The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Memory Leak Issue

YezYazari_ESO
YezYazari_ESO
Soul Shriven
I decided to finally get back into the game but I was met with a memory leak issue which causes ESO to crash. I tried looking up ways to deal with it but those posts are really old and the things suggested didn't work.
The leak happens regardless of where I am and seems to happen randomly.

I really want to be able to play this game but until there is a way of fixing this issue I can't play any longer than 5 minutes before it crashes. :(
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    How did you validate the leak?
  • YezYazari_ESO
    YezYazari_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It gives me a warning to close ESO because windows is running out of memory. The first time it happened I didn't have a cap on my pagefile.sys which increased to roughly 100gb.

if there are any other ways for me to validate the leak tell me so I can go and check just to make sure.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open Task Manager and see what eso.exe is using. Also after you log in close the launcher if you have it open. TESO will max out at 3 gigs of memory then crash if there is a leak.

How much system memory do you have? If you are running at 4 gigs and at times, without a memory leak, ESO can use over 2 gigs then yes your system is maxing out on memory.
  • YezYazari_ESO
    YezYazari_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have 16gb but I will check to see if it maxes out at 3gigs of memory when I have a chance.

I did notice that when I'm running ESO that my system is using 6 gigs though (not just ESO alone). I also I stopped using the launcher to boot the game after reading some of the old forum posts. but would steam launching ESO directly from the exe cause issues as well?
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Post your system specs including windows version.
    What NVidia driver version?
  • YezYazari_ESO
    YezYazari_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r3.140827-1500)
    System Manufacturer: Razer
    System Model: Blade Pro
    BIOS: 4.6.5
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
    Page File: 7581MB used, 24719MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
    Driver Version: 347.25

Sorry if I missed something important I'm a tad busy atm
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Will it let you disable the Intel graphics GPU? This is a documented bug. Is your windows updated fully? If the hotfix in the link doesn't work you may have to rollback to the Windows 8 Intel graphics driver.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/49139

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-gaming/error-when-running-games-your-computer-is-low-on/eb9ea944-bc56-435a-b89f-f7752d11a091
  • YezYazari_ESO
    YezYazari_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I tried all these things and made no progress. The hotfix refused to install it kept saying that it wasn't applicable to my computer.
    Disabling the intel graphics actually made it way worse and made the memory leak happen faster and rolling back didn't change anything.
    I tried running it in fullscreen instead of windowed (fullscreen)/windowed.

I some how managed to play for awhile the other day without the leak but unsure why that is cause as soon as I got on the next day the issues came back.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Is your game resolution the same as your windows desktop resolution? Does this large leak happen with other games? Does Razer tech support have any driver or bios upgrades?
  • YezYazari_ESO
    YezYazari_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I checked to see that it matches res in fullscreen mode in windowed mode I don't have the option to change it. this leak only happens with ESO.
    Razer has drivers upgrades but I'm unsure about bios
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the game still has a small memory leak but your issue sounds suspiciously like the Intel bug. Try Cleanmem as a workaround and set the task for less than the time between crashes. Submit a ticket to ESO too. They can evaluate your dxdiag and game consultant files and hopefully suggest some other things. Razer tech support may have other ideas too. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    You can also try looking for game engine heap overflows with VMMap.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd535533.aspx
  • YezYazari_ESO
    YezYazari_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Cleanmem is doing wonders thank you.
    I'll try and look into more details about the crashes and I'll submit a ticket so they are aware of the issue
  • powerLevelOver9000
    I am having the same issue

16 GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 - up to date with updates including that August fix for DirectX Intel HD memory issue

GTX 980

SSD, No page file

Committed memory of eso and other applications does not change, total physical memory does not change either, It is just the commit charge, it rises steadly and then crash at 100% in 3-5 min

All other games work fine (including Directx11 only ones)

The funny bit is, I solved this same issue a year ago for my laptop before building this desktop pc, but I can not trace my steps back :(((