Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much would you pay for a DLC Arena?

Brizz
Brizz
✭✭✭✭
If Zenimax were to release a queue system arena (2v2, 3v3, 5v5 - 2v2v2, 3v3v3, 5v5v5) how much would you pay for it?

ps this is strictly for the players that WANT an arena mode... all you negative nancies that want to zerg around and PvDoor can climb a tree. :)
Edited by Brizz on February 28, 2015 7:35AM
:.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv

How much would you pay for a DLC Arena? 62 votes

< $5.00
24%
cozmon3c_ESOjoshisanonymousJandokwisatzThe_SpAwNjcnetoZershar_VemodShareetechnohicHuckdabuckHermodMinscArtemiisiaFruitdogDaggerfallTradeMasters 15 votes
$10.00
25%
SythiasWraithAzraielrich.magab14a_ESOTheVindelatorCinnamon_SpidergresiacPanda244DeLindsayFarorinSuntzu1414NightSkypppontusmarfiaTherrusDWulverinePot_Noodles 16 votes
$20.00
22%
bosmern_ESOWolfaenTheLawmyrrrorb14_ESObeautycutie87dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESOShadowWolf613macabrexAzarath_tiberiusKolokiIyasDaveheartJbugz97Ballzy321 14 votes
> $30.00
27%
HeroOfNoneKasBugCollectorSypherTheBucketShunraviLhorionGravordSoulacjsalit5149SacadonBrizzSorisyiunkoTomsyGyudanKuro1n 17 votes
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    ...yes. I want it that bad.
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fifteen dollars a month.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    Pay... once ore each month?
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    $20.00
    I'll be paying the sub, but I'd die for an arena system.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZERO. Games free haven't you heard.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    ZERO. Games free haven't you heard.

Lol. Arenas wouldn't be for everyone obviously. That's why I think it would be great for an optional DLC content.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    > $30.00
    Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars_zps107ab072.png
    Wololo.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    Would make the game better!
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    At this point I don't even give a ***. If they implement it then fine, although I think it should be connected to Cyro somehow. I wouldn't mind paying a bit for it because otherwise we are NEVER going to get it.

Relevant: :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay anything. Not interested in PvP.
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

So why are you even commenting here dude?
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    At this point I don't even give a ***. If they implement it then fine, although I think it should be connected to Cyro somehow. I wouldn't mind paying a bit for it because otherwise we are NEVER going to get it.

Relevant: :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8_KGHqmO4

omg .... so funny i cried with him
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    > $30.00
    I'd give my next paycheck to zos for an arena system, trolololo
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20.00
    I would pay $20+, but that would include the Arena, Arena achievements/titles, leaderboards, ranked and unranked Arenas, and that you can fight people of the same faction in it.

~Thallen~
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    ... per weekend
    Edited by Kas on March 2, 2015 11:33AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

Depends on how it is implemented. Most MMO Arenas are pretty bad. The Arena that was at the last event was utter crap IMO with how it was implemented.

Type of Arena I would pay decent for:

Rule 1: Limited death per team. Each team gets a set limit of revive's which have to be preformed by allies.
    Rule 2: Its fight to the death and last team standing takes all.
    Rule 3: An Arena wide dot that that deals 0 damage per sec when player is active and scales up to a massive dot if inactive. Active is based on actual engaging the enemies and entering combat.
    Rule 4: Last team standing gets a treasure chest in center of arena.

Arena Battle Maps:
    These are random and there are many different map types. These can be taken from current in game maps and just copied and slightly modified for Arena use.

Types of Maps:
    Towns:
    Cities:
    Dungeons:
    Ruins:
    Open World:

The above are what are already in the game so just copy the area and slightly modify it. IE: remove doors, limit size, remove npcs, etc).

In other words something similar to shooter games maps instead of the boring same normal arena/bg maps that MMOs get. (note that i do not play shooters).
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    < $5.00
    I wouldn't pay for it at all, but that option was missing.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    < $5.00
    Brizz wrote: »
    If Zenimax were to release a queue system arena (2v2, 3v3, 5v5 - 2v2v2, 3v3v3, 5v5v5) how much would you pay for it?

ps this is strictly for the players that WANT an arena mode... all you negative nancies that want to zerg around and PvDoor can climb a tree. :)

Lets look at this differently shall we, most of us who pvp now have been paying since launch. which means we have put over 100 dollars into this game to pay for the priveledge of playing in a broken laggy cyrodiil. So i think you forgot to had pay 0 dollars for the next year for new pvp content, i mean its only fair and looking at it we have pretty much already payed for it.
    Watch this post get censored too, seems like the forums has turned into a Naz'i censoring house from hell.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on March 2, 2015 5:08PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    Sharee wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay for it at all, but that option was missing.
    Tankqull wrote: »
    nothing
    ...This forum is not for YOU! /downvote!
    Brizz wrote: »

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    < $5.00
    Tankqull wrote: »
    nothing

How much can I pay to keep it out?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would I pay for a feature which only serves to show everyone how terribad my ESO skills are? :'(

But seriously, I wouldn't price it higher than $20.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $10.00
    I would've paid for it a while ago, just because I want everything there is in a game, no matter how boring it is. But if they release it as a DLC I won't buy it because.
    1. Should of been in game at Launch
    2. More AP in large battles in Cyrodiil
    3. More fun in Open-World PvP
    4. More fun Sap Tanking zergs
    At least imho, depends on how it's implemented if they ever release it, if it costs more than $10.00 then they can take the lint in my pocket and this!
    jackass-3d-2_480x270.jpg
    Edited by Panda244 on March 2, 2015 11:05PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    $20.00
    Arena would draw so many more people to this game
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    > $30.00
    Ballzy321 wrote: »
    Arena would draw so many more people to this game

It would create so much hype because streamers would finally be able to stream some competitive pvp that people would love to watch.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20.00
    I used to be against it but the constant zergs are getting frustrating.
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on March 3, 2015 4:25PM
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    $20.00
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

What?! Where's my LOL button?!? Then why are you in the PvP subforums? Wtf!

/smh
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $10.00
    Rylana wrote: »
    Fifteen dollars a month.
    I see what you did there and now I want to change my vote lol.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    < $5.00
    Draw people in? Seems like it happens every time. Everyone wants it until they find out that their class is not the best for small scale PvP where the balancing issues get magnified. Then it is made worse when they start trying to balance for the smaller scale arena and often winds up with terrible unintended powers in the large group PvP. Next thing you know, people start leaving because of balance issues one way or the other until you are left with a population that will only support small skirmishes.

Maybe its just from past bad experiences but I seriously do cringe when I see the idea tossed around.
  • beautycutie87
    beautycutie87
    ✭✭✭
    $20.00
    It would be a big draw, I have a feeling whenever they decide to release the Imperial City, which is supposedly done, I would pay per session for sure.