The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Card + ESO Plus

Cously
Cously
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm acquiring 2 game time cards now. Then I'll remove my credit card before Tamriel Unlimited (nothing to do with ESO, merely a personal choice of payment). My questions are:

1) If I apply these game cards (120 Days), will I be eligible to get the senche tiger? I already have 300 paid days but my subscription status says "Cancelled" and I know the second requirement for the tiger is have an "Active" sub.

2) If I apply these game cards BEFORE Tamriel unlimited, will it add retroactive Crowns? Such as the months after March 17th will be credited like 4500 Crowns? Or do I have to wait AFTER Tamriel unlimited launches?

3) In sum do I need a credit card at all to keep my subscription active? Or can I just replace it all with game cards from NOW ON?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can answer some of your questions:

1) You technically aren't canceling your current subscription, you're canceling the renewal of it so the days the current sub. pays for until it expires still count: if in doubt go to Billing History and count up the number of "days paid" that are shown in there, that number is what counts and that's the 300 needed for the tiger.

So, your entitlement for the tiger will still stand even if you cancel the renewal agreement.

2) I don't know for sure how Crowns will be calculated before March 16, I presume it's on the same basis as "days paid" but really don't know.

3) In order to play you need "days paid", you can either buy them as one-off purchases with Time Cards or you can set up a recurring payment, aka. a 'subscription'.

So, no, I don't believe you need to have a credit card registered for an auto-renewing subscription in order to play, you can carry on playing simply by registering Time Cards to keep you account active.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 27, 2015 11:11AM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joolio wrote: »
    1) If I apply these game cards (120 Days), will I be eligible to get the senche tiger? I already have 300 paid days but my subscription status says "Cancelled" and I know the second requirement for the tiger is have an "Active" sub.
    It's just wording. Be able to login to the game right before the switch happens (i.e. have paid game time) and you're golden.
    2) If I apply these game cards BEFORE Tamriel unlimited, will it add retroactive Crowns? Such as the months after March 17th will be credited like 4500 Crowns? Or do I have to wait AFTER Tamriel unlimited launches?
    Yes, you'll get 100 crowns for every 30 day period before and 1,500 crowns for every started 30 day period after.
    3) In sum do I need a credit card at all to keep my subscription active? Or can I just replace it all with game cards from NOW ON?
    It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you've got time remaining on your account when the switch happens. It doesn't matter how you've paid for that.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your preference is to pay with time cards, and you intend to keep paying with time cards, there is no reason to cancel the recurring subscription. If you are able to, there is no reason to not have a recurring subscription selected.

Reload your subscription time before the recurring subscription results in a charge and the time will be extended and your crefit card will never be charged. Your account will always show "Active - Recurring" instead of "Canceled". This prevents any future action on the part of ZOS that, correctly or incorrectly, keys off of "Canceled" or "Active" from having a negative impact on you.

When you decide that you don't want to continue loading in time cards, you can either drop back to the recurring subscription or cancel it at that time.

Bottom line is that there is no reason to cancel the recurring subscription if you keep loading time cards in until you want to stop using time cards.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Joolio,

Other folks in this topic are indeed correct, but we just wanted to confirm!
    1. If you already have 300 days paid on your account, the only other criteria is that your subscription is active. This only means that your "days remaining" needs to carry over into Tamriel Unlimited. You do not need to have a recurring subscription. This allows people who have only ever paid with game time cards to be eligible as well.
    2. Yes. You will receive 1500 crowns for each remaining 30 day period on your account. The FAQ has a summary of the transition for current subscribers:
      As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber. In addition, you'll be automatically enrolled in ESO Plus for the remainder of your subscription period. You'll receive the full benefits of membership, and 1500 crowns for each 30-day period remaining on your subscription. For example, if you have 30 days or less remaining, you will receive 1500 crowns. If you have between 30 and 60 days remaining, you will receive 3000 crowns. 60 to 90 days, 4500 crowns.
    3. Nope, your account is considered "Active" as long as there is game time remaining on it. You can unsubscribe from recurring payments and remain eligible for the loyalty rewards with game time cards.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post