The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Surge question

Pappa
Pappa
✭✭✭
Since the change so that you get crit heals from both morphs (Critical Surge and Power Surge) what is the advantage over choosing Crit over Power?
*Kiss the goat*
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power Surge buffs both spell and weapon damage and heals you on crits for 40℅ of the damage done (costs magicka). It can be replaced by Entropy (Mages Guild).
    Critical Surge buffs only weapon damage and heals you on crits for 50% of the damage done (costs stamina). It can be replaced by Momentum (2H).

Surge is weaker than the other abilities granting the same buffs from other skill lines imo.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 27, 2015 1:06AM
    Wololo.
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply,

Currantly i'm specced with Crit Surge, looks like i'm going to have to change the morph if i want to continue using it, but as i'm destro specced and the two destro spells i use work off weapon damage, should i keep crit surge?
    Or have they changed that too?

I have used Entropy in the past and found it a bit lack luster, i take it it's getting a buff?

Just found your post on surge v entropy gonna give it a read
    Edited by Pappa on February 27, 2015 1:14AM
    *Kiss the goat*
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crit surge heals up to 60% of the critical hits damage, but still uses magicka. As for Entrophy not only does that skill provide the same damage buff, but it has the slight heal and mages guild passives supporting it.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pappa wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply,

Currantly i'm specced with Crit Surge, looks like i'm going to have to change the morph if i want to continue using it, but as i'm destro specced and the two destro spells i use work off weapon damage, should i keep crit surge?

I have used Entropy in the past and found it a bit lack luster, i take it it's getting a buff?

Destro scales off of spell dmg now. For the very high magicka cost compared to the alternatives, they really need to add some more buffs to Crit and Power Surge.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Pappa
    Pappa
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply,

Destro scales off of spell dmg now. For the very high magicka cost compared to the alternatives, they really need to add some more buffs to Crit and Power Surge.

Oh great, i have a set bonuses for weapon damage, looks like i'm going to be farming 56 wax :(

*Kiss the goat*
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply,

Erock25 wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply,

Oh great, i have a set bonuses for weapon damage, looks like i'm going to be farming 56 wax :(
    1941-fejspalm-facepalm.jpg