Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade - Two handed weapon: viable or should I change to dual?

Carol
Carol
Soul Shriven
Hi, I'm only level 7 but I've been having fun with a two handed axe. I love the heavy hitting and movement etc on this, it just feels good. :)
However I've just read a guide that suggested if I don't go dual weapon I will lose out on some important stats later on in the game. So I'm asking advice please.. will I be less effective at high level if I stay with two handed axe? If it's important to swap I'd rather do so sooner than later and get the skills unlocked, but I will miss my axe! :)
Thanks
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carol wrote: »
    Hi, I'm only level 7 but I've been having fun with a two handed axe. I love the heavy hitting and movement etc on this, it just feels good. :)
    However I've just read a guide that suggested if I don't go dual weapon I will lose out on some important stats later on in the game. So I'm asking advice please.. will I be less effective at high level if I stay with two handed axe? If it's important to swap I'd rather do so sooner than later and get the skills unlocked, but I will miss my axe! :)
    Thanks

No, you won't be less effective. Stick with what you like.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will have one nice big attack. I know quite a few NB that like to go that way for pvp.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a conal AOE that generates ultimate.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carol wrote: »
    Thanks

It is viable. Most of the assassin skills work very well with 2 hand and since 2 hand has a naturally high weapon damage its pretty good to use with night blade burst moves and with the change coming to power drain in update 6. You can use power drain as a stamina aoe that does damage and boosts your weapon damage along with cleave from the 2 hand weapon you will be wreaking things with it.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After unlocking momentum, then checkout DW and see for yourself. I like them both and been playing them on my NB since release and settled on 2H finally (at least for now).
    Edited by Sacadon on March 1, 2015 2:44AM