Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Healer, Spell Damage vs Spell Reduced Cost

Natjur
Natjur
✭✭✭✭✭
Most V14 Templar healers start off using 5 Warlock/5 Seducer set or 5 Warlock/5 Healer sets but I have been trying to look at ways to improve my build.

So I wonder wondering how many went done the Spell Reduced path vs the Spell Damage path. (if you can keep around 50% spell crit)

Now that I have the Monster Helm\Shoulder combo I want, I can no longer keep the 5 Warlock/5 Seducer set or 5 Warlock/5 Healing sets and trying to build up a new set and while I am at it, comparing Spell Damage vs Spell Reduced Cost. Some recommend going full Spell Crit, but its easy to get around 50% spell crit without losing much, so this compare is just straight Spell Reduced vs the Spell Damage.

If your a V14 templar healer, can you post your armour build here and why you went does that path.

• itsBishop
    itsBishop
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why you would want spell damage, unless you rely on Lingering Ritual rather than Healing Springs for your AOE heal (spell damage only affects class heals, weapon affects resto staff heals; though after 1.6 the whole game changes). Are you still having mana issues? If so, go spell cost reduction. Fine on your sustain and would rather boost output? Slap some weapon damage glyphs on your jewels. Pretty straight forward.

Right now I run 5-Seducer/3-Healer/2-Elegant with 2 spell cost reduction jewels and one weapon damage and have no issues in SO during Mantikora/Serpent. The only time I switch back to Warlock is certain situations in DSA where I can't safely use spell symmetry.
    Edited by itsBishop on November 25, 2014 10:15PM
    Purple

World Record SO - 27m 38s
    NA First SO Speedrun Achievement
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really it depends on what you are doing.

Spell Damage is good in situations where Breath of Life is your primary heal. That is usually when the group is spread out like the mini bosses in Hel Ra, Whismother(assuming you don't use a stack strat for that), and Vet Dungeons. On the other hand, weapon damage(until 1.6) is better when you are in an AoE healing situation and need to rely on Healing Springs.

If you use Alpha Tools and Wykkyd outfitter, you can pretty easily swap between them depending on what you are doing.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind I don't have any VR characters, but my current armour sets are Spell/Stam reduction on Jewellery (which in VR would just be Spell Reduction unless I expected to run into undead/daedra) combined with 2 Twilghts Embrace for Spell Crit, 2 Torugs Pact for Spell Damage and 2 Magnus' Gift for Added Magicka. The Crafted Sets allow for some decent playing around. I haven't tried stacking buffs yet but if I did then I'd probably add 2 Willows Path for the added Magicka
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Bogdan's 2 pc, 5 pc Seducer and almost 3pc Relics of Physician (dungeon drop now at V12 in vet dungeons) (need a ring still - it comes in 2 rings and staff for 5% healing increase). Consider switching to healer 5pc instead, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet - like that magicka regen. Edit: forgot enchants: 2 cost reduction and one spell damage.
    Edited by xaraan on November 29, 2014 9:46PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Here is my build i use at the moment. Post is about 1 month old so a bit changed, but basically i am still using the same setup, maybe 1 or 2 other skills.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/templar-healer-build-101/

Warlock set 5x bonus is pretty much useless in PvE. Only good for burst PvP fights.
    Otherwise you are better off with Seducer/Mara/Magnus (whatever reduces cost of spells)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Spell Reduced Cost

The most inmortant thing ever.
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 piece Seducer is mathematically superior to 5 piece Warlock.

Resto staff heals are based off Weapon Damage, not Spell Damage. Most of your healing should be resto staff abilities (with the occasional Templar ability for the burst heals), so spell damage isn't super important.

Reducing your magica costs is very significant. If you can cast 15 abilities in a row versus 10 without having to use a heavy attack, you will be a better healer.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    My setting (weapon swapping changes my equipped set pieces)

Trials:
    Health: ~2750
    Mana: ~2500
    2-3x Healing Mage (2x Yewelry) (Staff)
    5x Seducer
    2-3x Kagrenac's Hope (Staff)
    Yewelry with Spell cost Reduction

Vet Dungeons:
    Health: ~3150
    Mana: ~2450
    2-3x Healing Mage (2x Yewelry) (Staff)
    3-5x Arena (Sword&Shield)
    4-5x Kagrenac's Hope (Staff)
    Yewelry with Spell cost Reduction
    Edited by Shinra on December 2, 2014 10:13AM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a hard cap on spell cost reduction. I cannot, for example, get the cost of Breath of Life below 295.

Anyways, for Templar healers spell damage glyphs gives a significant boost to Breath of Life's side heals, which can go a long way to making it an efficient group healing skill.
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Edited by B11zzard on December 2, 2014 10:37PM

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to get 50% spell crit while also maximizing reduce spell cost. Forget about spell damage.
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Try to get 50% spell crit while also maximizing reduce spell cost. Forget about spell damage.

This.

• Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    Any 1.6 thoughts contrary to the above? Or is reduced
    cost still the way to go? I'm wearing Healer's/Seducer's in a heal/support role.
  • Evaflys
    Evaflys
    ✭✭
    I'm actually wondering about this, too. Right now, I set up my templar healer/dpser to be using a decent amount of spell damage (around 1850 without entropy). However, this involves me putting spell damage on my jewelry. I'm wondering if putting spell reduction cost on jewelry is much better than spell damage on them.

All in all, what would be a decent number for spell damage?
    ~All DC Characters~

Nord Traitor - For the Covenant!
    Esa Wolfsbane - VR16 Nord Templar
    -
    Elsanna Spell-Singer - VR16 Breton Sorceror
    Cornelia Scipionis Alexia - VR 3 Imperial Dragonknight
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    im currently using full spell dmg gear and cost reduction glyphs, can pretty much spam heals for days and they are quite effective too^^ no need for max magicka/spell crit as set boni.

done vet dsa and most of sanctum so..should be fine in any part of the game :)
    Edited by Mantic0r3 on March 10, 2015 4:20AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to post your armour setup post 1.6
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    2pc undaunted (which one changes depending on what dungeon/encounter, lets say engine guardian)
    2pc wormcult
    2pc toruqs
    5pc healer

all max magicka/magicka cost red glyphs
    attr get 20k hp, rest into magicka

other things you could use are adroitness and cyrodils light, even martial knowledge to a certain extand
    as i said just get max spell dmg with whatever gear you have lying around :)
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.6 only made my heals better, no change to armour, jewelry, or enchants :smile:

5/5 warlock/seducer, all light, infused on 3 major, divines on 4 minor, all armour enchants in magicka, all jewelry enchants magicka cost reduction, all attribute in health, ritual mundus.

Works for Vet dungeons, Trials, and PvP.
    Edited by Karamis_Vimardon on March 10, 2015 5:20AM
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    you will need to use way more skills than someone with spell dmg equip to get the same healing=waste of time.

also ritual is a bad mundus since you almost never need a healer to do nothing but healing. Especially in "not so hard" content like vet dungeons if your heal is doing like 1k dps (in 1.6^^) hes just a bad healer, not because he doesnt heal you but he wastes so much potential.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I do use a multitude of skills, because I have the skill to keep track of them and on team mates health bars :wink:

Heaven forbid I use all 10 of my skill slots!
    PC NA

game
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    obviously thats not what i meant... you need 1.5-2 bol to heal same amount as 1 bol from someone with proper gear
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    you will need to use way more skills than someone with spell dmg equip to get the same healing=waste of time.

also ritual is a bad mundus since you almost never need a healer to do nothing but healing. Especially in "not so hard" content like vet dungeons if your heal is doing like 1k dps (in 1.6^^) hes just a bad healer, not because he doesnt heal you but he wastes so much potential.
    Lol Templar Healers do like 8K DPS only using jesus beam now in "easier" content like Vet Dungeons where the Players don't need constant Healing.

• Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

Lol Templar Healers do like 8K DPS only using jesus beam now in "easier" content like Vet Dungeons where the Players don't need constant Healing.

your words agree with me, your tone doesnt so whats your point again? :D
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point is pretty obvious, that 1K DPS as a Templar Healer is beyond bad.

• Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

My point is pretty obvious, that 1K DPS as a Templar Healer is beyond bad.

Or group DPS is that bad. Pick your poison.

If I don't have time to DPS it's because the other DPS is standing or walking where they shouldn't be.
    It's all situational dude, don't call people out when you have no back story

Back on topic: Spell Reduction ftw, spell damage comes from gear

Take the Eyes of Mara set for the best of both worlds
    Edited by Observant on March 10, 2015 3:04PM
    Vehemence
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/5 warlock/seducer, all light, infused on 3 major, divines on 4 minor, all armour enchants in magicka, all jewelry enchants magicka cost reduction, all attribute in health, ritual mundus.
    My healer was the same, but I did change the chest from light seducer to heavy, and the legs from light seducer to medium.

This doubled my armor and spell resistance and gave me the 6% bonus health, mana etc from the undaunted passive.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I have a good number of champion points, I am seeing less need for mana regen and mana spell reduction. (the champion points are doing that for me)

So looking at adding spell damage
    What the best for each slot theses days?

Neck - Adriotness
    Ring - Light Cyrodill Ring (in my dreams but will never see them, so warlock for now)
    Ring - Light Cyrodill Ring (in my dreams but will never see them, so warlock for now)
    Helm - Worm's Raiment
    Shoulders - Worm's Raiment
    Chest - Martial Knowledge
    Hands - Martial Knowledge
    Belt - Adriotness
    Pants - Martial Knowledge
    Boots - Martial Knowledge

Staff - Masters Staff

Or would it be better to add 2 piece Torug's Pact somewhere in the mix?
    Edited by Natjur on March 17, 2015 12:28AM
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    This is what I am using atm.

Magicka - 30K with food and Inner Light (5% + Magicka)
    Health - 22K with food (-800 when shield and -XXX (cant remember) when Masters Sword Equiped)
    Stamina - 8.999K (this Breton probably can't lift a boulder but there is magic!)

Head - Light - Seducer
    Shoulder - Heavy - Monster set for health
    Robe - Light - Seducer
    Gloves - Medium - Seducer
    Sash - Light - Healer
    Greeves - Light - Healer
    Shoes - Light - Seducer

Jewelry X3 - Healer

Staff X2 - Seducer

Edit: I love Ritual of Rebirth but the cast time makes it so situational. But it seems to be the best group heal in terms of heal amount, in my opinion, and especially if your ally are standing in Lingering Ritual. Been looking for ways to add it to my bar in group fights. It is probably more of a Heavy armored templar PVP usefull skill when you are fighting in the frontlines with your fellor warriors, assuming you do not have that many mana to spamm BOL. If timed correctly you can return all your group members to full health with just one burst.

Unfortunately some Restoration staff passives do not affect Templar Restoration line anymore, and vice versa. Probably a good thing.
    Edited by Edhelas_Naven on March 17, 2015 12:50AM
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    *snip*
    *snip*

You can pick these up for about 50K a piece in Cyrodil if you ask in /zone, plenty of people sell their AP. Going rate is currently around 1 gold/6 AP, this is what I have heard from AP sellers.
    PC NA

game