Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot edit forum signature: "Images not allowed"

leeux
leeux
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, after the forum change I cannot edit my forum signature... it keeps saying "Images not allowed".

Don't know what it's happening, as I don't have images in my signature, just links to sites (imperial library, a couple of youtube videos worth sharing, and my guilds' sites)

Even if I remove all links to youtube videos, it still keeps saying that Images aren't allowed.

Just in case is not clear: I don't want to embed anything in my signature, just want to put a link in there that points people to stuff.

Like this ->
 ** And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun [url="http://tinyurl.com/l7jd3le" ]>>[/url]

Which is a quote from a Morrowind's book that points to the book on TIL -> http://www.imperial-library.info/content/words-wind

Well, you can see my forum sig on this post, it just contains links to sites... no images.

That cannot be done anymore?

Thanks for any help.
PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @leeux. We check out your signature code, and it looks like the link has successfully been added. We're able to click on the >> and head over to the site you're trying to link. Are you still having issues editing your signature?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @ZOS_TristanK

The thing is that I had my signature setup as it is since before the forums changes... What changes is that now I can't edit it anymore. It just stays as it was, since when I try to save, it gives me that error "Images not allowed".

I normally go back to it and make some edits (for example, when one of my chars raises levels) but now I cannot save the edits. It just gives me that error.

But thank you for your reply, and I know is not a terribly important issue, just wanted to check if it was a known one, and if anyone else was having this problems too :)

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting! Thanks for letting us know! We'll pass this bug up the chain and see if we can't get it resolved for you.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much! :)

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there @ZOS_TristanK

I have new information about the problem!

The cause of the error was the smilie code... it seems that the forums treats the smilies the same as external images, and give the error about not supporting embedded images.

The part of the BBCode that caused the trouble was this:
       [size=1]Breton for life :) [/size]

I removed the smilie code from there and I was able to save the edited signature.

Thanks again for the support!

Best regards,
    Leeux

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! Those tricky smileys. Thanks for the update! We've passed along the new information. :)
    Staff Post