Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RP: Main Quest Line

Krist
Krist
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else have more than one character , but only really sees one of their character's as the Vestige?
I leave room that others are a Vestige, a trace of themselves, and that Krist, my Vestige, does not consider himself some kind of hero.

The rp for my other two characters are separate from the main story, though I of course go through the main story quests. I may make a character that avoids it completely if that can work.

How do you rp or just see your characters when it comes to being the Vestige?
Edited by Krist on March 16, 2015 9:53PM
"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
"Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
"That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Generally I would find it difficult to RP in the main storyline, unless they had something where it was a more 'wide-spread' (affected more than one person--like, if everyone in Coldharbor were considered Vestiges) perhaps that may be workable... but in RP, the Vestige would probably a be a legend, similar to the Dragonborn, Neverarine (sp?) and any other 'centered un-named lore hero'. I hope this makes sense?

Generally I would see yourself/other RPers' characters choosing to follow the main story line as one of many assets to this 'mysterious Vestige'. You would never directly speak to him/her. but your actions (stopping the Anchors/etc) could be a great help to this 'Vestige'. Somewhat like the Fighters Guild does.

However, there is nothing that stops someone from writing their own fan-fiction of one of their own characters, of course. It's just very difficult to work with RP-wise and interacting with others, because by the main storyline, we'd pretty much all be this 'Vestige'.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Only my first character is the Vestige, others just do the questline because they have to. If it wasn't a requirement to continue to VR zones, they wouldn't touch it at all. I even started writing down Njall's story without the main quest in it, just as a regular guy from a Skyrim village. I'm toying with the idea of letting him meet Namthe, my Vestige, at some point of his journey.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me being full Ic whenever in game. I dont really consider the main story to have anything to do with my characters. Most of my characters avoid the main story completely. the few who have done small parts of it, go through it not as being THE vestige or a vestige. Just someone who seems fitting to get the job done from the people who asked them.

• SOUVIK
    SOUVIK
    I am playing my character as one who has changed after having Near Death Experience. He was earlier a ruthless assassin who would kill anyone just for gold and the thrill of assassination. But now he has understood the folly of being self centred specially at a time when the world he knows is in brink of destruction. So he considered himself blessed one to be granted a second chance and put his martial experience and talent for greatest purpose as well as at the same time prove the world that the Argonians are not just bipedal beasts or savages but an important and integral part of the world and rightfully deserve same, if not more, respect as other intelligent races.
    Edited by SOUVIK on March 18, 2015 5:50AM
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Very interesting rp methods of working with the main story.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Natasi
    Natasi
    You could imagine that your character was in a coma and that the events of the main story took place inside your head while you were unconscious. Defeating Molag Bal becomes synonymous to overcoming whatever put you in the coma to begin with (a head injury, serious illness, or a spell) and you wake up, ready to play the role of a non-Vestige character but with a really cool dream experience to tell your friends about.
  • michael_bimson
    michael_bimson
    ✭✭✭
    In my case, I consider that there is a major dragon break ongoing during the planemeld and therefore we're all the Vestige living and re-living the same events until the dragon break comes to an end at which point, from then on, there will have been a Vestige but no-one can agree on who it is.