Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Do You Hear What I Hear"

Blade_07
Blade_07
✭✭✭✭
I keep hearing the sound effect that is played when you harvest a rune stone. It happens at random times in any place I am at rather its the forest or a city or in a building. It only plays a little bit of the sound effect not the whole thing. Not a big deal really but I was mainly wondering if anybody else is experiencing this bug?
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this too.

At first I thought it was someone harvesting a rune; since they tend to be somewhat hidden I assumed I hadn't seen it or them.

But it's also happened in places that couldn't possibly happen, places where I have a clear view of everything around me and I'm 100% sure there are no runes or other players.

I can't figure out what's causing it, but it seems to happen everywhere so my guess is it's a bug with ambient background noise.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! And I found where it's coming from. I seen someone gathering resources just over the horizon and it was coming from them. I have super hearing now in this Update.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, mentioned it to guildies and they hear it also.

Nerf hearing please!
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! And I found where it's coming from. I seen someone gathering resources just over the horizon and it was coming from them. I have super hearing now in this Update.

Is this true?!

I could swear it was the Dark Brotherhood stalking me to kill me under the orders of Night Mother.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »

Is this true?!

I could swear it was the Dark Brotherhood stalking me to kill me under the orders of Night Mother.

Could of been coincidence too, but someone was definitely gathering far far away from me at the exact time I heard the sound.

Edit: could be linked to the camera bug that "zips" you across the map when you open your Inventory too. Because I remember opening my some panel and I had that bug happen and the camera started somewhere by where I seen that person gathering resources.
    Edited by DogFaceInBananaPatch on March 15, 2015 11:52PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been reported, but they have not said whether it is fixed or not in the 2.1 patch.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I've noticed that, too, I almost thought it's "just my imagination" lol
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranser, you madman, it's time to harvest this rune.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Said the night wind to the little lamb?"
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • squshy7
    squshy7
    ✭✭✭

This.

It's sad, because new players will not get this joke :/
    In order of conception:
    Castnia Ashwind VR14 Nightblade; original Day 1 Vampire, bloodfiends, not bought. You're probably in my family tree.
    Jul'eh Kaleh VR14 Templar
    Lysnta Ashwind VR14 Sorcerer

Awaken
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    squshy7 wrote: »

This.

It's sad, because new players will not get this joke :/
    @squshy7 , though I haven't been in that area in some time, I'm assuming he finally found time to finish this?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ZOS_BillMueller
    ZOS_BillMueller
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Thanks for the heads up on this. We looked into it and found the issue. We should have a fix out to you guys as soon as a new audio build is pushed live. Thanks again for letting us know!
    Bill Mueller
    Senior Sound Designer
    Staff Post
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Thanks for the heads up on this. We looked into it and found the issue. We should have a fix out to you guys as soon as a new audio build is pushed live. Thanks again for letting us know!

Yay! It's a small thing but oh so annoying!

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice! Thanks Bill. I was starting to think my plate mail was chafing my buffalo shot.

• Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well at least the game runes better now.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A sound a sound!!
    made of stone and light!!

yes i hear what you hear!!!
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also getting sound effects just as I log off 1 character. Just the one and not any of the others.
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• RealRobD
    RealRobD
    ✭✭✭
    This is still an issue right? I'm not the only one still hearing it I hope >.<
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard it at least 6 times in 2 hours of game play last night. It's kind of creepy.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    RealRobD wrote: »
    This is still an issue right? I'm not the only one still hearing it I hope >.<

Yeah, it's still happening. My brother and I tested it. Both were very, VERY far apart and I gathered a rune. He heard it as if he was right next to it. Maybe the currently being deployed patch will fix it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I was going crazy. I'd spin around all paranoid-like trying to find the person popping out a rune right behind me.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I kept hearing it and assumed there was someone harvesting a glyph nearby.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • ihartsnape
    ihartsnape
    ✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Funny, I kept hearing it and assumed there was someone harvesting a glyph nearby.

That's what I thought, haha.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing this too. I was wondering if I had somehow missed Rune Nodes when I hear it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WinterCreator
    WinterCreator
    ✭✭
    I just assumed that the runes made that noise any time you came near one now. Kinda like how the nirnroot makes that doorbell sound XD
    “Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Gwysaria/Ammalthea/Ammanthea
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BillMueller is this still something we can look forward to in a future patch?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_BillMueller
    ZOS_BillMueller
    ✭✭✭
    We don't have an exact date as to when a new audio build will get pushed. We are currently testing some other fixes and optimizations we have been making, and want to make sure those are solid before they go live
    Bill Mueller
    Senior Sound Designer
    Staff Post
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I found this thread. I keep looking around me all the time trying to find out who is stalking me. I'm going to bookmark this.
  • E50x
    E50x
    Soul Shriven
    I was looking to see if any one had heard the unusual sound that I keep hearing it happens every now and then I haven't worked out if there a pattern
    But it sounds like the first Note or two of the minroot chime
    I was wondering if it represents a hidden item
    Like the dagger that rumbles/vibrats in shrimp if you pas a hidden item
    I had something like it on esp a dagger that vibrates so I think it would have been the same but I sold it by mistake and didn't realize :-(