The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Video | Princess Asgari - The Return

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I hate most about your videos @Princess_Asgari is the lack of editorial presence. From watching it appears to me that you just threw together a bunch of "filler" clips together and made a movie and called it a PvP video.

When I made my videos I literally discarded somewhere between 95-98% of my footage, not because it showed some lack of skill on my part or mistakes or anything but because after watching it I found it to be uninteresting, or I couldn't really pick out exactly what my contribution was. This is why I avoid footage that includes other members of my alliance for the most part, because it is hard to determine for the watcher exactly what the person he is watching is responsible for. Streaking through hordes of players with groups of other players around in a melee is good zerg-fighting strategy but it isn't particularly interesting or noteworthy and it really doesn't show skill.

Now I know you're a skilled player and we have *very* different playstyles but this video could be an average day in cyrodiil for me or any other skilled sorc out there. The reason so many sorc videos show the sorc streaking away is because we're trying to set up a situation where it is possible to kill as many players as possible by ourselves. Trying to set up these scenarios are far more difficult to achieve than actually doing it.

I'm not trying to be insulting, just offering up some constructive criticism. Perhaps some people enjoy these style of videos but there is very little of note that I see that makes me want to keep watching for more. I did like the purge of Soul Assault at least, still too few people realize you can do that (=

While you worry about terrible cinematic presence i will continue to actually be a threat on the battle field and kill opponents without having to resort to Bol away 20+ times and rinse and repeat. I don't recall saying my sorc is the greatest sorc NA. People asked for a sorc video so i gave them one.

There are zero sorcs posting videos using a play style like mine so i figured it would be a nice change. Im not sure if it is because you fee threatened that after even a longer break than you on sorc i am still better or if is because you cant play like this?

I do appreciate that you took the time to make such an elaborate post and add in the "im not trying to be insulting" garbage, but your entire post is nothing more than a failed troll; similar to how you play on the field. Open world PvP im more concerned about Crystallized and Anon and Killer Wizard than i am about coming across you. I know that 1 mages fury and you will be running across the map.

No disrespect of course. :wink:

p.s. its a PVP video, Not a cinematic trailer for "How to run from a fight". I claimed no 1vX or XvX, just random fights over the past 2 weeks of me playing the sorc again.

again no disrespect. :smile:

i have to agree with Ezerath on this one, more editting would have been helpful to your video. and damn subtomik take a chill pill lol. the thing is Asgari, this just looks like 99% of pvp videos out there, it just needs some personality behind it. thats my constructive feedback. good video, fun to watch you be tools to m'sargo lol.

Is Princess_Asgari = Subtomik? Or am I missing something here? That would explain a lot I suppose.

sub basically said you were a has been in many many choice words, paragraphs long, lol. now you know.

edit, see that sypher already said that :pensive:

They were choice words indeed haha. Someone actually provided me a screen shot of what he said a bit later. I have a friend who is prone to similar....outbursts. I think I probably trolled that guy a little too hard and the wheels just came off. I'm going to miss my #1 Fan Boy....I'd appeal his ban if I thought it would do him any good. I bet if we ever played together he'd actually enjoy my company.

He isn't banned. Didn't even get a warning. He is however on an irl vacation so I'm sure he will be more than happy to continue putting you in your place once he's back. :smile:

Good luck in 1.6 with ur build. I'm sure it's going to work very well for you :relaxed:
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I hate most about your videos @Princess_Asgari is the lack of editorial presence. From watching it appears to me that you just threw together a bunch of "filler" clips together and made a movie and called it a PvP video.

When I made my videos I literally discarded somewhere between 95-98% of my footage, not because it showed some lack of skill on my part or mistakes or anything but because after watching it I found it to be uninteresting, or I couldn't really pick out exactly what my contribution was. This is why I avoid footage that includes other members of my alliance for the most part, because it is hard to determine for the watcher exactly what the person he is watching is responsible for. Streaking through hordes of players with groups of other players around in a melee is good zerg-fighting strategy but it isn't particularly interesting or noteworthy and it really doesn't show skill.

Now I know you're a skilled player and we have *very* different playstyles but this video could be an average day in cyrodiil for me or any other skilled sorc out there. The reason so many sorc videos show the sorc streaking away is because we're trying to set up a situation where it is possible to kill as many players as possible by ourselves. Trying to set up these scenarios are far more difficult to achieve than actually doing it.

I'm not trying to be insulting, just offering up some constructive criticism. Perhaps some people enjoy these style of videos but there is very little of note that I see that makes me want to keep watching for more. I did like the purge of Soul Assault at least, still too few people realize you can do that (=

While you worry about terrible cinematic presence i will continue to actually be a threat on the battle field and kill opponents without having to resort to Bol away 20+ times and rinse and repeat. I don't recall saying my sorc is the greatest sorc NA. People asked for a sorc video so i gave them one.

There are zero sorcs posting videos using a play style like mine so i figured it would be a nice change. Im not sure if it is because you fee threatened that after even a longer break than you on sorc i am still better or if is because you cant play like this?

I do appreciate that you took the time to make such an elaborate post and add in the "im not trying to be insulting" garbage, but your entire post is nothing more than a failed troll; similar to how you play on the field. Open world PvP im more concerned about Crystallized and Anon and Killer Wizard than i am about coming across you. I know that 1 mages fury and you will be running across the map.

p.s. its a PVP video, Not a cinematic trailer for "How to run from a fight". I claimed no 1vX or XvX, just random fights over the past 2 weeks of me playing the sorc again.

i have to agree with Ezerath on this one, more editting would have been helpful to your video. and damn subtomik take a chill pill lol. the thing is Asgari, this just looks like 99% of pvp videos out there, it just needs some personality behind it. thats my constructive feedback. good video, fun to watch you be tools to m'sargo lol.

Is Princess_Asgari = Subtomik? Or am I missing something here? That would explain a lot I suppose.

sub basically said you were a has been in many many choice words, paragraphs long, lol. now you know.

They were choice words indeed haha. Someone actually provided me a screen shot of what he said a bit later. I have a friend who is prone to similar....outbursts. I think I probably trolled that guy a little too hard and the wheels just came off. I'm going to miss my #1 Fan Boy....I'd appeal his ban if I thought it would do him any good. I bet if we ever played together he'd actually enjoy my company.

He isn't banned. Didn't even get a warning. He is however on an irl vacation so I'm sure he will be more than happy to continue putting you in your place once he's back. :smile:

Good luck in 1.6 with ur build. I'm sure it's going to work very well for you :relaxed:

Yeah 1.6 is going to suck for sure but it's going to suck worse for the build in your video than my build. No ultimate gain for streak and the loss of a ton of mitigation, the insanely increased stamina costs mean that any sorc trying to streak through a group is going to get cut down easily. My build will lose a ton of survivability and sustainability but I'll gain some damage with Crystal Fragments + Power Overload + 100% Penetration. Overall it's still a net loss to me though.

Everyone has to change it up sometimes. I'm sure I'll find something equally as annoying although probably not as fun to play.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah 1.6 is going to suck for sure but it's going to suck worse for the build in your video than my build. No ultimate gain for streak and the loss of a ton of mitigation, the insanely increased stamina costs mean that any sorc trying to streak through a group is going to get cut down easily. My build will lose a ton of survivability and sustainability but I'll gain some damage with Crystal Fragments + Power Overload + 100% Penetration. Overall it's still a net loss to me though.

Everyone has to change it up sometimes. I'm sure I'll find something equally as annoying although probably not as fun to play.

Actually my build only needed two changes; 1 skill change and 1 staff change. I won almost every duel I had with the setup the only times I lost was to a certain setup DKs can use.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually my build only needed two changes; 1 skill change and 1 staff change. I won almost every duel I had with the setup the only times I lost was to a certain setup DKs can use.

Come now, we both know that Duels != Real PvP and if you're talking about 3600 CP duels those are meaningless anyways.

How well do you think you're going to do with 4-5 people targeting you and you can't hold block or barrel roll for fear of losing your entire bar of stamina in moments and not having enough to break free with?

I won most of my duels as well and that was using my old build and template gear but that didn't really mean much to me other than I noticed the extreme volatility of damage in 1.6

With my playstyle in group play I can still play on the edges of combat and get targeted by less people and thus survive. To use streak you're going to have to expose yourself to multiple targets which to me has always been a weakness without a tradeoff.

I'm not saying anything against *your* playstyle or anything, I'm just saying a Sorc standing in the thick of it in light armor is asking to get bent over in 1.6.

Either way, I'm going to have to make some significant changes for sure. I have a feeling you're going to have to as well.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm excited about working lightning splash into the build (I actually think it will be a lot better for some situations than WoE was); it is really nice being able to drop it from range. With a few more changes to my current build I was able to hit >25k aoe dps in spell scar (things die too fast to get a good sustained number); so in the aoe dps department it def got a buff. Single target not so much but encase + liquid lightning will probably be enough to get most people to start roll-dodging and go defensive.

As far as survivability goes... as long as people are popping off ~40k+ wrecking blows (I'm looking at some special NBs out there), I think the difference between mag builds will be a moot point.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used 70 cp and 3600. Made no difference in the fights I had. I participated in the extended test for the server and multiple 1v1 and 2-3v2-3 fights. Staves give you the range needed and the dos is still there to kill a target quick. Even with 70 I can roll dodge 4 times which is the same on live.

Don't forget if you play offensively you are receiving heals within the fight from outside sources. If you are playing defensively and staying out of the fight you won't get as many heals. I'm sure as I get more CP the build I'll be using for 1.6 will get even better. Plenty of players complained about how effective it was and obnoxious to deal with.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it should ever be a case of "this build is better/worse than this build" Builds are just different but all have their merit on the battlefield.

As far as the video itself, I personally enjoy seeing the "less optimal" moments as that gives me a better gauge of a players skill and seeing this has definitely given me some more ideas on what to do with my sorc when he's all grown up.

With the skill you have Asgari I would like to see you take on build challenges to highlight some of the various ways one could be effective with different builds. Nice video and the meteor was assume.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used 70 cp and 3600. Made no difference in the fights I had. I participated in the extended test for the server and multiple 1v1 and 2-3v2-3 fights. Staves give you the range needed and the dos is still there to kill a target quick. Even with 70 I can roll dodge 4 times which is the same on live.

Don't forget if you play offensively you are receiving heals within the fight from outside sources. If you are playing defensively and staying out of the fight you won't get as many heals. I'm sure as I get more CP the build I'll be using for 1.6 will get even better. Plenty of players complained about how effective it was and obnoxious to deal with.

Well I'm glad you've found something you're happy with, I don't doubt you're doing well with it.

I was only able to dodge roll twice with 70 (no reduction CP though) from what I recall, I'll have to test it again tonight. I know on live I can get 4 or 5 dodge roll during a fight and do more if I pop a Tri-stat when needed. During the earlier PTS when actual PvP was happening my stamina was draining noticeably faster to the point where it was prohibitive for me to block even with my Sword and board and a dodge roll meant I didn't have enough stamina for break-free.

On PTS I play under the assumption that I rarely need heals, my "Health" is my damage shields. Once those are down I'm subject to crits and crit damage and will die very quickly. With light armor, even with a shield in 1.6 you're being fully penetrated by pretty much everyone so your health pool is like a weaker version of a damage shield. Crystal Framents, Entropy (if you run it) and Healing ward are more than enough for me to remain topped off (while magicka/stamina hold at least).
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick few questions:

1. Why does it matter if @ezareth_ESO or whomever else uses BOL to blink away X amount of times? Is it not strategic to try and re-frame a fight on terms more favorable to you? is it not smart to blink away from a situation where your vastly outnumbered instead of sticking around to fight on terms that are not exactly favorable to you?

2. @Princess_Asgari has a very viable playstyle in their own right. Sure its different then some, but no less any better or worse. It's done very well obviously with all the kills being racked up. Perhaps i see Streak and Ball of Lighting different then most. Ball of Lighting creates a 360 degree shockwave that stuns all those around you "before" you port forward and creates the ball. Streak on the other hand only stuns those "in a direct line" in front of the caster from start to end" . Ball of Lighting is 100% a defensive ability since it has a stun behind the caster making it a more complete escape, with Balls that absorb spells. Streak on the other hand is 100% more offensive and can be used to damage and stun multiple targets and play much more of an offensive game and apply pressure to your opponent.

There are pros and cons to both of these styles, but to critique one over the other isn't necessarily fair. When i started, i used Streak up until about late June, After watching a few of Ez's vids, and evaluating my own defensive play style, i decided to go Ball of Lighting and have been using it exclusively since then. I didn't just hop on the BOL train one day haha

For a player who is more offensive and aggressive in nature, Streak is absolutely better for that play style. I liked watching Asgari's Sorc vid, its a very aggressive in your face play style for a Sorc and Streak makes sense and is used to very great effect. That playstyle wouldn't work very well with BOL as its not suited to it. Im just asking can we please not be so quick to criticize the use of one skill or the other.

Regardless, Great Vid Asgari! Top notch performance as always, and i gotta admit, the way you just dive right in...Nerves of Steel right there, Nerves of Steel. :)

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well I'm glad you've found something you're happy with, I don't doubt you're doing well with it.

I was only able to dodge roll twice with 70 (no reduction CP though) from what I recall, I'll have to test it again tonight. I know on live I can get 4 or 5 dodge roll during a fight and do more if I pop a Tri-stat when needed. During the earlier PTS when actual PvP was happening my stamina was draining noticeably faster to the point where it was prohibitive for me to block even with my Sword and board and a dodge roll meant I didn't have enough stamina for break-free.

On PTS I play under the assumption that I rarely need heals, my "Health" is my damage shields. Once those are down I'm subject to crits and crit damage and will die very quickly. With light armor, even with a shield in 1.6 you're being fully penetrated by pretty much everyone so your health pool is like a weaker version of a damage shield. Crystal Framents, Entropy (if you run it) and Healing ward are more than enough for me to remain topped off (while magicka/stamina hold at least).

It took some working with enchants and various sets but you can still mix max your pools and have the regen needed to roll 3-4 times. My enchants are a little different now since armor is so low on LA and the enchants got nerfed.

MrGhosty wrote: »
    I don't think it should ever be a case of "this build is better/worse than this build" Builds are just different but all have their merit on the battlefield.

As far as the video itself, I personally enjoy seeing the "less optimal" moments as that gives me a better gauge of a players skill and seeing this has definitely given me some more ideas on what to do with my sorc when he's all grown up.

With the skill you have Asgari I would like to see you take on build challenges to highlight some of the various ways one could be effective with different builds. Nice video and the meteor was assume.

I am hoping i can make different play style videos in 1.6 but we shall see. I wanted to pre 1.6 but didn't have the time. The way the champion system is set i may have to wait a bit to start on it. I will need the initial 70 CP to focus on one build and then as i earn more i can broaden the builds.

woodsro wrote: »
    Just a quick few questions:

1. Why does it matter if @ezareth_ESO or whomever else uses BOL to blink away X amount of times? Is it not strategic to try and re-frame a fight on terms more favorable to you? is it not smart to blink away from a situation where your vastly outnumbered instead of sticking around to fight on terms that are not exactly favorable to you?

2. @Princess_Asgari has a very viable playstyle in their own right. Sure its different then some, but no less any better or worse. It's done very well obviously with all the kills being racked up. Perhaps i see Streak and Ball of Lighting different then most. Ball of Lighting creates a 360 degree shockwave that stuns all those around you "before" you port forward and creates the ball. Streak on the other hand only stuns those "in a direct line" in front of the caster from start to end" . Ball of Lighting is 100% a defensive ability since it has a stun behind the caster making it a more complete escape, with Balls that absorb spells. Streak on the other hand is 100% more offensive and can be used to damage and stun multiple targets and play much more of an offensive game and apply pressure to your opponent.

There are pros and cons to both of these styles, but to critique one over the other isn't necessarily fair. When i started, i used Streak up until about late June, After watching a few of Ez's vids, and evaluating my own defensive play style, i decided to go Ball of Lighting and have been using it exclusively since then. I didn't just hop on the BOL train one day haha

For a player who is more offensive and aggressive in nature, Streak is absolutely better for that play style. I liked watching Asgari's Sorc vid, its a very aggressive in your face play style for a Sorc and Streak makes sense and is used to very great effect. That playstyle wouldn't work very well with BOL as its not suited to it. Im just asking can we please not be so quick to criticize the use of one skill or the other.

Regardless, Great Vid Asgari! Top notch performance as always, and i gotta admit, the way you just dive right in...Nerves of Steel right there, Nerves of Steel. :)

In a solo situation i understand the need for defensive play style as riding over and over can become annoying. however, it is a game and dying is apart of it, so if you don't push your offensive limits you wont learn how to have better situation awareness that will help you in those times where you should switch to a defensive style.

im still 50/50 in 1.6 if i would use BoL but as of now im still going to stick with streak. I don't like leaving a trail of peanuts for the enemy to follow me if i do need to leave the area. Especially, with how effective stam builds are now and their gap closers reach much further than my streak or BoL can go.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy