Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Skill Ultimates - Suggestions

Brizz
Brizz
✭✭✭✭
Made these up because it's fun to play "Developer" for a day. What do you think? :smiley:

Two Handed
Devastation
Channel Time - 5 Seconds
Target - Area
Radius - 6 meters
Duration - 5 Seconds
Cost - 200 ultimate
Deals four devastating blows for "X" damage to enemies around player with a final fifth attack dealing "2X" damage. Grants immunity to knockback, disabling effects and snares for the duration.
m1: Reduces the cost of stamina abilities for 8 seconds.
m2: Grants a stacking bleed on each successful hit.

One Hand and Shield
Iron Will
Cast Time - Instant
Target - Area
Radius - 20 Meters
Duration - 8 Seconds
Cost - 250 ultimate
Reduces damage taken by 20%, and reduces damage of area of effects by 50% for nearby allies for 8 seconds.
m1: Also grants player damage shield for 40% of their total health
m2: Increases duration to 12 seconds.

Dual Wield
Death from Above
Cast Time - Instant
Target - Enemy
Range - 3.5-24 meters
Cost - 50 ultimate
Player leaps to target and attacks, dealing "X" physical damage while reducing the target's healing received by 50.0%.
m1: Increases Area of effect damage by 10% for 8 seconds.
m2: Increases movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds.

Bow
Blot out the Sun
Cast Time - Instant
Target - Self
Duration - 15 Seconds
Cost - 150 Ultimate
Increases area of effect Damage of Volley and Arrow Spray by 20.0% for 15 seconds.
m1: Increases Range and Radius by 20.0%.
m2: Can have two Volleys active at a time.

Destruction Staff
Implosion
Cast Time - Instant
Target - Enemy
Range - 28 Meters
Cost - 150 Ultimate
Deals High Elemental Damage to target that cannot be reflected or resisted.
m1: All attacks made against target cannot be reflected or resisted for 8 seconds.
m2: All attacks made against target have 15% increased critical chance for 8 seconds.

Restoration Staff
Target - Self
Duration - 8 Seconds
Cost - 200 Ultimate
Melee attacks made against player knock back and stun enemies for 4 seconds, and absorbs projectiles.
m1: Melee attackers are snared for 50% for 10 seconds.
m2: Projectiles absorbed restore magicka.
:.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds Epic
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to give each weapon skill line an ultimate that gave them a tool that they didn't have access to before. (without having to use class skills to make up for it)
    Edited by Brizz on February 25, 2015 7:20PM
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see other ideas.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would also be pretty cool to see an on-use ultimate for werewolves once they build enough while in form.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    It would also be pretty cool to see an on-use ultimate for werewolves once they build enough while in form.

I think I actually drooled at this...

As for the other ideas, really really awesome! I'm always tempted to think ultimates should do insane damage, but I like the balance here and how the skill feels like it belongs to the skill tree.

I'd really love to see an ultimate for Undaunted, which matches how Fighter's and Mage's Guild skill lines are made up.

Undaunted
    Call of the Undaunted
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Area
    Radius - 28 meters
    Duration - 12 seconds
    Cost - 250 Ultimate
    Enemies in the area take high magicka damage and are snared 70% for 8 seconds. After 8 seconds, all allies in the area gain a damage shield equal to 20% of their max health.

Allies may activate the Rage synergy, removing all damage shields, and causing Call of the Undaunted to be recast. Rage may only be once in this manner.

m1: Has increased duration
    m2: Enemies in the area take magicka damage and are snared 70% for 12 seconds. Allies in the radius are healed for 10% of damage caused by Call of the Undaunted throughout the duration.

Allies may activate the Resurgence synergy, ending all effects and restoring 33% of missing magicka or stamina, whichever is lower.

I'm not sure I like the second morph, but that's my first go. The idea is mainly for it to be an alternate way to boost the group, rather than damage shield.
    Edited by likewow777 on February 28, 2015 7:27AM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @likewow777 cool idea :)
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad. I'm fine with keeping just class ultimate's though. However, I made a post a few days ago that would make current ultimate's seem more ultimate. Each ultimate is given an added effect based upon how overcharged it is (since we are able to have way more ULT than is needed to perform most Ultimate's).

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/153622/great-ultimate-idea-imo#latest this was the thread and people seemed to really like the idea.

If they did make weapon skill ultimate's I think they should have their utility but be no where as strong as class ultimate's.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad. I'm fine with keeping just class ultimate's though. However, I made a post a few days ago that would make current ultimate's seem more ultimate. Each ultimate is given an added effect based upon how overcharged it is (since we are able to have way more ULT than is needed to perform most Ultimate's).

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/153622/great-ultimate-idea-imo#latest this was the thread and people seemed to really like the idea.

If they did make weapon skill ultimate's I think they should have their utility but be no where as strong as class ultimate's.

I think current ultimates are fine. An ulti should feel strong, but it also shouldn't be an "IWIN" button either.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its a great idea, granted we already have more on our plate with 24 class ultimates ( regular ones with their morphs) to balance but having more options shouldnt hurt too much.

I rather the weapon ultimates to be more of utility ultimates than basically a powerful version of an ability. However it would be nice to gain really amazing synergy with other players.

2handers
    Siegebreaker - 200ult
    You become unstoppable, gaining immunity to knockbacks and other cc effects for 4 secs. You also gain Major Resolve, gaining 2k armor each sec for 4 secs.

Morph 1: Unstoppable Force You lose the armor bonus but gain the immunity effect bonus duration per heavy hit for 8 secs.

Morph 2: Battering Ram You lose immunity effect but gain minor berserk, increasing 8% weapon damage.

Dual wield
    Gut Wrench - 75ult
    Deals [X] damage, with a 120% Increase to targets that are above 80% health. Also causes Minor Defile.

Morph 1: Mangle You lose the minor defile but does an increased 300% damage to targets above 80% health.

Morph 2: Weak Spots instead of 120% increased damage to targets above 80% health, you deal 200% bonus damage to targets that are wounded.

Sword and shield
    Guardian on the Wall - 250ult
    Each hit on you heals 5% of your max health, to a maximum of 35%, for 5 secs. Your allies max health is also increased by 10% of your armor for 3 secs when they activate the 'watcher' synergy.

Morph 1: Iron Wall your allies also gain +10% armor via the synergy.

Morph 2: Immovable Objects your allies gain a damage shield for each heavy attack via the synergy.

Bow
    Field of Arrows - 180ult
    You fire (channelled) arrows into the air, raining the battlefield, dealing 120% weapon damage and marking targets within the area for 4 secs. For each target marked, you gain 5% weapon critical chance.

Morph 1: True Shot the area of effect is smaller, but you gain 10% weapon critical chance for each target marked.

Morph 2: As above, so below your allies now are able to gain 10% weapon speed but you dont deal the initial damage.

Destruction staff
    Devastation - 250ult
    You emit a wave of pure magicka around the target, stunning and dealing 150% spell damage. Your allies around the target are refreshed and their magicka regeneration increases by 15%.

Morph 1: The Select Few You now emit the wave from yourself but your allies gain 10% health, magicka and stamina.

Morph 2: Higher Calling You now deal 180% damage, up to 300% as your magicka runs out.

Restoration staff
    Consecration - 200ult
    You spiked your staff to the ground, consecrating an area around you and dealing [X] magicka damage. Your allies can gain Major Ward, Major Resolve, healing them for 30% of their max health.

Morph 1: Witness! You no longer consecrate the ground but your allies gain Major Ward, Major Resolve, increased stamina and magicka recovery, healing for 20% of their max health.

Morph 2: Arise, Champions! You consecrate the ground and deal (x2) magicka damage but your allies now received Major Berserker, Major Sorcery.

Ps: I must have been drunk when I did this. Can't believe I have the time haha.
    Edited by RavenSworn on April 21, 2015 4:13PM
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its a great idea, granted we already have more on our plate with 24 class ultimates ( regular ones with their morphs) to balance but having more options shouldnt hurt too much.

I rather the weapon ultimates to be more of utility ultimates than basically a powerful version of an ability. However it would be nice to gain really amazing synergy with other players.

2handers
    Siegebreaker - 200ult
    You become unstoppable, gaining immunity to knockbacks and other cc effects for 4 secs. You also gain Major Resolve, gaining 2k armor each sec for 4 secs.

Morph 1: Unstoppable Force You lose the armor bonus but gain the immunity effect bonus duration per heavy hit for 8 secs.

Morph 2: Battering Ram You lose immunity effect but gain minor berserk, increasing 8% weapon damage.

Dual wield
    Gut Wrench - 75ult
    Deals [X] damage, with a 120% Increase to targets that are above 80% health. Also causes Minor Defile.

Morph 1: Mangle You lose the minor defile but does an increased 300% damage to targets above 80% health.

Morph 2: Weak Spots instead of 120% increased damage to targets above 80% health, you deal 200% bonus damage to targets that are wounded.

Sword and shield
    Guardian on the Wall - 250ult
    Each hit on you heals 5% of your max health, to a maximum of 35%, for 5 secs. Your allies max health is also increased by 10% of your armor for 3 secs when they activate the 'watcher' synergy.

Morph 1: Iron Wall your allies also gain +10% armor via the synergy.

Morph 2: Immovable Objects your allies gain a damage shield for each heavy attack via the synergy.

Bow
    Field of Arrows - 180ult
    You fire (channelled) arrows into the air, raining the battlefield, dealing 120% weapon damage and marking targets within the area for 4 secs. For each target marked, you gain 5% weapon critical chance.

Morph 1: True Shot the area of effect is smaller, but you gain 10% weapon critical chance for each target marked.

Morph 2: As above, so below your allies now are able to gain 10% weapon speed but you dont deal the initial damage.

Destruction staff
    Devastation - 250ult
    You emit a wave of pure magicka around the target, stunning and dealing 150% spell damage. Your allies around the target are refreshed and their magicka regeneration increases by 15%.

Morph 1: The Select Few You now emit the wave from yourself but your allies gain 10% health, magicka and stamina.

Morph 2: Higher Calling You now deal 180% damage, up to 300% as your magicka runs out.

Restoration staff
    Consecration - 200ult
    You spiked your staff to the ground, consecrating an area around you and dealing [X] magicka damage. Your allies can gain Major Ward, Major Resolve, healing them for 30% of their max health.

Morph 1: Witness! You no longer consecrate the ground but your allies gain Major Ward, Major Resolve, increased stamina and magicka recovery, healing for 20% of their max health.

Morph 2: Arise, Champions! You consecrate the ground and deal (x2) magicka damage but your allies now received Major Berserker, Major Sorcery.

Ps: I must have been drunk when I did this. Can't believe I have the time haha.

some good ideas :)