The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Think It's Time to Reintroduce Ground Oil

• sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Gooey wrote: »
    The fact that ZERGING is now the #1 way to play PvP is ridiculous. We all know that the only way to beat these huge zergs with smaller numbers of players was to bring them into a choke and oil them. If not oils, put something into the game other than the detonation skill from the alliance war skill line, that skill is absolutely terrible for what you wanted it to do.

P.S. If your an EP zerger don't comment on this thread.

oh yeah but only if it did double the damage to the person using it.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like to throw it in here that I miss ground oil. =p
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do you feel was the best ground oiler?

I think if the new AvA detonation skill did more damage it might have the desired effect.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly in my opinion the detonation power will be a Zerg killer yes one person using it will only do 5000 damage on the PTS but when you get four or five people running in which they will more than that will have it then it will absolutely nuke people in tight large groups. He'll just three people using it will plus the normal seige damage you take when storming a breach I really think zerging in a keep will die.

You can't have one playing wiping whole groups solo with this power that was the problem with ground oils I would always stealth behind a group and drop grounds when they start to take a flag pour > mist form > pour > mist form it was completely normal for my kill counter to hit tripe digits in a few minutes even when solo.

If they brinb back ground oils I will just being back my solo vampire 1vA wipers it would work wonders without forward camps
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that ZERGING is now the #1 way to play PvP is ridiculous. We all know that the only way to beat these huge zergs with smaller numbers of players was to bring them into a choke and oil them. If not oils, put something into the game other than the detonation skill from the alliance war skill line, that skill is absolutely terrible for what you wanted it to do.

zerging......yeah, a war where people fight along side one another......... unfathomable!
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭

i think you are a A.D player whos only way at stopping the EbonHeart Pact was by putting 9 oil on the floor or camping in a tower.

I am indeed a master AD player... When oils existed Ebonheart was a nonfactor because they had no guilds, no numbers, no skill. I think you are an EP player that can't accept the truth that you have larger numbers.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have it half right we had no guilds, or skills and when AD would death port 100 people by burning 5 forward camps we had no chance vs a Zerg that could almost be everywhere at once without your forward camps your zergs had to ride horse back

When we had to hold keeps while vastly outnumbered y'all zerged and when y'all couldn't have a 100 men army across the map in seconds our defensive and offensive skill only got better.

It's laughable that you think we have outnumbered y'all for six straight month and the whole campaign gets pop. Locked nearly every night unless you were suggesting that our population cap is higher
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

Add a new mechanic to sieges.

Fire Sieges: A new damage over time effect on all players hit by the siege. This damage over time deals damage to all targets in a 8 meter radius. If an ally who is not on fire enters into this range they will also catch fire. If purged before duration ends then targets that was on fire explodes for a small amount of damage. These damage stacks with itself though only 1 fire per target. This means if 50 targets are near each other they will be taking 50 times the fire damage.

Lightening Siege: A new Chain Lightening effect is added. A small lightening bolt is shot out of each player that is damaged from the lightening siege. This bolt bounces between allies and each ally it hits increases its damage and size. Can not be blocked or dodged. Only way to avoid is to out of range (scatter).

Poison, meatbag, ice all have similar type effects.

=========================================
    =========================================

Guards:
    Guards have more AoE attacks that have no target cap.
    Guards get increased damage/damage mitigation depending on number of allies/enemies in area.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Removing ground oil was one of best moves ZOS ever did. Only full baddies unable to play on their skills could ask to bring it back. L2p and stop whining for op tool to do the work for you.
    Edited by Gravord on March 3, 2015 2:55PM