Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What gets old and what keeps you logging on to ESO?

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious on how this game is doing for long time players...

What gets old in the game and makes you cringe everytime you play?

What keeps you logging in?
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What keeps me logging in? I love ESO and I personally play to grind gold and gear and run trials and other content with my guild. I collect rare and hard to get sets, and I try to add to that collection daily.

What gets old? Players constantly whining about anything and everything.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point knowing 1.6 is right around the corner keeps me logging in. The promise of new play styles, the chance to learn again.

They content (Cryodiil) no matter how magnificent it is has become tired to me. Watching campaign after campaign ruined by night capping has gotten very old.

I wish I was looking forward to 4v4v4 arena.
    Edited by TheBull on February 28, 2015 3:41PM
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like to do some challenging-ish PvE from time to time - but primarily I log in for Cyrodiil
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    At this point knowing 1.6 is right around the corner keeps me logging in. The promise of new play styles, the chance to learn again.

They content (Cryodiil) no matter how magnificent it is has become tired to me. Watching campaign after campaign ruined by night capping has gotten very old.

I wish I was looking forward to 4v4v4 arena.

I'd like for someone to explain the different Cryodiil play modes to help me understand why they aren't 'time boxed' to avoid having to play for 24 hours straight. I'm too new to get the PVP dynamics in ESO.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Ramtaku
    Ramtaku
    ✭✭✭
    It's old that I don't know the best way to develop my main due to concepts still in development.

I keep logging on because I love the graphics, love the combat and can pretty much always find something fun to do.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What keeps me playing? The fabulous PvP, and my guild.

What gets old? The less-than-fabulous bugs and exploits that break and ruin otherwise-fabulous PvP.

EDIT: Oh, and some of the poor design choices in PvP get old REALLY quick. Like the whole "low population bonus only refreshes once every three days" BS. That gets old really quick.

EDIT: Also, people. People get old really quick, especially when they're throwing a fit over literally everything.
    Edited by Ixtyr on February 28, 2015 6:13PM
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    My excellent guild and good PvP keeps me playing but at the same time, the bad PvP just punches my d***.
    Too many hours spent getting steamrolled by a group of dedicated vampires; I'm looking at you, Tom Cruise.
    Edited by NotSo on February 28, 2015 6:15PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets old: Every decent suggestion for improving vampires being completely ignored while changes NO ONE has asked for get foisted off on them.

What keeps me logging in: My guild.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I log in to not get kicked from 7 days inactive for all my guilds, I dunno why I just do. I had high hopes for ESO, but ZOS is failing so hard core its embarrassing.
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lack of response on critical items that concern long term players.

Crowngate 2015 being one of them. (Crap 100 crowns per month model)
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats old is not having a static endgame guild, what keeps me logging in are friends and the game overall

Suru
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Suru on March 1, 2015 12:29AM

Suru
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    havent logged in in a while. i canceled my sub in prep for Tamriel unlimited, they will have to earn my money now :). will log on when the patch goes live.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What keeps you logging in? Well I like playing the game when 1.6 finally goes live I will start back fully playing the game. I love the story, combat, zones, and quests. I also love the elder scrolls world in general. I cannot wait start customizing my characters permanently instead of it getting reset like on PTS. I also cannot wait to play it on consoles so I can finally play the game with stable graphics since my computer sucks at playing this game.

What gets old in the game and makes you cringe everytime you play? When ZMO do a patch and it messes up all the systems that was working. Also when people complain about every little thing.
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What keeps me logging in? I love to explore. I want to know what's over that hill, down that valley, underneath that tree, around the bend... I love the environments, the terrain, and the world we're in... except Al'ikr... and Coldharbour...

What gets old? Formulaic, linear story-telling... the same damn story over and over again with minor variations. Go from point A to point B; kill stuff enroute. Maybe pick up a side quest or two that may or may not be related to the theme of the zone you're in. Arrive at pint B; kill more stuff, maybe kill a mini-boss or three, and click on some item with a white arrow above it...

<Yawn>

The worst of the worst was Malabal Tor; I think a fifth grader wrote that story line. The whole zone is fractured and disjointed as far as story goes, yet it's some of the best terrain in the game.

I rue the day that story became the core of MMOs and role-playing; instead of playing our own roles and living our own story, we have become nothing but a cog in the pre-ordained events that occur as part of the story. We exist only to kill stuff. Go from point A to point B and kill stuff. That is the limit of our participation in the story. Nothing we do changes anything. Nothing we CAN do changes anything.

As Sheogorath would say, "Bor-ing!"
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets old in the game and makes you cringe everytime you play? ESO

What keeps you logging in? My guild, the people I play with
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Aeeeek
    Aeeeek
    ✭✭
    right now, logging on daily to upgrade my mains 2nd and 3rd horses
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What keeps me logging in: The lore and quest. That its a TES game :)

What gets old: People saying ZOS lies and all the doom sayers on the forum.
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing got old for me so far. Playing since beta, logging in every day. My main(VR7) did not complete Cadwells Silver yet, my valued alts(intended to reach veteran level) have not reached lvl 50. Other alts which I leved for certain groups or crafting are logging in as well now and then.

I have horses to feed, hireling to strip (without story currently which I enjoyed), chest to find in the open, quests to enjoy and a guild to log into every day. For me there are loads of things to do, but I get easily distracted in such rich games as this one. For our VR14 the game needs fresh content - fast.
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    for me it's my guild first of all, as any other guild master I have responsibility to care about guild and make it better each day for each member, second thing is that I have huge experience in game industry and games are my hobby, thing that i love and from all other MMOs i played and received experience, TESO is best, I think ZOS can handle TESO and make it best MMO, i believe in it and believe in ZOS team (they have really great both developers and support team, very warm and friendly), thats why i keep my sub up even if I entering in game maybe once per day just for guild.