The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you looking forward to 1.6? Or does it give you nightmares?

• wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Actually when testing today, Inferno gave 20% crit as opposed to the 10% from Magelight. They don't stack though, always the highest applies.
    Isn't reflected in the tooltip so I wrote a /bug, but maybe it's intended who knows (wouldn't be nice having guild skills do better than redundant class skills).

Might have to morph to Inner Light IV to see the 20% bonus.

There were so many things I was looking forward to in 1.6 like Burning Spellweave, staves scaling with spell power, no hardcaps. Now spellweave is nerfed, spell power and weapon power are equal now but weapon power can be stacked higher, most set bonuses got nerfed into what they gave when they were overcharged, number inflation...
    Edited by wrathofrraath on February 25, 2015 6:05AM
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurry up and release 1.6! I'm sick of 100% healing debuffs & WoE/ purge bug.
    Sypher wrote: »
    I'll say this, at 70cp I had so much fun pvping.. Even more fun than live.

at 3600cp.. I'm very worried.

I'm just going to stay the hell out of Cyrodiil come 1.6 and carebear it up grinding CP until I want to blow my brains out and then grind some more. Maybe by the time I get a fair number of CP they'll fix some of the more troubling issues I saw in PTS and I can come play again. Who knows, maybe by then Imperial City will be released. At this rate I'm expecting it to be the freaking PvP *expansion* content.

I didn't spend nearly as much time on PTS as alot of people I know, but what I did work with was enough to show me that it would add more fun layers to the game. The specific spec I play isn't at all geared to high dps, but I doubt I'd want to. Anything else would be less fun or boring. I've read up on alot of nerfs, and I honestly don't like alot of them, but they're not a game-breaker for me. I'd look for ways to work around them or work with them. Similar to my job, if I decided to quit every time something came up I didn't like, I wouldn't be there for 10+ years.

There's only one mmo I've played that irrevocably alienated me to the point that I refused to buy any additional content and have barely even logged on over the past year. ESO has absorbed that much of my time. 1.6 is very much a buggy broken mess, but honestly what isn't? People will either have fun with it or do something else, or just learn to shrug it off.

I really do think the champ point system needs to be adjusted similar to Skyrim's leveling system. For leveling your earlier levels started out at 5 skillups=level. Once you hit a certain point you needed 10 skillups. Then when you got even higher it took 20. A staggered tier system of leveling would probably more friendly all around to players and less punishing or grindcentric.

I still don't like the numbers bloat. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe a slight increase I could understand but this is just bloat pure and simple and as far as I've seen has done nothing but open up industrial-sized oil drums full of worms. IMO scrap it entirely, but ZOS seems to be far too invested dto back out now. They'd have to drop release alltogether and an entire months worth of testing. It'd be sink or swim from then on.

The little bit of time I DID do on PTS and pvped some I noticed I got a reasonable amount of champ xp from just pvping. I would say instead of avoiding pvp, embrace it and make it work. Struggle beats stagnation any day and personally it would make for a more challenging style of play than grindtastic grinds.

As much crap as I give you/have given you, I would say keep on trucking. Keep finding new ways to royally *** off your enemy, and your enemy will find more ways to kill you, or make fun of you either way.
  • ghengis_dhan
    ghengis_dhan
    ✭✭✭
    There is no option for "Other" or "Mixed feelings". I'm in the latter.

While I see the benefits of 1.6, some aspects and outstanding bugs bother me.

Just yesterday, I was dueling a Templar and lost all ability to generate ultimate. He must have dropped Ice Comet on me about 6-8 times, while I only had the ultimate I started with. I tried everything thinking they changed the rules: light attacks, heavy attacks, wide range of abilities including healing. Nothing was giving me ultimate.

Fortunately, it seems impossible to kill a sorcerer with all 3,600 CP, so I didn't need ultimate to survive. There were a couple of times I knocked him down, he was at low health, and I could have Soul Assaulted him, but nothing....

EDIT: Personally, I'd like to see ultimate generate like dragon shouts in Skyrim. Wait long enough, and you will get it back. I never really liked how ultimate is generated from combat.
    Edited by ghengis_dhan on February 26, 2015 4:49PM
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
  • pitufo
    pitufo
    ✭✭
    I don´t know, i´m a bit afraid, is it true that with the update all our characters, skills and everythink will be erased...?
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thought of 1.6 going live terrifies me.
    pitufo wrote: »
    I don´t know, i´m a bit afraid, is it true that with the update all our characters, skills and everythink will be erased...?

Absolutely not true. Where did you even read such absurd comments?
    Skills & Attributes get reset, and you get refunded the points to put them back into whatever you want.
    This actually works in your favor because of the amount of changes they're making all in one swift patch.
    Edited by Observant on February 26, 2015 5:55PM
    Vehemence
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pitufo wrote: »
    They will be reset. Any experience gained will remain, you will just have to reassign your attribute and skill points.
  • pitufo
    pitufo
    ✭✭
    Ok, thanks for your response...
    Saludos
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP DK's
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Zos haven't finished balancing or sorting out all of the PvP bugs from their first effort... why would I think a complete game-changing system overhaul would be any different?

I expect months of new bugs and broken mechanics...

A month?? i would say a year at least.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least, the thing that saves 1.6 a bit (for me, just personal opinion) is that my VR14 still mows through hordes of enemies in the VR10 zone like nothing has changed, using the same build and skills as on live :smiley:

That means that, at least, I wouldn't be dying all the time while questing and stuff! :lol:

I tested that by doing the same thing on live and then on PTS, just to get a feeling on how the game-play change.

And also, tested doing the Lost City of Na Totambu (public delve) on Live and then on PTS, and it felt easier on PTS :confused:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no option for "Other" or "Mixed feelings". I'm in the latter.

While I see the benefits of 1.6, some aspects and outstanding bugs bother me.

Just yesterday, I was dueling a Templar and lost all ability to generate ultimate. He must have dropped Ice Comet on me about 6-8 times, while I only had the ultimate I started with. I tried everything thinking they changed the rules: light attacks, heavy attacks, wide range of abilities including healing. Nothing was giving me ultimate.

Fortunately, it seems impossible to kill a sorcerer with all 3,600 CP, so I didn't need ultimate to survive. There were a couple of times I knocked him down, he was at low health, and I could have Soul Assaulted him, but nothing....

EDIT: Personally, I'd like to see ultimate generate like dragon shouts in Skyrim. Wait long enough, and you will get it back. I never really liked how ultimate is generated from combat.

And had that templar used all his CP ?

The not working ultimate gain is a common and game breaking bug that seems to be connected to the passives of the warrior tree...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    release it now, the Unkillable will evolve into something unimaginable. what should i call it in 1.6 guys?
    :)
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TagaParti wrote: »
    release it now, the Unkillable will evolve into something unimaginable. what should i call it in 1.6 guys?
    :)

Sheliza the Immortal
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty worried eh
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    RIP DK's

I beg to differ my friend, DK dps is very much alive and well
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP