Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What will you do SORCERERS?

macabrex
macabrex
✭✭
After 1.6 announced i started to level a DK. I thought i can level him to vr1 and then gain cp with caldwell's silver and gold quests after 1.6 hits alive. After 1.6 nerfs to sorcs and Eric's speech at eso live i understood that my sorc never get love what he deserves. My dk is vr8 now and i will continue to play with him. Question is simple. What will YOU do when 1.6 hits alive?
Edited by macabrex on February 26, 2015 7:25AM

What will you do SORCERERS? 76 votes

Sorcerer's are better then 1.5. People are just whining.
35%
LegacyDMBigMDreamo84TheBullSublimeTehMagnusDaraughjluceyub17_ESOJogi1LarsSshishkin_85eb17_ESOShunravileeuxRenertusLord_KreeganMinscThelonReifResipsa131Sarevocc 27 votes
Life goes on.Sorc got nerfed but i'll never leave my sorc alone. I will continue to play with my sorc.
39%
TheLawTheVindelatorSirJackTheValiantLyonheartCo MorvulSeraphyelReykiceRakshatValmonddavid.haypreub18_ESOGilGaladPktgumbyquelthasasAshtarisOurorborosJaedojsalit5149Wolfchild07Vyle_ByteDigiman 30 votes
I gave up. I will play with my other toons or reroll.
22%
Erock25myrrrorb14_ESOc0rpYusufJar_EkJitterbugPanda244macabrexNanigaeKeriokoolsborgNightSkyRomoArchmage1LirkinBallzy321pmacisback 17 votes
I lost my hope about class balancng.I'll quit.
2%
AltusVenifusLightword 2 votes
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last time I checked the PTS my sorc was still as powerful as live. In fact "Power Surge" had also gained a healing effect from crits so my sorc was better off.
  • macabrex
    macabrex
    ✭✭
    So give your vote and contribute, let us know how community thinks.
  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    I just like the pet changes!
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The option I wanted wasn't there:

5. I haven't given up on Sorc, but I'll probably play other classes.

Yes Sorcs have been hit hard with the nerf bat while buffing a build that only 5% of sorcs want to play (togglemancer). With that said I do think that players are exaggerating a little. It's possible to get decent damage at the moment (11-12k) sustained with a couple variations. The biggest issue is survivability in 1.6 with the nerf to light armor. All together the class just may be too much effort than what I'd like to get competitive damage. That is compared to easymode DK rotations and survivability with GDB.

I've got a v14 NB and I'm leveling two (2) DKs (v1 imperial tank, soon to be v1 Dunmer Pyromage) too while I fine tune my sorc build just to be safe that I'll have a build I actually enjoy. I don't like pets that I know for sure.
    Edited by Cuyler on February 26, 2015 3:26PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hopeful that sorcs will be able to pull enough DPS to be wanted in competitive trials again. It will be nice to have a purpose beyond dropping Negates.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last time I checked the PTS my sorc was still as powerful as live. In fact "Power Surge" had also gained a healing effect from crits so my sorc was better off.

Better take a good look at your Combat Log Statistics. The healing from Surge has an internal cool down and is proccing from dots. This makes the healing aspect of the skill far less useful than you may think.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life goes on.Sorc got nerfed but i'll never leave my sorc alone. I will continue to play with my sorc.
    The Surge cooldown is going to cause a s--tstorm when 1.6 hits the live server.

From reading comments of sorcs who haven't played on the PTS, it's obvious that many don't realize how crippled they're going to be in tough AOE fights.
    Edited by Emma_Overload on February 26, 2015 5:59PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't have the option I'd chose, I haven't tested enough on the PTS but I have seen all the posts both good and bad. For me, even if its nerfed all to hell, I wont give up my favorite class, it fits my play style. I will find a way to adapt to the changes.

Besides, I just got Vyle to V14 and not really looking to go through that grind again lol. I do play other classes but I will never shelf my sorc's completely.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen people post dps numbers that are easily as good as anyone else if not better in PVE. I read that sorc are the ones in PVP that are rocking the best bubble shield builds. And, I just watched a video of a sorc soloing the first boss in AA. Basically, the evidence is pilling up that sorc are still good. Take the time to figure out the new builds and you will be happy with your sorc.

The only true deficit I see in a sorc is healing. They really do not have anything special to add to a resto staff healing build that other classes have. No +% healing done, no damage and heal the group spells, just the staff spells. So, if anything for the sorc is needed it is something that will make them a better healer.
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did far better in PvP on 1.6 than on live so I'm certainly looking forward to it. :p
    Might just be a meta change that favours my playstyle though.
    Edited by Sublime on February 27, 2015 10:45AM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs are better. People who didn't know how to play sorcs and blamed it on the class in 1.5 are getting worst results in PTS and QQ instead of waiting for people to do testing & finding out the op stuff.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.25 sec CD breaks it, especially considering the nerf. Not DoT in any build or you will get an RNG of which dot crits.

As for testing DPS metres that in itself is a full on folly as those numbers won't be the same when this goes live. Most sorcerers who say they are doing well aren't using full caster builds and are sword and board melee builds. Or pet builds, we are really far off from sitting pretty as one minor nerf to shields could turn us from hard nuts to bubble pops. Especially when most have just been dueling 1 vs 1 testing builds in legendary gear handed to them from templates. I admit burst damage with Crystal fragments is enticing but that's it. Lightening flood as a main AoE DPS just makes it hard for Tanks to hold aggro with addeds and is useless when most bosses will move around like a fly.

Quite frankly I was shocked that Eric gave the green light to have cloth mitigate 1/4 of heavy. It was so heavy handed and ruined class builds that were magicka based but didn't have the hardened ward sorcerers had to survive such a change. 2/4 or 1/2 of heavy would suffice, cloth will still be the weakest but it won't ruin playstyles for people who liked magicak builds and give the combat team more leg room to adjust shield numbers without worrying about breaking sorcerers survivability.

But what really needs to be addressed is Surge, its broken. An ability meant to increase our damage output while healing us with the damage we dealt has been overshadowed by the basic entropy mages guild skill. That's just wrong. Scrap the CD or have Dark exchange give an instant heal when activated as it channels.
  • Jogi1
    Jogi1
    ✭✭
    It's just new game to learn. If you fall, you can whine and go home, or you stand up and deal that you have to learn a lesson from falling. Deal with it, learn to play and remember to hit harder next time, learn to hit so hard that they have to send 10 or more to kill you.

I'll fall proudly whit my staff and after every fall, I'll hit my enemy harder

"Anon us most soon again, for sooth."
    Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who always played his character as a stamina spec, I will be focusing on my DK or leveling my Templar from now on. I do think magicka Sorc could possibly be decent now. Especially considering some fights require range.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my play style, 1.6 is a bit worse than live. I tried quite a few different build and the results ranged from poor to decent. It is good to see pets get some love.

But with the announcement of the champinion system, I rolled up a DK and a Templar to play with and grind out some CPs. And the DK is a lot of fun, so will most likely switch to that one. Although the Templar was cool...

Anyway, shelving the sorc for a bit at least, since the other classes are a more viable option for my playstyle in endgame PvE
  • Nefrast
    Nefrast
    ✭✭✭
    I will continue with the Cadwell's gold quests (I will probably need another month for those at least).

And if I don't like the game anymore after the patch, there are more than enough other options out to spend my time and money on. I would never shed tears or be sad because of a computer game. Play as long as it's fun, stop immediately if it's not.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    It might be good in these poll threads to give some brief synopsis of builds.
    i.e.
    Lightarmor Ranged DPS/CC Destruction staff/Resto Staff, I haven't played on the test server but I've watched quite abit on Twitch.tv

I voted better than 1.5 but I have no basis for the vote, I've seen players play really well but then again those are the players that are streaming the game.
  • Lightword
    Lightword
    ✭✭
    I lost my hope about class balancng.I'll quit.
    Sorc's atm are not even viable in 1.5, why would they even be useful in 1.6, just a negate? The dps needs to be lowered on a pet build that grants you more surviveability and increase the dps of a typical no pet sorc build. The Sorc has never had the love it needed in the game, every other class has a higher dps output in light armor and staff setup. Thus, this game is tilted into the DK's favor and always will be with the Sorc's riding on the coat tails. Will the game be fixed and finally balanced? Maybe one day, but it is not in 1.6.