The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do You Actually Like to PvE?

• Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am more than willing to do PvE content to make my character viable in PvP
    I much prefer teaming up with others to take on dungeons and stuff than trying to kill other people. Of course, the fact that I get dead fairly quick in PVP has a lot to do with that. It's hard coming to the game late and entering a world where ninety percent of players are better skilled than me, and have far stronger characters as well. I am glad they are putting the emphasis on PVE because if it was the other way around I wouldn't get anywhere.

Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love both but I can see why people don't want to do PvE, it is already almost a necessity to do lots of it to become more optimal in pvp to get awesome undaunted gear and passives, while meanwhile the "best" pvp gear, which takes maybe an hour or two of farming dee ticks is nowhere near as effective or rare and can be bought for like 1.5k gold in your local guild store
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No and I hate that we are forced to do PvE. Grinding should still be an option and XP gains from PvP should be adjusted.
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    People realize we are on the pvp board, right?

Actually .. No. When you hit the "Recent" button at the top of the page to see the most recent posts, you get posts across all forums, from AvA to crafting to ze bugs. Besides, if this poll was exclusive to AvA people, then the poll is pointlessly biased.. well.. moreso than any forum poll which is only read by 10% of the playerbase who come mainly to complain or rarely ask questions.

If this poll was exclusive to AvA people, we would get their opinion as a result, how is that biased?
    Actually the Yes and No options don't even make sense for players who don't PvP.
    Stop looking at Champion Points like they are something required to compete. they are very minor improvements. They are not like the power of and requirement of hitting level 50 or Vet 14. The Champion system is a long term progression system to reward you for continueing to play. SO play the way you want and do PVP if that is your thing.

If you do feel the need to get them slightly faster in PVE then just mix in the quests from the towns in Cyrodiil. Remember it is a PVP / PVE zone for a reason, and this way you will still probably encounter PVP while doing your PVE grind which makes the PVE much more tolerable because you have to keep watching your back and actually get to fight people. There are also Anchors which are also PVP /PVE hotspots because everyone sees when one is activated.

You have no idea... :neutral:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    I love both PvE and PvP. I do wish we had a more open world though instead of zones.

To bad the PvE is so themeparked with little else to do then quest. I explored every part of the current area's of Tamriel and and PvE is getting old quick. We need more toys. I also love PvP. Cyrodill is big and there is much to explore. I am just disappointed in both PvE and PvP about invisible walls. you find a way up a mountain? Nope invisible wall.

Next they call it Tamriel Unlimited "because of the freedom" or something i read. which Freedom? I had more freedom in Vanguard (RIP) .

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Since I do high end pve and plenty of pvp, I do believe that I should be rewarded more than those players who do just one or the other. Pvp'ers who struggle through normal dsa and vet dungeons should face the same L2P issues I did when I originally made the jump from pvp to pve (and now back again as well).

Likewise, the pve'rs who don't have pvp skills should be weaker than those who have taken the time to earn them, which is why I think those alliance passive bonuses should all apply outside cyrodil and perhaps be even stronger.

Reward players that do both. Each side of the game provides interesting gameplay and makes you a better player, so a little positive reinforcement through gear and character advancement is a good thing.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No and I hate that we are forced to do PvE. Grinding should still be an option and XP gains from PvP should be adjusted.
    Yonkit wrote: »
    Since I do high end pve and plenty of pvp, I do believe that I should be rewarded more than those players who do just one or the other. Pvp'ers who struggle through normal dsa and vet dungeons should face the same L2P issues I did when I originally made the jump from pvp to pve (and now back again as well).

Likewise, the pve'rs who don't have pvp skills should be weaker than those who have taken the time to earn them, which is why I think those alliance passive bonuses should all apply outside cyrodil and perhaps be even stronger.

Reward players that do both. Each side of the game provides interesting gameplay and makes you a better player, so a little positive reinforcement through gear and character advancement is a good thing.

Being good at PvE does not make you good at PvP and vice versa. It may indicate you have potential but that's it really.
    So why should you be rewarded with a stronger char in PvP for doing PvE and the other way around?

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Non-Vet won't free you from the champ point grinders since you can apply champ points as early as lv1. At least that's my understanding.

CPs at Level 1? Ugh, if so I totally misunderstood the CP system. I thought CPs weren't earnable til attaining VR1and it would take 400,000 VP to earn 1 CP.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Non-Vet won't free you from the champ point grinders since you can apply champ points as early as lv1. At least that's my understanding.

CPs at Level 1? Ugh, if so I totally misunderstood the CP system. I thought CPs weren't earnable til attaining VR1and it would take 400,000 VP to earn 1 CP.

You can spend all CP on every one of your characters individually.

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    ToRelax wrote: »
    k2blader wrote: »

You can spend all CP on every one of your characters individually.

Oh, thank you for the info. Well, that's kinda depressing. Then again, if it gets too stupid there will be better things to do with my time.

• Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Being good at PvE does not make you good at PvP and vice versa. It may indicate you have potential but that's it really.
    So why should you be rewarded with a stronger char in PvP for doing PvE and the other way around?

Being good at making money doesn't mean you're good a pvp or pve, so why should those who are good at making money be rewarded by being able to buy stronger loot than they can earn themselves?

How does one measure who's worthy of being rewarded anyways? Is running through cyro with a resto staff leeching AP skilled? Most of us would say no, but you can get a high amount of AP this way. Is farming emp, as this new round of reds and yellows and blues has produced numerous sub-quality emps who can barely stand their own in a 1v1 much less hold a map, the measure of pvp goodness?

Likewise, it's pretty easy to get carried onto the weekly scoreboard (I lead multiple trials a week to get people their spots and yes I carry people) and get your loot, but they were there and they were trying, does that mean they don't deserve the loot?

Being "Good" has nothing to do with getting your loot. I have the #3 vDSA time overall (NA), does that leetness get me the precise master bow? No it does not. Rewards are RNG. All you can do is reward the people who show up, not whether or not they're the best. Therefore, those who show up in more areas of the game get more full rewards. I have enough money for all sorts of potions and food and anything I could need, and I pvp reasonably competently, and I pve at a reasonably successful level too. It'd be nice to see rewards that match those players who excel in multiple avenues, not just stubborn holdouts like Snu who struggled with DSA on normal mode :/ (I was there on those runs)

Edited by Yonkit on February 25, 2015 4:13AM
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, pve sucks bad...
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    Snu who struggled with DSA on normal mode :/ (I was there on those runs)

If you're going to [snip] Snu out about her PvE experiences with this game I feel like I should [snip] you out for getting wiped by EP when you outnumber them 2:1.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 10, 2018 8:10PM
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 my questing. TES4life
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being good at pve lol revolves around learning scripted encounters

Being good at fighting other players in dynamic never repeated fights involves skill.

Whatever bashing was just intended for snu you better repent or face the wrath of the big d swinging thick pipe laying seal team 6er's of DC.

Don't make me come kick in your door at 4 am, disrespect your whole family and shove a banana down your throat to lower those sodium levels.

There isn't any beef but if you want to start a fight for sake of bashing friends, pepper that angus because I will teach you the meaning of talking some ****.

Done playing nice with a lot of yall and taking cheap shots at friends while being sub par dirt stars is bringing me to my limit real quick.

Test me, test my friends. Let's see how ugly we can make this. or, you can apologize and stfu with your try hard 3rd rate dribble
    Edited by Subtomik on February 25, 2015 5:40AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having spent the better part of the weekend nights this last weekend grinding my EP sorc (finally) up to v14 in spellscar, I can safely say NO I DONT LIKE PVE ONE BIT
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Crappy choices. Biased toward PvP.

I'll take option 4: Yes I am more than willing to do PvE content and could care less about PvP or the people who engage in it. Keep them in a separate cage please.

Maybe that will balance things out in your poll.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    I completely burnt out on PVP due to the lag/batswarm/zerg crap. Now I am completely burnt out on PVE due to lack of content, so meh.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Being good at pve lol revolves around learning scripted encounters

Being good at fighting other players in dynamic never repeated fights involves skill.

Whatever bashing was just intended for snu you better repent or face the wrath of the big d swinging thick pipe laying seal team 6er's of DC.

Don't make me come kick in your door at 4 am, disrespect your whole family and shove a banana down your throat to lower those sodium levels.

There isn't any beef but if you want to start a fight for sake of bashing friends, pepper that angus because I will teach you the meaning of talking some ****.

Done playing nice with a lot of yall and taking cheap shots at friends while being sub par dirt stars is bringing me to my limit real quick.

Test me, test my friends. Let's see how ugly we can make this. or, you can apologize and stfu with your try hard 3rd rate dribble

Umm.. say WHAT? Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of bed, stubbed their toe after dropping their glasses under the bed, tripped and fell face-first in the toilet, then brushed their teeth with the brush the scrubbed the tub tile, then went in and burned down the kitchen making breakfast. (Besdes, havent seen you in Chill for a while. DC and AD are now using the 50-100 player zerg to win. No pipes (or skill) included, just an endless sea of kill 10 and 20 take their place.)
    Edited by Darlgon on February 26, 2015 4:57PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like PvE, don't wanna do PvE, but am forced to do so.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Darlgon wrote: »

Umm.. say WHAT? Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of bed, stubbed their toe after dropping their glasses under the bed, tripped and fell face-first in the toilet, then brushed their teeth with the brush the scrubbed the tub tile, then went in and burned down the kitchen making breakfast. (Besdes, havent seen you in Chill for a while. DC and AD are now using the 50-100 player zerg to win. No pipes (or skill) included, just an endless sea of kill 10 and 20 take their place.)

I think he was/is pissed off at one person's post and, like, took it out on everyone, lol. Oh really about chill, the EP there fancy they are skilled?

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently, PVE is, by far, my favorite part of this game.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • MuseTheDrunkenDragon
    Panda244 wrote: »
    roechacca wrote: »
    PVE is not my strong point because I find AI predictable and boring . It's always the same formula . I really wish they never nerfed pvp xp and kill missions after launch but PVE players got upset we were leveling faster . Which I never understood and stated if they nerfed us , we would end up in their pVE zones grinding , which that happened . Now they're nerfing grinding . So PVE players get to suffer the same nerf if they don't want to run trials all day .

Did you just come up with a legitimate explanation to something... @roechacca where's Roe and what have you done with him/her/it?

The OP got me in his fishing guild . I owed him one .

That was days ago and you still haven't added it to your forum signature. It's like you're ashamed of me.
    Well if he adds that to his signature might as well add "Panda's Lover" because we all know that once you go black, you never go black, and I'm black white AND Asian! :sunglasses:
    PVE is not my strong point because I find AI predictable and boring . It's always the same formula . I really wish they never nerfed pvp xp and kill missions after launch but PVE players got upset we were leveling faster . Which I never understood and stated if they nerfed us , we would end up in their pVE zones grinding , which that happened . Now they're nerfing grinding . So PVE players get to suffer the same nerf if they don't want to run trials all day .

Did you just come up with a legitimate explanation to something... @roechacca where's Roe and what have you done with him/her/it?

The OP got me in his fishing guild . I owed him one .

That was days ago and you still haven't added it to your forum signature. It's like you're ashamed of me.
    Well if he adds that to his signature might as well add "Panda's Lover" because we all know that once you go black, you never go black, and I'm black white AND Asian! :sunglasses:

While I'm fond of Pandas , My heart truly goes out to Monkeys .

#12Monkeys
    #SpaceMonkey4Life
    omg-cute-things-111612_01.jpg
    LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also OP, I'd revote but since they didn't you know.. Add that option to polls, well... Things like this ^ happen.

BriskEnviousGraywolf.gif
    this is now my favorite gif
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Don't see why I have to grind and grind only for CP.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 7, 2015 4:58PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    The only PvE I like doing is the quests in Cyrodiil, because it provides the opportunity for impromptu PvP while doing them.

If this game had open world PvP on all maps, then I would enjoy PvE in the other zones.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    i play elder scrolls for the story, the exploration. trying to make the game overly focused on pvp is something i dont like. fact is i wish they had a campaign in cyrodiil that had at least a optional pvp flag, where we could turn off our pvp vulnerability and just quest in the massive landscape largely unexplored due to douchbags with a sadistic streak.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    Realistically, Cyrodiil PvE is the only PvE in the game that actually feels like the Elder Scrolls series to me.

Being attacked by people while I am exploring the countryside, delving in a cave, or doing a quest, and then having to defend myself feels like the highwaymen, bandits and monsters that used to semi-randomly spawn in the one player games.
    It is far more interesting facing off against players than the bore of static mob locations and aggro ranges. It adds life to the empty map and makes me wish that open world PvP had been implemented in the rest of the game.

The other zones do not make sense to me in contrast to Cyrodiil. A mass of zombie-like players killing the same mobs to help the same NPCs with the same tasks.
    Comprehend fully that it is the limitations of an MMO setting that cause it to be that way, but thankful that Cyrodiil at least adds some dynamism to what would otherwise be an uninteresting endeavour.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Explain yourself)
    i play elder scrolls for the story, the exploration. trying to make the game overly focused on pvp is something i dont like. fact is i wish they had a campaign in cyrodiil that had at least a optional pvp flag, where we could turn off our pvp vulnerability and just quest in the massive landscape largely unexplored due to douchbags with a sadistic streak.

Exactly.

I would also give a lot to not have to travel all over heck ... again ...each time I die.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought this game for dat lag free AvAvA I was promised, add in 800ms, constant crashes, bad FPS and now being forced to PvE makes me a happy camper it's going F2P.
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    the only thing i ever heard on this issue from Eso live youtube series has been that

"there are some in pvp that actually do quite well as far as XP goes"-some chick

ZOS doesnt understand that SOME in pvp are probably the hardest ass working PVP players and their efforts in pvp only reflects the casual PVE grinder or quester so this is some straight up BS and ZOS needs to fix as i am tired of PVE always being dealt the better hand

i mean by now with this much neglect as a fan base (no content, ALL lag, etc etc etc) would just vanish by now or boycott this scam artist ass company for taking our money and trying to appease us with crowns for a crownstore on the 17th of this month

NEWS FLASH ZOS

a couple of crowns in the crown store does not equate with a years worth of money we gave you for CONTENT and at the very least PLAYABILITY
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"My lack of control blasted all that you see into terrible existence"

What the hell does that even mean? Are they even trying? Am I really supposed to stand in one place and DPS this stupid glowing ghost for 20 minutes for a chance at a piece of gear that will help me DPS the ghost faster next time so I can finally get invited to the next standing DPS fest for the gear I actually want?

"Turn back!!!" "I'm an ominous sounding spooky ghost just like the 9001 other ghosts festooned all over Tamriel"

Seriously I think I have talked to more ghosts in this game then John Edwards. I don't even pay attention anymore. Just click through the excruciating dialogues and go to spot X on map, press E for a stock animation, then back to spot A.

Yawn. What I would like is a quest where you strap a proton pack to your back and suck up all the ghosts in every zone for good. No, they are not instanced. No most ghosts. For anyone. Forever. ZOS might actually have to write stories based on the lore instead of the "cursed burial shrine" routine over and over again.
    YhGm2wM.png
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 8, 2015 10:45AM