The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Access Denied???

tallenn
tallenn
✭✭✭
Why can't I login to the Account section of the web site? There's no option to enter any login information, it simply says, "Access Denied".
  • Swannkyy
    Swannkyy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm logged in and seems to be working fine.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tallenn, maybe clear cookies on ZOS' domains and try again?
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @tallenn ! We see that you were able to log into the website successfully from our end. Are you still having difficulty?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    I tried clearing cookies, but still doesn't work on this PC. I got in on another PC.

I think I once accidentally put in a date that was too soon in the age gate screen. Now, I can't seem to clear it. I honestly don't get the point of the age gate. There's no way to verify the date someone is putting in is in any way true. Plus, you can bypass it for much of the site, simply by putting in the direct address, such as to the forums.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The agegate is simply ZOS ticking regulatory boxes, sadly that's the era we live in.

Getting rid of the cookie you need to is a pain if you don't want to clear all your cookies, I had to do it once and I forget where I found it, it's not at all obvious IIRC.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tallenn In Firefox I've found a cookie called 'age_gate' in the bethsoft.com domain, seems highly likely that's the culprit.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF, I can't edit that last post ... there's also one in the elderscrollsonline.com domain.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    @tallenn In Firefox I've found a cookie called 'age_gate' in the bethsoft.com domain, seems highly likely that's the culprit.

Thanks, that was it!
  • the'Doctor
    the'Doctor
    ✭✭
    West Coast, kicked and No ACCESS since 3-6PM June 8th
    (NOTE - Spectrum ISP) [multi account house hold]

My wife and I were kick off ESO b3tween 3pm and 6 pm June 8th. ISSUES _
    We have error code, we have no play button, cannot access Account
    WE are on West Coast, our family has several account usinf the same router / access.
    there is no information to help us get back on line, WHAT is UP?
    Travel'n Man ~ made a lot of stops
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over four years old we will be closing the thread. You can start a new discussion if there are no current threads on this topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.