Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP cheaters

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok ZOS, fix this, (Travel to Player) apparently our great and wise pvp players are using (travel to player) to get around not being able to use an alt (different faction) in the same campaign. This apparently has been used for quite some time, all under the radar of the ZOS high command.

I say ban everyone using said cheat/exploit for at least 1 week.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well ty for the links :)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real issue is why they would lock someone out of a campaign based on the campaign choices of an alt to begin with. If you put enough of your toons into campaigns, you are essentially locked out of changing any of them unless you DELETE as that's the only way to drop a campaign outright without changing it (which you can't do if you have all campaigns assigned). Why don't we have a "drop campaign" option?

So while travel to player is a workaround to a number of issues, I think the largest issue it leads to is the bypassing of the population cap, leading potentially to lag. The fact that you can use it to get around campaign restrictions that probably shouldn't be there to begin with is a very minor thing really.
    Edited by redspecter23 on December 9, 2014 11:57PM
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like someone's idea the other day where you remove home and guest and get reward by overall performance of your alliance over all servers. The population will have to spread and pvp will be alive again as it will give pvpers a reason to take control of buff servers. And reduce lag from everyone being on just one server. Leader boards, emperor and pvp buffs will need to be addressed if this ever goes live, and reworked to fit.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    I have this problem.. got alts from all 3 factions in pvp.. except one doesnt even pvp and it locks me out from moving things around... not to mention one of my ep guys cannot switch his guest campaign... it says i can but just doesnt move... so now im stuck where im at... trying to finds guilds or friends i can travel to just to go where the fights are
    Illusions... or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions... from the real illusions, the illusions are created. Within the truth hides the lie... within the lie hides the truth.
    (EP) V13 Sorc "Mukuro Rokudo"
    (EP) V3 Temp "Unmei No Yari"
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why there are restrictions put up in the first place if we can just use the travel to player function to bypass them.

Either remove the restrictions or remove travel to player. I will not accept anything else.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you put enough of your toons into campaigns, you are essentially locked out of changing any of them unless you DELETE as that's the only way to drop a campaign outright without changing it (which you can't do if you have all campaigns assigned). Why don't we have a "drop campaign" option?

Yup, would like to see that too.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More from the "Everything I don't like is cheating" department. News at 11.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More from the "Everything I don't like is cheating" department. News at 11.

Breaking news....
    .... All bridge fight heros banned for cheating.....
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    shouldn't ban people for this... just fix the issue
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brian wheeler posted in another thread that they are looking to get rid of guest and home campaign and give everyone access to all campaigns. this should alieviate the issue and also open him up to closing one of the campaigns to make the pvp atmosphere more competative as there wont be 3 buff campiagnes but 2 for 3 alliances to fight over.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    relax please... its a game that we pay for. we should get to play wherever we want to
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I take offense in calling this a cheat because honestly I don't have a choice but to travel to player in Chillrend for now. I have an AD toon that is pretty much retired. She was my original character I created at launch and got her all the way up to V1 by June. I also brought her in to aVa for like a second and now she assigned to a campaign. She is level 50 in all crafting except Alchemy so there is no way I am deleting her.

All my other toons are now EP since that is where my guild is factioned. For a while, the secondary campaign du jour was Haderus. So I moved Rhylanna to Chillrend and guess what? Secondary campaign du jour changed to Chillrend! I have no choice but to travel to player for this because when TB is horribly full they bounce around from campaign to campaign. I am stuck!

If ZOS were to come up with a way to completely remove my toon from having any sort of home campaign I would do it.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on March 3, 2015 5:14PM
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Exploiters will exploit as long as there are exploits to be exploited." - Panda 244, 6th Century BC - Present.
    Edited by Panda244 on March 3, 2015 5:06PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually working as intended, since they rate playing with friend/guildies pretty high. Check asnwers from latest ESO Live.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.