Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Roleplaying at Late Night/Early Morning

SOUVIK
SOUVIK
Hello all! Before creating new character in ESO, I wanted to know the following-
1) How is the overall RP environment in ESO and existence and/or extent of ERP,
2) I am from different time zone and thus I can mainly play at late night and early morning(according to realm time) in weekdays. So I wanted to know is there any chance of having RP experience at that time.
3) Which alliance has most number of active RPers and/or must number of RP event.

I will be really grateful to all of you good people if you please spare your moments to share your experience and insight regarding these.

Hope to meet you in Tamriel!
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    I find a lot of people will have a lot of different experiences with these questions; so I would take most of the answers with a grain of salt. :)

1) How is the overall RP environment in ESO and existence and/or extent of ERP:

Overall, I feel the environment, in my experience, is a rather good one, coming from various MMOs. ERP I haven't seen very much of, but I'm sure it happens in the darker areas and guilds around the RP community; most MMOs with RP have it somewhere.

2) I am from different time zone and thus I can mainly play at late night and early morning(according to realm time) in weekdays. So I wanted to know is there any chance of having RP experience at that time.

In my experience, there can be some, but it really depends on who you know and etc. I think one of the main things to consider here would be NA or EU servers. I'm NA, and I've seen it seldom, but again, depends on who you know/what guilds you know. I would definitely get in touch with TESO-RP.com and look around there. :)

3) Which alliance has most number of active RPers and/or must number of RP event.
    In my experience, Ebonheart Pact. Lots of Dunmer House RP, wars between Ashlanders and the Houses, etc. I haven't seen other factions though.

I know it's only a little, but I hope this helps you a bit. :) I'm on NA, @Shindoku90 if you want to talk more.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • SOUVIK
    SOUVIK
    Thank you very much @PoisonedPaint for your reply As it was very helpful. Actually I wanted to make a comeback in MMORPG but did not want to play WOW again. I am a fan of ES and wanted to play ESO. But I was not sure because of the negative reviews and the frequent comment "ESO is dead!". But hope I will find those not to be true at all. As I have found the forum to be active(may be not s active as WOW but still good).

Hope to have a good time with you all. And any more reply regarding my questions will be more than welcome! :smiley:

• PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    You're very welcome @SOUVIK. The RP community here is very close for certain. It may feel a bit awkward at first because you dont always find it at random, but as you get into meeting more people it should become easier.

As for haters; dont listen. If you yourself have fun, thats all that matters. :3 I wont say this game is absolutely great without flaws, but it ranks high in the multiple MMOs Ive played and RPed in. Ill be reccommending it to friends once B2P comes in.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Dyna
    Dyna
    ✭✭✭
    Echoing what PoisonedPaint said - the game and roleplay scene here are far from dead, definitely take a look at teso-rp!
  • SOUVIK
    SOUVIK
    @Dyna That's really great to hear. I am planning to be part of Daggerfall Covenent. Hope I will be lucky to meet fellow RPers there.

Another question just popped up in my mind!
    Just as in WOW Horde and Alliance players could not interact with each other, is it same here, i.e. memebers of different factions can not meet and chat?
  • Dyna
    Dyna
    ✭✭✭
    @SOUVIK - Unfortunately so. :(

However, with that being said, guilds are account wide, and so cross-faction communication can happen in-guild if nothing else!
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOUVIK wrote: »
    Hello all! Before creating new character in ESO, I wanted to know the following-
    1) How is the overall RP environment in ESO and existence and/or extent of ERP,

I will be really grateful to all of you good people if you please spare your moments to share your experience and insight regarding these.

Hope to meet you in Tamriel!

Have found a few RPers and they were quite good at it, it is refreshing to be honest. I have been RPing since ultima online (online wise) and have seen the increase in ERPers (SWTOR >>) But have only had ONE person pm me for erp since i started to RP at the launch of ESO. The environment is very RP friendly and in fact i RP while walking around and fighting more then i do in taverns. If you are on the NA server feel free to hop over to my thread here and read my latest post. If you wish add me in game as well. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155889/looking-for-rp-partner-na-ad#latest
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • SOUVIK
    SOUVIK
    It has been 3 days I am playing this game and it is really refreshing and entertaining. Glad I did not pay much attention to all the negative reviews about ESO in online forums and the common phrase "ESO_is_Dead"! Hope this remains true after End Game also.

The most exciting thing I found in ESO is random RP, that was really great! :smiley:

I am now running an Argonian Warrior of same name. Will be glad to interact with more RPers in game! :sunglasses: