The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac Crashing All the Time!

GreySix
GreySix
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so before 1.6, my dual-processor Mac Pro could run this game for hours with no issue.

Now, it's crashing all the time, and when it isn't crashing, its just locking up. It's not my Mac. It's your patch.

Please fix it, or roll it back to the more stable version.

Thank you.
Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange..... My Mac runs it far better with 1.6. Unlucky m8

But it's not my Mac it's the patch!
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, I had a quite stable and more fluid experience with 1.6.5. Overall FPS actually seems to have increased for me.

But so much depends on where that experience is made in-game. Quickly jumping around in-between areas with a lot of player activity soon leads to memory-related problems. There are a few, but effective ways to alleviate them:
    1. Disable any and all addons, especially if they're not yet updated for the new version. Addons which haven't been brought up to par always were a reliable source of trouble in the past.
    2. Set texture quality to medium or less, view distance to below 40.
    3. When in doubt, start with a low overall graphics quality and tune individual settings up from there, rather than the other way round.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the repair option last night, so we'll see how that works.

It's possible that ESO's lack of dual-processor support (that's processor, not core) is to blame. But its worth noting that prior to the patch, the game ran smoothly on my Mac Pro for hours, at high graphics settings.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Hi GreySix

Dual-processor support was added last year.

Are you playing PVP or PVE?

ESO is probably running out of memory.

Run the activity monitor and look at the CPU tab and the real memory column.
    ESO will crash around 2400. ( this is on 10.10 )

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing PvE. Still crashing after anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes of play. Tomorrow, will remove all add-ons; have only five. Also have the graphics settings to medium.

It's a shame the machine is packing 48GB, and yet still runs out of memory.

Will continue to submit crash tickets whenever they happen, which has been too often lately.

Still, why was everything so nice and stable before the major patch? [shrugs]

If there are specifics you need from my machine, please let me know.

If the crashes can't be prevented, I'll try playing the game on the Windows 7 side (Boot Camp partition). Would rather not go there, but the option does exist.
    Edited by GreySix on March 7, 2015 4:12AM
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Playing PvE. Still crashing after anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes of play. Tomorrow, will remove all add-ons; have only five. Also have the graphics settings to medium.

Still, why was everything so nice and stable before the major patch? [shrugs]

GreySix,

1.6 uses more RAM
    has more graphics etc
    and 46 pages of new features.

Its very possible thats if you are using new features there may be new crashing bugs.

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post