The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where to start..

Rinira
Rinira
✭✭
So.. admittingly I'm a bit new to RP in a mmo setting and it is causing me some struggles. I have rp'ed on forums for around 15 or 16 years now and I have dabbled in rp mostly back when I played FF:XIV. I did love the rp in the game but I found it hard if not impossible to time things or just happen upon it as much as I would have liked. Maybe it was wrong place at the wrong time sort of deal.. but anyway. My other experience is with WoW but I didn't actually rp in the game past making characters and some information or back stories on them. I had plans to rp in LOTRO but ... the lore intimidated me and maybe I read too much into it.

Being a long term ES fan I know quite a bit of lore in certain places and not so much in others. Maybe I am worrying myself for no reason and over thinking on things... But really I have no idea where to start and I generally play common folk type characters like a smithy or something similar to that line. Maybe a traveling craftsman or seeker of knowledge type of deal but nothing overly er.. combat oriented as I have found that to be hard for me to rp as in a mmo setting. Maybe I am asking if there is a place for common placed characters in the community or not? Also what folks take is on races being cross faction. like I said I normally roll around as some common character or some no body who helps out or offers aid so I didn't think my race was all that important to whatever faction I was actually playing on. >.< I could be wrong! Maybe it would just add some flavor to the story who knows.

Also.. if anyone is willing to put up with me still learning the ropes of this game as well as rp'ing in it .. I am seeking a guild ^^;
Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @Rinira! Have you checked out http://teso-rp.com/ yet? :) I'm pretty sure you can get lots of help there. A great, awesome community. Feel free to add if you like, as well! I'm on NA, Ebonheart Pact. ^^ Dont be intimidated--everyone started somewhere here.

And I think EP is the most populated of the three factions, but I'm sure you can find it in either of the three. A guild I recommend getting into for starting to get into the RP scene, OOC at least, would be "Roleplayers Unlimited" or "Ebonheart Pact Roleplay", depending where you decide to end up. :)
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Rinira!

There is definitely plenty of room in RP communities for "common" characters such as merchants and craftsmen. Regarding non-faction races, I think we are pretty open on that too. I guess it depends partially on where you are RPing: for example it might be more likely to find an Argonian in a bustling trading port city such as Wayrest, than it might be to find a Breton in the depths of Black Marsh. But if you have a good background story for your character, (almost) anything is possible!

I play mostly in Stormhaven RP on the EU megaserver, but there are friendly places to RP on both servers in every faction. Just take your pick, and have fun! If you are on the EU megaserver feel free to contact me in-game as well, I'm @Feynn.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    Hey there @Rinira! Have you checked out http://teso-rp.com/ yet? :) I'm pretty sure you can get lots of help there. A great, awesome community. Feel free to add if you like, as well! I'm on NA, Ebonheart Pact. ^^ Dont be intimidated--everyone started somewhere here.

And I think EP is the most populated of the three factions, but I'm sure you can find it in either of the three. A guild I recommend getting into for starting to get into the RP scene, OOC at least, would be "Roleplayers Unlimited" or "Ebonheart Pact Roleplay", depending where you decide to end up. :)

I have not! I wasn't sure if this game had a community site or not for such a thing. Let alone where to begin looking for it x.x Though sadly I was sorta forced to join the Dominion and not Ebonheart .. My stubborn husband won't switch sides now even if we've only gotten to level 6 (ok on like 4 characters but still). Seems like everyone I end up talking to is on the EP side though haha.

Though I am thinking I might just make a EP character .. for when I'm not grouped up. It's where I wanted to be from the start anyway >->

Feynn - sadly I am NA server :< though as far as story I honestly have no idea what I plan to do I just know me and the so called hero type thing are normally a no go. >.< I want to read up a bit more on the race lore and such and factions before i set things in stone.

Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am on the NA server AD faction, feel free to add me if you wish. AD also has a good amount of RP i am in a guild that host events and such as well. @jircris11
    Edited by jircris11 on March 23, 2015 6:48PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    i am on the NA server AD faction, feel free to add me if you wish. AD also has a good amount of RP i am in a guild that host events and such as well. @jircris11

I'll have to add you in a bit, kids are both still up and I have dinner to fix ^^; I did see that all three Alliances seemed to have a decent amount of activity rp wise. Or at least the number of events seemed to hint that they did o-o;
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP/AD have more open RP where DC tends to me more noble style. you know big houses titles and ranks.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    Oh that's good to know. I don't think I would do well if I had to try to fit into a ranking society >.<;
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must confess: the RP idea intrigues me to the point that I am enjoying my character. Are there any AD RP guilds?
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about AD I have a few folks I talk to on AD but that is about it. The group of friends I normally play with are all on EP so I kinda bit the bullet and switched sides.

Though honestly.. I haven't even looked into guilds at all and I'm nearly 30 >.<;.