Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Writs Exp

Kupoking
Kupoking
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if they upped crafting writs exp on PTS?

I would be sweet if it would generate enough exp to help with leveling CPs. Would make sense to crafters
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as of 1.6.2, but I haven't checked since. It's still an absurd 499 XP at max Crafting Rank. Crafters, Gatherers, Legerdemain and PvP are getting the shaft in 1.6 in regards to XP > CP.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 28, 2015 6:51PM
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't sound like we are getting much. The CP grind is being set very HIGH on purpose I suspect.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the 'Ask Us Anything' thread:
    Here are the questions that we answered during the February 27th episode of ESO Live! Keep them coming.

How is a VR14 character supposed to earn XP for the Champion System when they’ve completed Cadwell's Silver and Gold already? – LonePirate
    There are a number of ways to earn XP in the game other than questing—killing monsters, going through dungeons, finishing Crafting Writs, participating in the Alliance War, etc. There are also repeatable quests, such as those from Cyrodiil and from the Undaunted.

They probably don't even know that writs xp is bs ...
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Here are the questions that we answered during the February 27th episode of ESO Live! Keep them coming.

How is a VR14 character supposed to earn XP for the Champion System when they’ve completed Cadwell's Silver and Gold already? – LonePirate
    There are a number of ways to earn XP in the game other than questing—killing monsters, going through dungeons, finishing Crafting Writs, participating in the Alliance War, etc. There are also repeatable quests, such as those from Cyrodiil and from the Undaunted.

How would they know, it's not like they play the game they created ;)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

How would they know, it's not like they play the game they created ;)

I agree with this statement. I am not sure ZOS even plays this game given the ridiculous answer they gave to my question. I was insulted by their response as it was belittling and nothing but corporate spin.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow only 800000 writs and we get a champion point.... Seems legit
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing the math of it just so @ZOS_KaiSchober and the rest of @ZOS is crystal clear. Each Champion Points costs 400,000 XP. If you can stay on Enlightenment that's the equivalent of each Champion Point only costing 100,000 XP. So lets look at what happens to those who have only 1 Veteran Character that do Crafting Writs and other playstyles to gain XP.
    • Crafting Writs: 499 XP each, capped at 6 per day = 133 DAYS for 1 CP (33 Days Enlightened).
    • Legerdemain: 915 XP per Safebox/Chest (first come first served) = 437 picked (109 Enlightened) [works out to be about 1-1/2 DAYS for 1 CP Enlightened at 6-8 hours/day farming Chests].
    • Crafting: ~499 XP per Research completion = not even 1 CP is possible after a Year of Researching all 9 Traits.
    • Gathering: 0 XP = not even 1 CP is possible, ever.
    • Role Playing: 0 XP = not even 1 CP is possible, ever.

The above shows that ZoS does NOT play the game they created because they have stated repeatedly that they want all playstyles in ESO to have similar XP gain. Not even PvP gains as much XP as various PvE activities. Dungeons, even after the boost in 1.6 on PTS, still give complete crap for XP. That leaves your choices to, in roughly the order of speed of XP gain per hour:
    • Grinding (which they've been systematically nerfing).
    • Main Storyline Quests (which MANY already have completed).
    • Quests (Dailies or Zone, not Writs).
    • DSA.
    • PvP.
    • Dungeons.
    • Trials.