Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow Cloak still not fixed

• bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    So does this mean the "PvP trolls" are also immune to Shadow Cloak?

Because from what I've seen, pretty much anything breaks it (just like on the video).

The skill used to work fine before patch 1.4~, maybe you could have developers compare the code, see what changed and how it could be fixed?

At its current state, it is mostly just a waste of magicka.

Here are videos I recorded a couple months ago, showcasing some of the problems, which still haven't been fixed:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/145718/stealth-cloak-tests-videos

I could record some more footage (from 1.6 PTS), if that'd help.

However, a lot of effort goes into these videos in form of editing, rendering & uploading them, so I'd rather not do that unless I can be sure these issues are taken seriously.

Thanks, @DDuke!

We'll dig into what the change was before 1.4 and what is currently on the PTS. That may take a little time to get an answer to, so maybe hold off on any more video work for now? It may be a simple change that we can report back on. In the meantime, here is a little more clarification on monsters that are immune to Shadow Cloak and its morphs because they're ultimately immune to stuns:
    • Bone Colossus
    • Daedroth
    • Dwarven Centurion
    • Frost Atronach
    • Gargoyle
    • Giant
    • Harvester
    • Lich
    • Mammoth
    • Netch Bull
    • Storm Atronach
    • Titan
    • Troll
    • Wamasu
    • Watcher
    • Wispmother

There are also some monsters that have been given the "Scary" or "Boss" immunities in dungeons, Trials, and group boss encounters.

I didn't know shadow cloak and morphs are "stuns". Thought they were to allow you to go invisible, a get out of trouble card or a break sight (target) ability.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because from what I've seen, pretty much anything breaks it (just like on the video).

The skill used to work fine before patch 1.4~, maybe you could have developers compare the code, see what changed and how it could be fixed?

Here are videos I recorded a couple months ago, showcasing some of the problems, which still haven't been fixed:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/145718/stealth-cloak-tests-videos

However, a lot of effort goes into these videos in form of editing, rendering & uploading them, so I'd rather not do that unless I can be sure these issues are taken seriously.

Thanks, @DDuke!

We'll dig into what the change was before 1.4 and what is currently on the PTS. That may take a little time to get an answer to, so maybe hold off on any more video work for now? It may be a simple change that we can report back on. In the meantime, here is a little more clarification on monsters that are immune to Shadow Cloak and its morphs because they're ultimately immune to stuns:
    • Bone Colossus
    • Daedroth
    • Dwarven Centurion
    • Frost Atronach
    • Gargoyle
    • Giant
    • Harvester
    • Lich
    • Mammoth
    • Netch Bull
    • Storm Atronach
    • Titan
    • Troll
    • Wamasu
    • Watcher
    • Wispmother

There are also some monsters that have been given the "Scary" or "Boss" immunities in dungeons, Trials, and group boss encounters.

I didn't know shadow cloak and morphs are "stuns". Thought they were to allow you to go invisible, a get out of trouble card or a break sight (target) ability.

I believe they've made the skill stun certain enemies in PvE, as a band aid fix to those mobs breaking it when it shouldn't break. This is not the case (and has never been) in PvP.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, @DDuke!

• Bone Colossus
    • Daedroth
    • Dwarven Centurion
    • Frost Atronach
    • Gargoyle
    • Giant
    • Harvester
    • Lich
    • Mammoth
    • Netch Bull
    • Storm Atronach
    • Titan
    • Troll
    • Wamasu
    • Watcher
    • Wispmother

I guess it somehow counts as a stun.

Well thank you for the information Gina, I now have all the info I need, and you have given me an excellent reason to never use cloak in PvE again, in fact, I will only keep it on the bar until I get aspect of fear, then I am getting rid of cloak , seeing as how it will be utterly useless when I need it the most. 2.5 seconds of invisibility that is broken by many of the games DoTs must be very OP in y'alls eyes; I forgot the NB was the most powerful class in the game and needed an ability to only work for literally half of the game.

/takes a deep breath

its cool, its cool, it still has a use in PvP as dark cloak, and it works ok in regular PvE, so the ability is not totally useless and in need of replacement like... lets say.... AGONY(hint, hint)

I'm not mad at YOU Gina, so please don't use that as one of the reasons for removing this post and banning me from the forums:)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, @DDuke!

• Bone Colossus
    • Daedroth
    • Dwarven Centurion
    • Frost Atronach
    • Gargoyle
    • Giant
    • Harvester
    • Lich
    • Mammoth
    • Netch Bull
    • Storm Atronach
    • Titan
    • Troll
    • Wamasu
    • Watcher
    • Wispmother

I believe they've made the skill stun certain enemies in PvE, as a band aid fix to those mobs breaking it when it shouldn't break. This is not the case (and has never been) in PvP.

i've never heard of this....
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Thanks, @DDuke!

• Bone Colossus
    • Daedroth
    • Dwarven Centurion
    • Frost Atronach
    • Gargoyle
    • Giant
    • Harvester
    • Lich
    • Mammoth
    • Netch Bull
    • Storm Atronach
    • Titan
    • Troll
    • Wamasu
    • Watcher
    • Wispmother

It's been "stunning" mobs in PvE since shortly after launch I believe :P

It used to work even on bosses (there was a video of a NB cloaking+heavy attacking repeatedly and that way soloing VR dungeons, which were quite tough back then). That was promptly fixed however, by having the bosses immune to the "stun" and able to see you in stealth.

I think they changed that & made it affect all the mobs above (boss or not) some time around 1.4.

Anyhow, enough history lessons...

I'd just like the ability to do what it is supposed to do: grant 2.9 seconds of invisibility.

Having some bosses able to see through that is fine, a necessary evil if you will.
    Having enemy players able to see through it or break in in <0,1 seconds with a Wrecking Blow or a Charge attack is not fine, nor is having it break from you own DoTs on enemies, or your own Caltrops, Scorched Earth, Mephala set proc etc.
    Edited by DDuke on March 1, 2015 2:56AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Thanks, @DDuke!

• Bone Colossus
    • Daedroth
    • Dwarven Centurion
    • Frost Atronach
    • Gargoyle
    • Giant
    • Harvester
    • Lich
    • Mammoth
    • Netch Bull
    • Storm Atronach
    • Titan
    • Troll
    • Wamasu
    • Watcher
    • Wispmother

It's been "stunning" mobs in PvE since shortly after launch I believe :P

It used to work even on bosses (there was a video of a NB cloaking+heavy attacking repeatedly and that way soloing VR dungeons, which were quite tough back then). That was promptly fixed however, by having the bosses immune to the "stun" and able to see you in stealth.

I think they changed that & made it affect all the mobs above (boss or not) some time around 1.4.

Anyhow, enough history lessons...

I'd just like the ability to do what it is supposed to do: grant 2.9 seconds of invisibility.

Having some bosses able to see through that is fine, a necessary evil if you will.
    Having enemy players able to see through it or break in in <0,1 seconds with a Wrecking Blow or a Charge attack is not fine, nor is having it break from you own DoTs on enemies, or your own Caltrops, Scorched Earth, Mephala set proc etc.

cloak is not a stealthed based ability at this point; its only use is dark cloak for damage effect removal, at least for PvP, and that is exactly what I use it for.

its a shame... but what can one do?

Perhaps someone day it will be fixed.

Someday....
    Edited by Cody on March 1, 2015 3:25AM