Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch 1.6 and skill use.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
Wil the patch change how often you can use your skills, compared to how it is now? Like, if I can use
Biting Jabs 5 times now before my magicka runs out, will that number change any after the patch?
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    In other words, will the ratio between skill cost and maximum stamina/magicka change so
    you can use skills less often than before?
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the little bit of time I played on the PTS the resource management seemed better. So most likely you will be able to use more often. Now I was using my VR14 with champion points. I am sure low level characters are still going to have the low level resource management issues.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I was worried because someone on another thread said "no one will be able to spam skills anymore".
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, was my experience. Day 1 on PTS, going straight into battle, everything was worse. I had very little stamina and a ton of health and magicka, which resulted in things like block, dodge, and stamina skills being impossible to use (Biting Jabs is stamina based in 1.6). Also, because different stats scale at different ratios, my regen wasn't what I was used to. However, after changing various enchants and investing CPs, it went from being unplayable to feeling even more powerful than live.

Of course, mileage has varied for people, ranging from no difference at all to worse than my situation. From what I've read, below VR6, the game largely feels the same, despite number/ratio changes.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    put all your points into magicka, or put it all into health and get magicka enchants.

you will be able to use A LOT of mana abilities; same with stamina.

in fact, most NBs will never even need to use siphoning attacks again:)
    Edited by Cody on March 1, 2015 2:49AM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers. :)