Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SweetFX: The enhancement that your ESO game is likely missing

• Bonebreaker
    Bonebreaker
    Soul Shriven
    Didn't know SweetFX could do that. I used ESO Launcher for that a long time ago.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Need a easier way to do this like Minion
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know SweetFX could do that. I used ESO Launcher for that a long time ago.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    A world without fog is stunning!
    NYzbdHI.jpg?1

x88aqmG.jpg?1

e2zJpxh.jpg?1

yngd5Z1.jpg?1

and I took these yesterday:

yRnlwHV.jpg?1

zXW54YM.jpg?1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

It's pretty easy now... using this link: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer-2/

I downloaded the "Microsoft .NET 4.0+" and "Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2013 x86". Those are self extracting. Pretty simple.

Then I downloaded the ESO launcher and the SweetFX. I just threw all the files in the same folder as the ESO executable file.

For me it was: ... /Elder Scrolls Online/game/client

Then I opened ESO using the "ESOLAUNCHER" executable... created a shortcut on my desktop for that. Now I have "ESO SweetFX" and "ESO NO SweetFX" on my desktop. I haven't messed with the config files for SweetFX because it looks amazing as is!

Good luck and post your screens!

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's pretty easy now... using this link: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer-2/

I downloaded the "Microsoft .NET 4.0+" and "Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2013 x86". Those are self extracting. Pretty simple.

Then I downloaded the ESO launcher and the SweetFX. I just threw all the files in the same folder as the ESO executable file.

Then I opened ESO using the "ESOLAUNCHER" executable... created a shortcut on my desktop for that. Now I have "ESO SweetFX" and "ESO NO SweetFX" on my desktop. I haven't messed with the config files for SweetFX because it looks amazing as is!

Clearly we disagree on the word "easy" ...

math_education.jpg
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have trouble with microwaves with more then minute options , alarm clocks and DVRs .
  • Bonebreaker
    Bonebreaker
    Soul Shriven
    @Gidorick like I said, ESO Launcher is for fog removal, not SweetFX. So I don't understand why you said:
    I use it for the fog removal...
    when I was obviously reffering to SweetFX on the previous page.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick like I said, ESO Launcher is for fog removal, not SweetFX. So I don't understand why you said:
    I use it for the fog removal...
    when I was obviously reffering to SweetFX on the previous page.

Wait... really? Then I am the one that misunderstands... I thought SweetFX did the FOG removal... so it's the launcher that does this? I can remove SweetFX and Launcher will still do this?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Bonebreaker
    Bonebreaker
    Soul Shriven
    Yup =)

Quote from the website of ESO Launcher:
    What's ESO Launcher you might ask?
    It's a program that hooks into The Elder Scrolls Online to do stuff. What kinda stuff? This kinda stuff:
    Increase/Decrease Object Draw Distance
    Increase/Decrease Field of View
    Force All High Quality Models
    Disable Fog
    Enable Stereoscopic 3D
    Enable Shader Filters
    Edited by Bonebreaker on March 21, 2015 6:35PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well shoot.. thanks @Bonebreaker! That's good to know. I guess SweetFX is just that high-contrast filter.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Bonebreaker
    Bonebreaker
    Soul Shriven
    You're welcome! Yep, SweetFX is for post-processing filters and FXAA/SMAA injecting.
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    So I followed the instructions and now my game crashes at startup. With or without RadeonPro running.
    I copied all the SweetFX files in (just like in Skyrim) I can't think of any step oof the guide I missed.

But now it looks like I will have to uninstall and reinstall the entire frickin' game unless someone has a smarter sollution?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I followed the instructions and now my game crashes at startup. With or without RadeonPro running.
    I copied all the SweetFX files in (just like in Skyrim) I can't think of any step oof the guide I missed.

But now it looks like I will have to uninstall and reinstall the entire frickin' game unless someone has a smarter sollution?

What instructions did you follow? And... you can just delete the files you added. Nothing was overwritten.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭

What instructions did you follow? And... you can just delete the files you added. Nothing was overwritten.

The OP's instructions. And yes.. I could delete the files that were added.. if I knew which ones they were.
    I think I managed to remove all the SweetFX files.. but it still crashes.
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Now when I went to launch it using the ESO launcher it wanted to reinstall the game, it can't find my installation. I don't get it..

I put back all the files I removed (in hopes that it was just the SFX files) and still no go..

Ah well 40 gig will only take an hour or so hopefully :/
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP's instructions. And yes.. I could delete the files that were added.. if I knew which ones they were.
    I think I managed to remove all the SweetFX files.. but it still crashes.

Yea... Those didn't work for me either... I did the following

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    this refuses to work.
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    So I reinstalled the game and can now launch. This time I made a backup of the client before fiddling around.

It is the SweetFX that is causing the crash on launch, if I just run eSO launcher it's no problem, but as soon as I add the SweetFX files - crash on launch.

I'm running Win7 64, with a gforce 970. Anyone got any suggestions on how I can get SweetFX to work? :)
  • merwanoreb17_ESO
    I would love to use it but before I even try to mess with stuff like this I just want to know if this is allowed? Can I get banned by using ESO Launcher or Sweet FX?
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    So I reinstalled the game and can now launch. This time I made a backup of the client before fiddling around.

It is the SweetFX that is causing the crash on launch, if I just run eSO launcher it's no problem, but as soon as I add the SweetFX files - crash on launch.

I'm running Win7 64, with a gforce 970. Anyone got any suggestions on how I can get SweetFX to work? :)

OK so.. I tried the SweetFX files from "Neat Perfection" and that worked. Looks very nice indeed and no RadeonPro needed :D
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to use it but before I even try to mess with stuff like this I just want to know if this is allowed? Can I get banned by using ESO Launcher or Sweet FX?

It's allowed
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• DLouis
    DLouis
    Soul Shriven
    I do not know if this is being supported any more but the instructions and pictures do not work and are not the same as what showed up on my computer. The zip files are different in the folder than what the instructions show them to be.
  • SevenPlants
    Does SweetFX only work off DirectX 9? Because I get a significant FPS drop when I force the game to use DirectX 9.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings…

I need serious aid, I have install it and as far I can see very well installation but, when I try to import a preset and when I press the command key I set to on and off the preset I don’t see any difference at all. After importing the preset I have click on the game profile info in the window of RadonPro and apply it as this video showed me.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/wYbYdkYOWJ4/mqdefault.webp

P.s. Please help and thanks
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9a1j1Qr.jpg?1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like those on left.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    I like those on left.

Oh so do I!! I by NO means want fog to go away completely. Contextually for Bangkorai, the ones on the left make MORE sense, being that it's sandy and whatnot.

But SOMEtimes... it makes more sense to NOT have fog. Check out the below screenshots.

A world without fog is stunning!
    NYzbdHI.jpg?1

x88aqmG.jpg?1

e2zJpxh.jpg?1

yngd5Z1.jpg?1

and I took these yesterday:

yRnlwHV.jpg?1

zXW54YM.jpg?1

I actually have 2 icons on my desktop. One for Launcher/SweetFX and one without. If it's raining or looks like a storm, I play the normal ESO, if its a bright beautiful and sunny day, I play with Launcher/SweetFX. I WILL log out of the game and restart the program to get the desired fog. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've just installed esolauncher.
    I think it's a good tool to take beautiful screenshots.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    i've just installed esolauncher.
    I think it's a good tool to take beautiful screenshots.

I agree! I actually didn't know it was the Launcher that removed to Fog until recently. I was under the impression it was SweetFX.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering, is this (and also ESO launcher) compatible for Macs?

I dont exactly have a high end computer to play ESO on, but that fog removal looks amazing, as well as the vibrancy from Sweet FX
    Edited by Sentinel on April 2, 2015 11:26PM