightforward. It's not subject to interpretation and does not require corroboration or video evidence.
    It's also a pretty minor problem compared to the many game-breaking bugs that still exist (such as the 'missing Prophet'), serious lag, etc.

In comparison the trivial 'loss' of stats on glyphs isn't something IMO ZOS should be bothering about till those others are dealt with. I have no idea why you're so fixated on this minor issue: and yes, mathematically is IS a minor issue.

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 27, 2015 9:23PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also a pretty minor problem compared to the many game-breaking bugs that still exist (such as the 'missing Prophet'), serious lag, etc.

In comparison the trivial 'loss' of stats on glyphs isn't something IMO ZOS should be bothering about till those others are dealt with. I have no idea why you're so fixated on this minor issue: and yes, mathematically is IS a minor issue.

Because to have no response as a response is unacceptable.

Because if an issue like this is too small to be troubled with a year after launch that means the organization delivering the product is troubled.

I agree and have said that this is not a critical or fatal issue. But if something like this was not in the test plan then it's no wonder far more massive issues remain.

It's the canary in the mine, son. But that's your point...the little bird's dead - big deal! The air's not fit to breathe for humans ;)

Been in this business for over 25 years. I'm an original member of Kesmai when it was 6 guys and no NewsCorp. I've made games for EA, SOE, Atrai, the DoD, and was on the original platform development team for Xbox Live at Microsoft Corporation. And in no organization I've worked for would something like this be okay.

Oh it happened in every damned one, but a finger in each ear is never an acceptable response.

Enough ranting from me. Here's an armor piece enchanted with a Major Glyph of Magicka (VR1-3). It's infused, which is working properly.

Applied%20-%20Stamina_zpsniyvvbre.png

Same set, trait and motif of armor, enchanted with a Grand Glyph of Stamina (VR5-7):

Applied%20-%20Stamina%202_zpsis3ny9nq.png

The progression of other stats seems okay though.

And weapon glyphs seem to not suffer from this. VR1 bow, enchanted:

Applied%20-%20Weapon%201_zpstgvcjsbg.png

VR6 bow, with the same enchantment but at a higher level:

Weapon%20Applied%202_zpsty3kap15.png

And, for me and from me, that's that :)
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    you guys are just finding out that gylphs are bugged? its been like that since the game started..
    I'm outta here
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeap so it would be nice to get this one fixed please.